It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$592 Million US Embassy In Baghdad Under Construction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Oh, so that 1.1 Trillion dollars that just "dissapeared" was stolen by terrorists? It goes taxpayer, republicans, Pentagon, Haliburton.... then just poofs away. Wonder how many of the CEOs got new cars and mansions.

i admit...I'm not very well informed on the whole Halibrton subject. but from what I understand, the Iraq invasion couldn't of happened without them...but they were sloppy and lost equiptment, and overcharged for fuel...that about cover it?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Not quite...

Halliburton's subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root (previous incarnations of which go way back in Texas politics, even contributing mightily to LBJ's career) won no-bid contracts to provide infrastructure for US troops all over the world, notably Afghanistan and Iraq. Halliburton themselves not only overcharged for gas, but also massively for providing meals to US troops. Again, a no-bid contract.

Meanwhile, Dick Cheney has a hand in the awarding of these contracts and is still being paid a 'retainer' by Halliburton. I suspect his real reward will come when he leaves office and goes back through the revolving door. "Free market" wisdom has it that outsourcing is the way to get massive savings: this, however, is rhetoric from corporate shills and the reality is that the taxpayer gets royally ripped off to line CEOs' pockets.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Halliburton also had no-bid contracts in the Balkans thru the 90's as well. Basically been doin' that stuff since at least the 60's.

<< 1   >>

join