It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

india,russia n china military alliance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distortion

Originally posted by unsolved2490

Originally posted by 2smart2curious
With US being the only superpower in the world.What are the prospects of a new military alliance between India, Russia n China,n can they take on the US

Hmm.....We lost to many in the Iraq war so why would you guys want

war?...US is strong...but China's military is a lot......and where did you get

the information that US is the superpower??? who knows who would win..

against China itself......

Unsolved, what myself and ludaChris are advocating is that technological superiority is a far more important variable in calculating a nations strength.

For the Iraq issue, we (the U.S. + some British) literally won an entire country over with less than 400 casualties.

2003 Iraq had an army assembled out of whatever was left from the Gulf War. Their best weapons, such as cruise missiles like Scuds or Silkworms, were mostly dismantled before the invasion because that's what the US commanded them to do or face invasion (what irony
). The Iraqi airforce were ordered to not even take to the air, but rather to bury their jets.

On top of this, most American operations were carried out at night because they knew that the Iraqi forces did not have a sufficient night vision capability (or barely any night fighting capabilities at all).

Oh, and there were the massive psychological operations conducted by the US forces which pretty much demoralized the entire Iraqi military and political structure. It got to the point that Saddam ordered the republican guard to dissipate into the population and incite guerella warfare post-invasion.

China is nothing like Iraq. Not only do they have numbers, they also have damn good technology and a strong will to fight. Can you imagine the US dropping leaflets into China, asking their soldiers to abandon the fight or die like they did in Iraq? Or do you think China would not retaliate if the US unleashed vollies of missiles and strategic bombing campaigns like in Iraq, to which Iraq had no retaliatory capability?

The fact is that China is a solid country. It has no chance of falling apart, and thus, the Chinese people will fight hard to protect it in any situation.

As for the opening post, I think the question is pretty amateur. I seriously doubt any three of these countries will unite in some military alliance. However, I do not seriously believe that China or Russia needs allies in defending against the US.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join