It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High pitched Xbox-livers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Now this isn't aimed at anyone on ATS, but I need to get it off my chest.

As many of my fellow British Xbox live users already probably know, the thing that ruins everyones day is,

A high pitched American kid, screaming abuse.

I get this every, bloody, day!

My Gamertag is Zanzibar UK and as soon as they see the UK, they start literally screaming down the headset saying that all Brits are 'faggits' and 'homos' They also say much worse as well.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why they hate us so much?

Another rant, me and a couple of mates formed an all British clan. Nothing wrong with that is there? Apparantly so, I was called a racist by some American kids that wanted to join, but I wouldn't let them and they reported ME for swearing! I got a warning from Bungie and everything!

What's the worse thing though is how they think after all this screaming abuse and swearing, they shut up when I shout back.

Please, if anyone else wants to add, please, please do!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its not so mucht that they hate you or the UK as they are just stupid, its a plague that cannot be escaped in online gaming. Its just the nature of the beast when you get so many wet-behind-the-ears gamers out there who have mommy and daddy pay for everything, their spoiled brat personalities carry over onto the games. I see it every day in the chat on WoW, people talking crap just to see the text on the screen. My adivce is just to ignore the wankers completely, if they pester you about letting in non-brit people explain that it makes organization too difficult (side note: how the heck is it racist to be selective of clan members based on country, countrys arent made up of single races unless your looking at it from a human level and not color-wise).

As for the Brits-only clan its not racist at all, its sensible if you want to orchestrate any kind of large-scale even. I used to coordinate between the US, Canada and the UK for an MMO guild and it was a pain to get everyone on the same page thanks to different time zones and all that.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I normally mute them, but there's so many of the buggers it's nigh on impossible!

I guess I'm never going to be able to escape!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
LOL! I laughed so hard at the title of this thread.

I agree though, they do my bloody nut in! :bnghd: It's the same on America's Army too, except they can't say anything, they have to type it. It's becoming very, very annoying... I guess they're just jealous of our gaming talents.

In future, I recommend only responding to them through the actual game. For example, if you're playing Halo, give them a good killing.
Works a treat and REALLY winds them up, then you can celebrate with a big, monstrous laughing session.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've encountered my fair share of high pitched annoying british kids. One time I was playign with my buddy and this like 10 year old kid from texas got matched to play with us well the kid was making me angry so I started not screaming just telling him that kids from texas are idiots. Well I continue for like 5-10 mintues with different things out of boredom and being annoyed and he starts crying. Well now that is a story I tell when me and my buddy need a laugh haha. I'm now known as the kid who makes texans cry haha

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
...and you feel big for making a ten year old cry? :shk:

Shocking.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
They should have a server for certain countries. That would be sweet.

Playing Dead or Alive 4 with high pitched Yanks is impossible!

top topics

join