It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God s Message To The World Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

GOD'S MESSAGE TO THE WORLD TODAY
10 February 2005

My children,

I am concerned for your welfare.
In fact,
I am you.
Your happiness is my fulfillment.

Therefore, peace.
love.
right conduct.
harmlessness.
and truth.

These virtues will ensure your happiness.
They will secure satisfying relationships,
both among yourselves as persons,
and also between your nations.

It is not my will
that you adventure into many lands
to seek others to kill,

... Visit link for full text

Authorized original copy posted at:
onevoice.atspace.com...

[Trimmed large quote]

[edit on 20-2-2006 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
To me this sounds like something from a Dr. Bronners soap jug. Where ever it came from; I like it.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Tell God if he has anything to say, to say it himself. Or is he too much of a coward to come down to earth and face up to what he has done?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Tell God if he has anything to say, to say it himself. Or is he too much of a coward to come down to earth and face up to what he has done?

What he has done?...I think you have something slightly screwed up there. We screwed ourselves in this mess.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
He cant come down because he doesnt exist, or if he does, then he wont come down, except to destroy us, cos hes evil.

Doesnt it just seem so weird that all along this all-powerful god always chooses a human to speak through. Surely he could speak to us directly, then there would be no need for multiple religions constantly warring over the truth? It shows he doesnt exist, or he is purposely creating hell for us all here.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   

You obviously know very little about God. Have you ever actualy read the Bible, or do you just make up your mind from bogus sources?

Did you miss the part where God gave us 'free will'? You know, the choice to do as we wish. He did warn us of the consequences of doing the wrong thing, right? So is it Gods fault we chose to ignore the warnings?

God did not create religion, man did. God did not create war, man did.

Our life here on Earth is of our own making. The mess we have to live through is the mess we chose to accept, the mess we made.

I think you are just looking for something or someone to blaim, other than yourself. We are all responsible for what we have created.
God cannot intervene, otherwise he would contradict his own word.

Just like God doesn't make you rich, he also doesn't make you poor. They are man-made problems.

[edit on 20/2/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
so how come we ALL didn't get a copy of this poem from God, since he's omnipotent & all?? hmmm??

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
so how come we ALL didn't get a copy of this poem from God, since he's omnipotent & all?? hmmm??

Again, it comes down to "free will"....He cannot do as you suggest because it would take away "free will"...

We are here to learn, not be told what to do. If we do the wrong thing it's not God's fault, it's ours. We have created the madness and perverted the way things could have been, not God.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
who says I'm mad? I'm just wondering, that's all. Why are you so quick to judge?

............and that response was in reply to your original post, which you seem to have now edited.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by Figjam]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
who says I'm mad? I'm just wondering, that's all. Why are you so quick to judge?

Sry I thought you were the other poster I replied to before, edited it out.

And I wasn't judging, I was asking a question based on the tone of that post.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
okay, fair enough. Well, I'm just curious that's all, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
No prob, I should have paid more attention, just that your names are a similar length and the post tone was also similar. I jumped without double checking.

Anyway sorry Onevoice, don't mean to fill your thread with drama.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

You obviously know very little about God. Have you ever actualy read the Bible, or do you just make up your mind from bogus sources?

what do you call getting your info from the bible ?

Did you miss the part where God gave us 'free will'? You know, the choice to do as we wish. He did warn us of the consequences of doing the wrong thing, right? So is it Gods fault we chose to ignore the warnings?

who is us ? free will ? top ten excuse find something else please

God did not create religion, man did. God did not create war, man did.

men created religion hence god is a human invention , do i make sense ?

Our life here on Earth is of our own making. The mess we have to live through is the mess we chose to accept, the mess we made.

how to escape giving answers , god gave us free will

I think you are just looking for something or someone to blaim, other than yourself.

We are all responsible for what we have created.

definitely agree with this sentence , finally something

God cannot intervene, otherwise he would contradict his own word.

insert disclaimer here

Just like God doesn't make you rich, he also doesn't make you poor. They are man-made problems.

find and replace you / me

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk

what do you call getting your info from the bible ?

LOL we're talking about God, where else do you think you can get info about God from? The Bible is the original source for the whole concept of the Christian God, no?

who is us ? free will ? top ten excuse find something else please

Huh? Do you not understand 'free will'? What excuse? Read the Bible, it's not something Christians made up to excuse Gods behaviour.
If we didn't have 'free will' Human life would be pointless and there would not have been creation in the first place.

men created religion hence god is a human invention , do i make sense ?

