It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very British UFO Hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Earlier this year, Channel 4 (UK TV) set a team of experts a challenge: to build and fly a UFO over the English countryside. Could a famous incident like the Roswell UFO sighting be re-created over the skies of Britain?

This program will be going out on channel 4 tuesday 07/10/03 at 10:00 pm, I didn't know weather to put this under aliens and UFO's or entertainment, But It looks like it could be quite interesting.

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
what the hell ive posted here yet i cant see past the first post... if anyone can see this u2u me...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
that was weird!!... seams other people are having trouble too...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
well i can see the previous 2 posts now....

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just to pop this to the top again for those who might not realise - this is going out tonight Tues 7th October on C4.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yes this should be an intresting Watch!!

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Is it going to be a remote UFO?

This does look really interesting, and I am definately going to watch this tonight. From seeing the advert, it looks like people were actually conned.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This event did get nationwide coverage, although the local paper here in Swindon, Wiltshire did run an article:

First published on Thursday 21 August 2003:

UFO gives village a buzz as it sweeps over stones RESIDENTS in Avebury gawped in wonder on Saturday night as a white, saucer-shaped UFO skimmed through the air over the village.

Many drinkers taking the air outside the Red Lion Inn at about 9pm stood in amazement as the object circled over the ancient Sarsen stones. Many got on their mobile phones and soon others came from Marlborough to see it.

Then, after about ten minutes, the craft turned towards Calne and flew off. David Williams, a cellarman at the Red Lion, said: "It was a wonderful sight but most people realised quite quickly it was a very clever scam.

"It was your traditional saucer shape, like two white soup plates turned upside down. At first it was thought it was a microlight in disguise but I have since heard that it was a remote controlled model plane.

"A group of people were seen standing on a line of hay bales and we now think they were controlling it.

"Everybody enjoyed it. It was very well done and I think the people responsible should be congratulated for giving us all a bit of a buzz."

Resident Richard Pearce, 21, who was at the Red Lion when the saucer appeared, said he tracked it, saw it land in a field and watched two men dismantle it and pack it into a van.

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by SimonGray]

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

For anyone interested here is the first post on this topic when it broke...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thanks William for the history post -very interesting just how people interpret something - and just how it reads when the truth is broadcast.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
intresting link...
I wonder how many ufo sightings are man made...
Do you think that the gov sometimes do this, so people will stop looking for the answers......

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Asala -

I would doubt they would go to the trouble these guys did - however there was some remarkable disinformation thrown to light in the programme - anyone notice that by the time the film was shown in Mexico its A1 clarity had degraded a huge ammount ?.

Secondly in the segment on previous shots there were mixes of unexplained and explained footage (the Phoenix Lights example run after the Buckinghampshire footage).

Ironically I watched this after seeing the "Meeting the Aliens" Discovery show - and its very real discussion of the implications of Alien life revelations on the worlds reigions.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It was an excellent programme. It covered everything from the planning, building, flying (they got the World Champion Model Aircraft winner to fly it) and the aftermath.
It was reported as far afield as Australia and Mexico.

What was interesting was to see the witness reports. Although the craft was only a few metres across, some people stated that it could have been as much as 100 metres in diameter and others reported lights and objects protruding from it that weren't there. It goes to show just how unreliable people are when recounting UFO sightings.

Hopefully this programme will be aired internationally.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
however there was some remarkable disinformation thrown to light in the programme - anyone notice that by the time the film was shown in Mexico its A1 clarity had degraded a huge ammount ?.

That's because there was two lots of footage.
The programme makers obviously shot with clarity but the footage that was seen around the world was taken by an amateur video cameraman who was passing by.
It was his footage that was released and not the professional camerawork.

The whole point was to see how people would react.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Interesting point - however none of the footage shown aside from the Mexican segment was that poor. It was obvious that Sky shared its footage with the Aussie channel (even the link was the same). But of all that shown the Mexico footage matched Skys and the ITV footage - just a hell of a lot grainier.

I would love to have seen the whole mexican programme - after all this is the country that showed a UFO pass behind a tower block - but not be visible through its empty floor windows. Dont have a link but this was shown on the Sightings show a while back.

top topics

join