It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, Help explain my dreams!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ok, since I was little (like most of you as well, Im sure) I have always had dreams that I could fly.

However, lately, I have been having a VERY powerful series of dreams whereby I have been exerting the force of flight from my hands as though they were some sort of rockets. They didn't look like rockets or anything, but it was a force, that I could feel coming from my hands that I could project in a direction to lift me from the ground. I couldn't stay in the air for but several minutes before coming down, the feeling would leave briefly, and come back allowing flight again.

I know, it sounds wierd.

The thing is, the dream was so vivid, when I woke up, for a short while I felt as though I could still do it. Something in my mind, wierd feelings left over from my dream that wore off the more I woke.

It's a feeling, always in the back part of my head. A warmth of sorts, almost like a tunnel into my mind that during sleep, where all is possible, my mind unlocks these doors to abilities I dont have in my concsious state.

Might any of you have any ideas as to what the dreams may mean, if anything? Or help explain the feeling in my head even after I wake?

I'm very curious...

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh groovy , I love dream interpretation it's a big hobby of mine.

well this is what my dream encyclopedia says about flying in dreams

"Flying dreams fall under a category of dreams where you become aware that you are dreaming, known as lucid dreaming. Many dreamers have described the ability to fly in their dreams as an exhilarating, joyful, and liberating experience.

Flying with ease and looking down toward the landscape below, suggests that you are on top of a situation or that you have risen above something. It may also mean that you have gained a different perspective on things. Flying dreams and the ability to control your flight is representative of your own personal sense of power.

Having difficulties staying in flight signifies your lack of power in controlling your own circumstances. You may be struggling to stay aloft and stay on course. Power lines, trees, or mountains are obstructions you may run into while in flight. These barriers represent a particular obstacle or person who is standing in your way in your waking life. You need to identify who or what is hindering your from moving forward."

Now given you're trying to channel the power in the dream from yourself......... and feeling it when you wake up........ I would say that there's a part of you that's hindering you from moving foreward into something you really want.

Have a look at your life and see what you can apply this to..
Does this help?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Your brain might be more "opened" up then normal ppl so to speak. Have you had any paranormal activities? Any strange occurance? Does luck or circumstance seem to be on your side? Also, it is possibly to control your dreams and do whatever you want to do with it. Although most ppl cannot for sum reasons I do not know.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wow, very insightful!

I remember a vivid dream of my flying all over and around a house while looking down at one girl carrying a red balloon....

Odd, I know.

As for the interpretation...you may have hit the nail directly on the head.

I am a music manager, and I manage a band that is preparing to release a new album. I am expecting it to be a big one. At the same time, I am aiding in the development of a new entertainment magazine. As I move forward, I am seeing new levels of accomplishment, however, both still have much room to grow and the pressure of both their fruition depends on me. I feel I am on top of it, it's just a matter of time, however, I do feel as though anything could happen hindering my ability to push either over the top.

Typically, I can control my dreams. Most of my dreams, (when I am conscious of them) are very adventursome.

I am and have been entreprenuerial since I was a wee bastage, growing up building robots and trying to be the the kid always doing extreme things. I think this is why I have some of the dreams I do..

In any case, this has been a big help!

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
glad to be of service

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
hold the keys to the existence of reality...
yet reality also holds the keys to your dreams...
please remember that...
also...

certain drugs enhance ones abilities in the dream state...

for starters co-co has the effect of allowing ones mind to "soar"...
be carefull with using placebos to enhance your dream states though...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Those were great interpretations from mullberry. And most likely accurate

But whenever I try to give meanings to others' dreams I do it on a more personal level, basically tell you what I feel about your dream so take it with a grain of salt

Dreaming of flying is *usually* lucid, therefore it is "more" then an actual dream. Some people go even further then that and fly during OBE's. So it does pertain to your physical life, but I believe it more so pertains to your spiritual being. Flying is obviously one of the most powerful things to feel, but we don't possess that power in physical form, fortunately some are granted that power/feeling within dreams...and you are one of the lucky souls.

Now, I don't know where you are as far as your spirituality but I would bet that these dreams pertain to it. Also, it is known that seeing your hands and even feeling them, is an awakening of deep inner spiritual growth (just found this out through research) It is extremely rare that people dream of flying, but even more rare when someone sees or feels their hands. Hands are very powerful tools, look at all they are capable of..even if we lost our voice we could still speak with our hands.

Perhaps this dream is one of those dreams with more meaning then anyone can interpret other then yourself. You have had this dream for many years but now it has moved into a much deeper level..it has spoken to you from childhood and continues today. Maybe it is something as small as a reminder not to forget your inner being whilst you are devoting alot of time and energy on your physical/material self?

If you meditate or even if you don't, If I were you, I would take some time out of your busy nights/days and meditate while focusing on this dream/vision (as dear Toltec has bestowed in me) and I can almost bet that you will find the true meaning/power of it while doing this...I feel your spirit is calling out to you and it's up to you to listen..

Apologies for writing this much yet shedding little light. Something this deep is just difficult to discuss without going overboard. Good luck with your future endeavors

Magestica

top topics

join