It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Proof of aliens' goes on show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well there we go proof!!! on the bbc news website.. ****SHOCK*****

A series of images of flying saucers which are claimed to be proof of alien life are to be shown at the National Space Centre.
Hundreds of the objects were captured on film by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (Soho), a spacecraft 1,000,000 miles from Earth observing the sun.

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Stevy]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I guess "Proof" is a more loosley based term these days.
Statements like "UFO enthusiasts say this is a spaceship" amount to what? Putting on a show by enthusiasts validates what? Ever seen a Elvis convention?.... Elvis lives.

Now if some objective science organization comes forward with a public showing of "evidence", then there might be some merrit.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
I guess "Proof" is a more loosley based term these days.
Statements like "UFO enthusiasts say this is a spaceship" amount to what? Putting on a show by enthusiasts validates what? Ever seen a Elvis convention?.... Elvis lives.

Now if some objective science organization comes forward with a public showing of "evidence", then there might be some merrit.

well the term *proof* is the tittle that the bbc have givein to there story...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm amazed that pics are now proof.

I suppose this also means that Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster, and the Kids from South Park are all real things. I've seen pictures!!!

Evidence is not proof. Especially sketchy unclear evidence open to interpretation.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The last pic in the second bbc link looks alot like this pic to me

www.nasa.gov...

boldy going where no man has gone before........

8th

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Nice thread, minus the jackass coments that do nothing to help it

If the pictures are authentic, they're pretty interesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ahh yes....yet one more angry zealot on the ignore list. buh-by

EDIT
OK I get Dinked points for my one line response. I just hope the forum mods dink inflamatory responses+one line response.

What is "evidence" and what is "proof"? Being objective about the former is how we can properly come to the later. My experience is that enthusiast is less far less likely to be objective.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by nullster]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Nice thread, minus the jackass coments that do nothing to help it

now now i thought this was a nice forum, where opinions could be shared. Rather then calling names perhaps you should direct your attention to the fact nasa is hosting the pic of the enterprise ( seemed odd to me but hey could be some sort of exhibit or something )

now as far as this exhibit is concerned it offers no proof that i can see that hasnt been offered before. Photos of things out in the galaxy that look like ufos dont surprise me .......

here is one with jesus's face in it

www.geocities.com...

this one looks like a space war movie i saw on scifi.....

www.astro.princeton.edu...

perhaps this is where fire fox got the idea for its logo...

moloko.itc.it...

just go here and see for yourself how many things you can find

images.google.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thnaks for them pics minniescar.. And guess what i said when i seen the jesus 1??

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
I'm amazed that pics are now proof.

I suppose this also means that Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster, and the Kids from South Park are all real things. I've seen pictures!!!

Evidence is not proof. Especially sketchy unclear evidence open to interpretation.

Wait a min... I just give the bbc a quick call and tell them your not happy with there 'PROOF' lol just kiddin

but i know what your saying... we have been seeing pics for years and nothing has come of them. What makes these pics proof. Right?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think NASA has gotten tired of getting calls about this every day from random numbers of people who see this and get excited over it.

SOHO has a page explaining the camera faults and hot pixels and how someone (enhancing the images with photoshop) can create all sorts of things that aren't there.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

I tend to believe NASA. The idea that aliens would run all across the Galaxy with their Magic Cloaking Device on and then leave it off for a few seconds as they get near the sun is kind of silly.

The source is a Spanish businessman with a "satellite dish" in his yard. Not an amateur astronomer, and not someone with equipment that's doing an independant study of what SOHO is seeing. It's from someone who's getting his pictures off the Internet and isn't confirming them with other images from the other telescopes around the world that are ALSO looking at the sun.

Think about it: If it's visible suddenly and SOHO sees it, then the other solar observatories will also take pictures of it at exactly the same time. If simultaneous pictures from several observatories show that there's nothing there and ONE observatory shows something unusual... what are the odds that it's equipment problems? Remember that they all have the exact same view of the sun ... we're so far away from the Sun that what an observatory in Oslo on the sun is exactly what an observatory in Perth sees.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Take a look at every one that shows a "disc" as they say. Use a photoshop type program that allows you to put a grid over, or guidelines.

What do you notice about the pitch of the "craft"? Therein lies your answer. People have sent me these shots for quite awhile now...and theyre all the same.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I find this picture quite interesting. Pretty much the same as those posted by the BBC, but there appears to be some sort of "beam" between the sun and the "ufo".

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The articles are from 2002 and 2003. Nothing new.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Although those are very interesting and very asthetically pleasing pictures, and as much as I would like to see definitive proof, the line ends at evidence and asthetics, IMO.
As a side note/thought, has anyone thought about the distance of these craft from SOHO observatory? It would be interesting to see what the scale of these "craft".

top topics

join