It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New British Anti-terror bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
British parliament just passed that new anti terror bill which prevents glorification of terrorist acts. The details of the bill are a little sketchy. Assuming that glorification is now against the law what impact does that have in Northern Ireland with paramilitary groups, or even I will boldly suggest to go as far as the Orange Order marches. Surely the British government is going a little over the top and can this new bill impact freedom of speech?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Absolutely - it's OTT. Not passed yet, needs to go back to the Lords and will probably be rejected again.

If it is passed into law Nelson Mandela House/Square etc is going to have to be renamed and statues to William Wallace etc will have to be demolished.

Word is it's a smokescreen for a bill going through that will allow the Govt to change the law by order ie bypassing the parliamentary process. When I can fink a link to this 'reform' bill I'll post it

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagenx
British parliament just passed that new anti terror bill which prevents glorification of terrorist acts. The details of the bill are a little sketchy. Assuming that glorification is now against the law what impact does that have in Northern Ireland with paramilitary groups, or even I will boldly suggest to go as far as the Orange Order marches. Surely the British government is going a little over the top and can this new bill impact freedom of speech?
Do you have a link to this? I would like to read more about it before I comment but this seems to be similar to laws in other nations prohibting hate mongoring.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here 'tis

news.bbc.co.uk...

But as I said it's not law yet - and may not get through

top topics

join