It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Charity Poker Tournament >> Help support the upgrades and have some fun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Tired of clicking on Google ads?
Like the new upgrades?
Want to send William on vacation?
Like to play poker?

This tournament is for YOU!!

The rules are simple. The buy-in would be small, say $20. Winner takes all and then contributes some percentage of the pot to the ATS coffers. Say 33%?

I've played the free money tables at PartyPoker.com after watching another site sponsor a tournament for their users. I recently made a small deposit and started playing the real tables with a friend in another state. The same can work here for ATS. This could be a lot of fun. Who wouldn't want to watch the Colonel take TC's money?

www2.partypoker.com...

How about it? How many card sharks are lurking on ATS?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
#, if I had the money and the means, I'd be in like a shot, it sounds like a fantastic idea.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If I had the money,and was good at poker I'd do it but I just can't right now.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Kukla.

Have you cleared this with a senior member of staff preferably Admin?

If you haven't then I think you should.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I did send a u2u to William with the idea and asked him if it would be alright to at least post the idea. Please remove if inappropriate. Just thought it would be fun.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
there might be some legal issues with funding ATS through gambling (and other means, such as drug dealing). Esp. since it's a British site, not American.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There may be some legal issues, I'm not sure. But to compare it to drug dealing..? Internet gambling is legal in both the U.S. and the U.K.

Like I said, if inappropriate, please remove.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The way I read it, this is a fundraising effort not a gambling effort.

But it would be easier as a fundraising effort if people donated their $20 poker stakes direct to ATS and played poker for the fun of it.

I hope kukla isn't down on his luck at the moment and in need of a quick windfall to keep the wolves from the door...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I know this thread is really old (but hey, you can get 30 points for adding a tag)
- but I think this would be really cool, and I just wanted to know if this was ever looked into seriously, or just forgot about, or what?

Admins? Can this be done?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Closing thread as I don't believe gambling associated with ATS is a good idea.

top topics

join