It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Pakistani Imam Offers $1MM Bounty for Assassination of Danish Cartoonists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
MMP

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Why are you all not able to accept the fact that mainstream Islam has become this fanatical?

I suppose everyone that lives in the south and mid-west of the United States is a KKK redneck nazi racist hell bent on white power, right? All blacks that live in major US cities are gang bangers, right?

Why are you not able to accept that a minority can receive a majority of the attention?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Can someone post the cartoons? I would like to see them and Im sure others do as well. No sense hiding them. How about posting them in WATS?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
Can someone post the cartoons? I would like to see them and Im sure others do as well. No sense hiding them. How about posting them in WATS?

There are several links on PTS sites and BTS that link to the cartoons and also some of them have been posted on the BTS too.
I would suggest you look thme up there. Or you can just go here:
www.humaneventsonline.com...

IAF

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is a good one, reactionary provocateurs, eh?

If there are wars worth fighting for freedom and democracy, this I would have to say is one. Freedom of Speech, dudes and dudettes.

And does that really make the provacateur a coward?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

A Pakistani Muslim cleric and his followers offered rewards amounting to over $1 million for anyone who killed Danish cartoonists who drew caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad that have enraged Muslims worldwide.

It comes even worser:

An Indian official is offering $10.4 million to anyone who beheads one of the Danish cartoonists behind the Prophet Mohammed caricatures.

Yaqoob Qureshi, minister of minority welfare in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, made the offer during a rally in Meerut, northeast of New Delhi. Protesters then burnt an effigy of a cartoonist and some Danish flags

UPI

and if you think India is doing something against this, you are wrong:

The Times of India: No legal action against Yaqoob

Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav may be upset with his minister announcing a Rs 51 crore bounty for the head of a Danish cartoonist, but his government says it will not take any legal action against Haji Yaqoob Qureshi's call for murder.

* Tagged ATS related threads

[edit on 20-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Im honestly going to make up some custom shirts with these Cartoons on them. If not these cartoons, I will depict "Ahalla" or how ever you spell it in some other way relating to this story.

Normally I would never intentionally offend or upset anyone, let alone a group of people, however this situation has gone far beyond being normal.
I completely agree with what HumptyDumpty has said here, and would be willing to do the same.

Any god or prophet that would condone such extraordinary violence and abuse really just isn't worth being worshiped.

Now christians are paying for the cartoons

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If all the rioters would stop being such tools for the CIA... they might realize that they are doing exactly what the two power players want...

for all the moderates to be drawn into the fight... but on which side...

that much depends on us...

Do we hold all muslims at fault? if so, then we have already lost this war...
If we keep our line of distinction of extremist, and moderate...
hate the haters... but tolerate and respect the rest...
then we can overcome this and win the war, before it starts...

But truly... this kind of action makes it much easier to swing moderates to the extreme, by our hate, rather than the extremists love...

Dont let your blind hate lose this war of ideals.
respect for islam... but not for extremists...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
While I would be absolutely mortified and likely hire some massive bodyguards for myself were I in their position, I don't think the Danish government will allow anything to happen to these threatened cartoonists. Neither, I believe, will the Pakistani government officially approve any action against them.

I can actually see a large war in Europe coming to fruition in the event of their assassination, if not a full-blown world war. If this whole problem is dealt with, I can see bloodshed in the future.

Scary stuff.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by iceofspades]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here they go taking a play right from the hate-mongers in the US. Remember 'freedom fries' when the French were so unpopular because they wouldn't get onboard with the invasion of Iraq?

Iran Renames Danish Pastries

Iranians love Danish pastries, but when they look for the flaky dessert at the bakery they now have to ask for "Roses of the Prophet Muhammad."

Bakeries across the capital were covering up their ads for Danish pastries Thursday after the confectioners' union ordered the name change in retaliation for caricatures of the Muslim prophet published in a Danish newspaper.

"Given the insults by Danish newspapers against the prophet, as of now the name of Danish pastries will give way to 'Rose of Muhammad' pastries," the union said in its order.

"This is a punishment for those who started misusing freedom of expression to insult the sanctities of Islam," said Ahmad Mahmoudi, a cake shop owner in northern Tehran.

Iran's Danish renaming wasn't the first time a food name has become a symbol of protest. A Republican congressman from North Carolina helped lead an effort to make sure Capitol Hill cafeterias changed their menus to advertise "freedom fries" instead of french fries after France opposed the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

So 'misusing freedom of expression' will be punished by eliminating the name Danish.

For anyone who ever used the word 'Freedom' for 'French', this should be acceptable. And I can think of a few gasbags who did. Wonder how they will ridicule the Irani's doing this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join