It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown Russian Rulette

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
ive just watched the russian rulette program... and i can say that was quite impressive... they guy was certainly very brave.. pulled the trigger at his head 3 times...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm with you there Blade Runner.

I think he's better than Blaine.

I even closed my eyes on number 6.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have to say that was really tense, especially with his 3 minute pause in the middle. I think his blank fire at the target was probably just a stunt to make it look more tense then what it was.

Well, that was abrilliant performanse IMHO

Good one Derren Brown, you can kick David Blaines ass any day

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
he did number 5 then kept the suspence up....

he knew exacally what he was doing 100% he was just playing with us...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
slight of hand plus he no patch on pen and teller wich should be in 50 greatest magic tricks with there bulit catch trick 10:35

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I was on the edge of my seat throughout. He certainly knows how to keep the suspense.

It was a shame it wasn't longer, i see what you mean about the pause, if he had just went all the way through clicking it would have been done in less than a minute.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think it was sleight of hand.So in the true sense it wasn't a trick.Brown always uses mind manipulation.

Penn and Teller Bullet trick.

But that was a carefully worked out trick.I don't think this was.

Where and how was the sleight of hand?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
this guy does this for a liveing you really think hes going to blow his head off have you watched the programes on ch5 with the magician from monkey magic. First it showed you the tricks then a week later its showed you how it was done disstraction and outher things it was really good.

also was there breaks in between not 100% live

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Derren's but before this show came on I was like "We all know he'll do it, it's hardly gonna be exciting", well I couldn't be more wrong. I don't know whether he was acting (more than likely was) but he genuinely looked terrified and unsure with the last two and I #ing # myself.
I started thinking back to the This Morning program not long ago when I knife thrower accidently hit his assistant in the head.

Because he didn't put the second to last shot at his head is this classed as a failure? The tension was unbearable and the pause was horrible. He did genuinely look shaken up at the end. An act?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i think he totally knew what he was doing...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Scripted from start to finish. What a bunch of crap. Just as bad as Blaine, but with a British spin. Bah.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
First of all, is the Brit police going to allow someone to point a real live weapon at thier head on national TV with live ammo????

Why do I smell bogus round of ammo, totall inert, not going to fire in a million years, and a pitiful quest for ratings?

Anyone who is stupid enough to point a gun with live ammo at thier head and pull the trigger for any reason deserves to have thier brains mopped off the wall with a sponge...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I did not see it as i was out, but heard it was tense to say the least....

well i may have inside info of david blaine lol
my brother has been assigned as his new watcher while he is in the box.....
My bro said he will have a good look at the box while on his 12 hour shift.....

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It was done outside the country in an undisclosed location dragonrider, to avoid any legal implications. Have you ever actually watched any of his shows DR? The guy is a great mind control expert, he's done some things that have made my jaw drop to the floor.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Phsychologial illusionist says it all

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Can you say the stuff he did in picking out the people to do it was an illusion? The bit at the end where he guessed the words they had in their head was most impressive. The whole point of the stunt was that he could use someone who was very suceptible to outside influences and either make them choose the chamber he wanted or get them to subliminally tell him which chamber it was. That is what he set out to prove. He done this when he asked the guy to count from one to six, and in the same why he has done many other tricks, he guessed right from the guys voice. It is psychology, not magic. The bit where he fired the blank at the sandbag was for suspense though. He is not like Blaine. He uses psychology to amaze people, not illusion.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
brown is one clever man, the best is when he collects winnings on a losing ticket its all subconcious he beleives 100 % his ticket is the winner and this comes across to the cashier who beleives him and pays up ! try it its hard tho, my mates mrs won at the dogs and accidently gave the wrong ticket in but she got paid up on it cus she beleived she had won, she had but gave the wrong ticket !

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i dont think anybody who didnt watch that last night can comment on the thread...

and for anybody who didnt see he got a box of ammo loaded one and then shot a sandbag about 30ft away.. and then picked another to put in the gun...

and when darren brown had finnished he fired the bullet at the sandbag.. it certainly looked real....

he was totally in control at all times.. id say he is a very good pyschologist..

the word prediction just by looking at peoples faces.. and the cup game at the start and the picture drawing bit.. was amazing even the bit were he predicted what colour chairs people would sit on...

the guy in the wrong hands could certainly be very powerfull... it makes you think if you know what your doing could a jedi mind trick type thing be developed...

id place money on it there are plently of cia agents as good with psy as darren brown is...

not a magition.. but quite possibly a genious..

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
...or it was all scripted farce like the blaine show.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I watched that last night just beacuse it was on, but I must say, wether it was all a hoax or ot, it was sure impressive. Like you said, the colored chairs, the names, the words, it all seemed very genuine, and impressive. I must believe that there was something else behind the Gun stunt though, because I don't think there is anyway a terrestrial TV station would risk showing a live suicide. They would never risk it, which is why it must have been controlled. But everything else he did was fascinating

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join