It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney ordeal blown outta porportion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That's right - politicians make mistakes. Yes, two DUIs might suggest some sort of drinking problem, or perhapse a disregard for that particular law, but a lot of politicians have also done a lot worse. Afterall, they are politicians. I've seen people get DUIs simply because they were drinking and decided to attempt driving to their house which is about a mile or two away. They speed a little, it's late, they get pulled over, and the cop gives them a DUI for being under the influence. Yes, it's wrong, but I really don't feel that it detracts too much from his character. Does anybody know how long ago these were, or the circumstances under which they took place?

I get a little sick of hearing "Why was this covered up?" and other dribble of the sort. When your friend gets shot with a bird shot, is the first that that pops into your mind "Ooooh I better go report this so that everyone can talk about it RIGHT AWAY!" No, most likely you're going to want to get your friend to a hospital, and get things straightened out with yourself. Didn't this happen later in the evening as well? Can you imagine accidentally shooting your friend like that, then immediately calling up the news stations telling them you've got a story? "My friend's been shot! Get some reporters down here, STAT!"

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
When your friend gets shot with a bird shot, is the first that that pops into your mind ... "My friend's been shot! Get some reporters down here, STAT!"

A. This is not just 'somebody's friend'. If Barbara Striesand accidently hit a pedestrian and put them in the hospital, and it wasn't reported for 24 hours, I think you'd be singing an ENTIRELY different tune!

B. Texas law states that the hospital report gunshot wounds IMMEDIATELY. This wasn't done. Why? You think they just forgot?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Please, give me a good reason to not report it until the next day?

Don't get me wrong, DTOM, I am of the opinion that ALL politicians
lie and spin and lie and spin.

If it's the police that didn't get reported to, then either someone screwed
up in not reporting it on purpose, or because the ATF, Secret Service, and probably the FBI were involved as well, wanna' bet they were all turf fighting and not reporting to the locals?

Now, that is what I want to know. I couldn't care ANY less if the media or I EVER herd about this accident...really....ever. Damn the MSM and their 24/7 mantra!

But, the authorities...that's a different story, and I suspect the Fed, ie Secret Service involvement made sure the locals were left out. Therefore, no local cops leaked it to local media; or, no assigned reporter caught the news on the police band radio.

~~~~~~~~~~~
This accident is getting too much attention. I have to wonder if it's a diversion. Or if that is the way everyone on the opposite side of any administration works. :shk: :shk:

[edit on 19-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
This accident is getting too much attention.
I have to wonder if it's a diversion.

MY opinion is that the only reason it's getting all this
attention is because the White House press got it's
feathers ruffled that they weren't the first ones to
find out. They got 'scooped' by a nothing news
media out of Texas and their egos were bruised.

And I think the fed authorities who got involved left
the locals out of it ... not just because they wanted
to cover up, but because that's what feds do ... they
forget (can't be bothered with) the local law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
A. This is not just 'somebody's friend'. If Barbara Striesand accidently hit a pedestrian and put them in the hospital, and it wasn't reported for 24 hours, I think you'd be singing an ENTIRELY different tune!

Well, hitting some random person with a car is a little bit different. Still, if it was late in the afternoon, and it got reported the very next day, I wouldn't condemn her. This was Cheney's friend. Think about if this kind of thing happened to your friend. Would you immediately alert the news outlets?

Now the police, yeah, that's a different story.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What I don't get is a Liberal president doesn't do anything criminal and it is reported for over 200 days on CNN while a Conservative VP tries to kill a 78 year old man and the republicans are outraged by it.

Clinton gets a BJ= 200+ days of coverage and call for rounding up all liberals and gassing them.

Cheney shoots someone in the Don't cover this! it isn't news! Kill anyone who reports this!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Liberal president doesn't do anything criminal

Perjury is a crime. A president putting himself in
a blackmailable position is stupid. So he was a
stupid criminal. (Lots of politicians are)

a Conservative VP tries to kill ...

A hunting accident with birdshot isn't 'intent to kill'.
If Cheney wanted him dead, he would have used
a gun with bigger rounds, or more likely, he would
have hired someone to hit him.

... call for rounding up all liberals and gassing them.
... Kill anyone who reports this!!!!

oh for Pete's sake ... more exaggeration.
More lies. Get a grip ... or just go away.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Cheney shoots someone in the Don't cover this! it isn't news! Kill anyone who reports this!!!!

I think this 'official story' has as many holes as Whittington.

Interesting Read

The truth of the matter is that the hospital in Kingsville is some twenty miles from the Armstrong Ranch. It is more a twenty-minute drive than a one hour and 20 minute drive.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
www.capitolhillblue.com...

A written report from Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago says Cheney was "clearly inebriated" at the time of the shooting.
Agents observed several members of the hunting party, including the Vice President, consuming alcohol before and during the hunting expedition, the report notes, and Cheney exhibited "visible signs" of impairment, including slurred speech and erratic actions, the report said.

According to those who have read the report and talked with others present at the outing, Cheney was drunk when he gunned down his friend and the day-and-a-half delay in allowing Texas law enforcement officials on the ranch where the shooting occurred gave all members of the hunting party time to sober up.

This may explain a few things.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sorry dg ... that's Capital Hill Blue.
Notorious radical left wing rag that
usually gets everything wrong.

If you can find it from another source
that is reliable .... then you've got
a smoking gun and a great find.

But Capital Hill Blue is to the radical left what
World Nut Daily is to the radical right. Maybe
even worse.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Flyers, first let me say i respect you, the way you explained yourself without putting me down.

Perhaps you are right. But who else would carry the story? Prison Planet?
Rense.com? Whatreallyhappened.com??? You see, very often the smoking gun is found in these websites.

Understand that no one else in the "accepted" and credible media would touch this with a 10 foot pole.

But i will take your advise into consideration. I'll be l00king!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
But who else would carry the story?

I hear ya'. Sometimes World Net Daily has 'it' before
others and sometimes they report facts that others
can't or won't. But most of the time they 'report'
spin and junk. Same with Capital Hill Blue. They
may have 'it' ... but because most of the time what
they 'report' is junk, then if they actually do get
ahold of something then no one will believe them.

Capital Hill Blue has been nailed for not naming 'sources'
and for claiming to have had papers/paperwork but
that it got lost or destroyed. They do it all the time and
recently came out saying they wouldn't do it anymore,
however, they did it again with this article. Also, the
author makes a big deal about the doctor not telling
the reporter about if the injured
man had a blood alcohol test .. like it's a coverup.
The truth of the matter is that doctors NEVER tell
medical information ... it's patient/doctor privacy.

I hear ya' on the 'who else would report it' ... really I do.
I'll keep an eye out as well.

(but I think the Arabs taking over American ports is
THE story and the Cheney thing is about to disappear)

[edit on 2/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join