It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Humans love of conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hey

This isnt just a 9/11 post but it has a lot to do with it

basically i believe that human beings brains actually find it easier to believe they are being lied to than believe the truth. look at what we watch on TV and at the cinemas films like the matrix and roswell love to latch onto our hopes that there is something else.
In a similar way the church hundreds of years ago gave something for people to latch onto a way to believe there was more than what they could see and touch and this is how conspiracy theorists think today its not a case of they dont believe its a case of they want to believe there is more to a story.

As for 9/11 i believe that the planes hit the buildings deliberatly and brought them down, i also do not believe this is a conspiracy, why is there any need for it to be. If bush wanted to hit iraq or afghanistan he could make up anything he wanted ie: the famous unfindable WMD's

on 7/7 when the bombs blew up in london members of my family were there one of my uncles was maintaining underground tunnels 2 minutes from where one of the bombs went off, i have heard people say this attack was planned by tony blair to give reason for our continuing presence in iraq, however this is not the case many people have lost support for him because he invaded iraq and invited this attack on us.

There are thousands of great theorys about 9/11, roswell, the titanic but i believe most of them are simply our brains trying to find meaning in something that is often meaningless and difficult to justify. I read the threads on this site and despite the fact i believe that 9/11 was exactly what they say it was i even find myself begining to question my own beliefs.

I AM NOT trying to say that my view point is correct however i just think before people start what is not a discussion of facts but simply and argument between views about one of the many theorys on this site you should think what do i really believe forget all the theorys and ideas and look at COLD HARD FACTS! what you saw not what you read or what some guy told you on a forum what you saw and what you know

anyway rant over
tom

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'll tell you what's hard to believe: that the government who's supposed to care for and protect its citizens could do something so treasonous! A lot of people still can't face the facts of what REALLY happened. It's much easier being impressionable, gullible, sheeple.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yep, Man has long loved a good 'conspiracy,' enough to even make them up when need be. Read pages 12-13 of this .pdf file

It is a file that deals with "The Folklore of Populism."
I found it rather interesting.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Humans like to think that greater things are afoot simply because we are constantly trapped, by and large, in a perpetual cycle of the menial and mundane. Entertaining (far fetched?) notions of conspiracies is an excellent method to keep ourselves busy and speculative about the world that surrounds us.

That said, of course man loves conspiracies -- they are interesting, they are captivating, and they help us understand things that may seem a bit 'off.' Plus, a good dose of examination and questioning is good for all.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think I'd rather believe facts than the media.

Although I am a pretty big conspiracy person, I don't believe EVERY conspiracy unless there's hard evidence.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Trying to make sense of something, I'ld venture. My mother had stories with facts (like conspiracies in a way) about each of her children which helped in her mind to explain us. I learned later from an older sibling that none of the stories were true.

top topics

join