It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Menzies Campbell, Simon Huges, Chris Huhne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
As we are all aware, the liberal democrat leadership elections are coming up. i was wondering who you thought would
a) be the best for the lib dems
b) best for country.

For those who dont know we have...

1. Sir Menzies Campbell: (pronounced 'Ming') A bit about him

2. Simon Hughes Simon Huges website

3. Chris Huhne Chris Huhne website.. yes he look smug

I myself only vote for the libdems in local elections as I think they are the better local party. Though I have quite a bit of interest in these elections. I have seen all the candidates in various debates, but have been most impressed by far by Chris Huhne. Take a bit of time to look at the websites... they are quite funny.

What are your thoughts... Am I going against the PTS grain by expressing an interest in the Lib Dems?

Dan

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
As a member I get to vote.

And I already have for Menzies Campbell.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Looks like Ming is the best bet. I dislike the other two greatly. They seem very David Brentish for want of a better expression.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I am not so impressed by Ming. He is definitley starting to show his age and his performances in parliament are shaky and no where near the standard they need to be. TB has eaten him for breakfast on numerous occassions even when he hasnt set him self up for a HUGE own goal.

I feel the Lib Dems need someone that will revitalise the party after the recent scandals, Cameron has put a spring in the Tory step, its time for someone to step up to the Lib Dem mantle. Though its worth noting that I dont think any of the current candiadtes are a credible match for Blair, Brown or Cameron for that matter.

Dan

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yeah, but who? I'm not surprised Kennedy drank! He was surrounded by non-entities who didn't have half of his charisma. And once those non-entities stabbed him in the back, they crumbled under inspection by the British public. Ming may be the oldest person, but he's far more suitable then the rest of them. He didn't want to fling his hat in until he saw the competition. He might as well lead them until someone else comes along.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I take your point, but from what I have seen I am very impressed with both Simon Hughes and Chris Huhne (Huhne in particular, due to a very convincing appearance on Question Time). They are very articulate and their view points on major issues, such as Iraq are very insightful.

They all need a higher profile though...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Aye. The two are getting ignored while Ming is getting loads of press because his name could be shortened, like the Blairites. Do you think they'll get called the Mingers if Ming gets voted in?

top topics

join