Not in this context no. God and religeon are not one and the same.
You are saying God is to blaim for what we have done yet you also say there is no God? If there is no God then it is our doing not Gods right? Either way it's our fault, do you agree? that was the point.

how to escape giving answers , god gave us free will

What answers? What was the question I was supposed to answer?

definitely agree with this sentence , finally something

Finally? Do we have to agree on anything? Will you not be happy till we all think like you?

insert disclaimer here

No disclaimer, that's the way it works. You are expecting too much.
We were given free will for a reason.

find and replace you / me

What? Lost me on that one.

You know whether you actualy believe in God or not, it doesn't change the way the Bible is worded and how it explains the question of 'free will' and why He doesn't come down and fix everything. If you don't understand it's not cause you are an athiest, it's because you are not aware of the thing you are trying so hard to discredit. Even non-believers, if you want to argue your side you should have some knowledge of what you are talking about. I'm no Bible expert but I understand the concept of free will, it's pretty simple really.
I'm not a Christian but I'll argue the Bible when it's being miss-represented.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have read the bible. This is the problem. It shows a vicious, malevolent, jealous, scheming evil piece of crap im ashamed to have called my god. How I missed it for so many years is a mystery, it just shows the level of brainwashing used by the churches. How you can attribute all those things to a god of love, mercy and justice is beyond me.

God wants us all to suffer. God does not give a crap about any single one of us. God created all things according to the bible, and according to the bible, we are all suffering due to the sins of 2 people. Tell me how this isnt sick and disgusting behaviour? Do you punish your grandkids for what your kids done when they were young?

Why would a loving god create us and enable us to suffer some horrific disorders, such as alzheimers, cancer, downs, parkinsons and many many more? Please, come up with an apology on your gdd's behalf for that one?

That sick thing, whatever he is, has alot to answer for if he exists.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow...just wow!

Onevoice presents us all with a timely and precious message and it, in turn, produces a debate about who's God is who's God...unbelievable.

You know what...the Christian God is the same God as every other religion worships, no matter what texts you want to quote from.

No earthly religion or group or country or individual has a monopoly on God.

Creator, Deity, God...what's the difference? Isn't it Onevoice's message that is really important?

Firefly...why do you think a Creator should be answerable to the human race? Would it not be the other way around, since we are the ones who decide what kind of future we want? We are responsible for the misery in this world, because we are the caretakers of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
OneVoice should link to the website and provide a partial quote of the message so we can go there and read it, as per ATS regulations found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by masqua
Onevoice presents us all with a timely and precious message and it, in turn, produces a debate about who's God is who's God...unbelievable.

Exactly. I'm sure God would be so happy...

I actually prefer this letter from God that I received a while ago (It's on his website):

Another message from God

First of all, your religious rivalries are driving Me up a wall. Enough already! Let's get one thing straight: These are your religions, not Mine. I'm the Whole Enchilada; I'm beyond them all. Every one of your religions claims there's only one of Me (which, by the way, is absolutely true). But in the very next breath, each religion claims it's My favorite one. And each claims its bible was written personally by me, and that all the other bibles are man-made. Oh, Me. How do I even begin to put a stop to such complicated nonsense?

Okay, listen up now: I'm your Father and Mother, and I don't play favorites among My Children. Also, I hate to break it to you, but I don't write. My longhand is awful, and I've always been more of a "doer" anyway. So all your books, including the bibles, were written by men and women. They were inspired, remarkable people, but they also made mistakes here and there. I made sure of that, so that you would never trust a written word more than your own living Heart.

You see, one Human Being to me -- even a Bum on the street -- is worth more than all the holy books in the world. That's just the kind of Guy I Am. My Spirit is not an historical thing, It's alive right here, right now, as fresh as your next breath.

Holy books and religious rites are sacred and powerful, but not more so than the least of You. They were only meant to steer you in the right direction, not to keep you arguing with each other, and certainly not to keep you from trusting your own personal connection with Me.

...continued

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That message was not even from god, it was from the author of the topic, he even copyrighted it to himself.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
firefly you are unfortunatly in the wrong place to try to disscredit God.

for one yes God destroys but in all cases he destroyed because the people were killing eachother and basicaly being evil.

and sorry to say this but I highly doubt that you have read the whole bible and even if you did you obvously did not understand a word of it.

you probably diden't read any of the new testament thats an important part of the bible.

you were catholic wern't you?

new topics

top topics

join