It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stars, planets and prophocies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Can someone please give me a link or tell me how planets and stars give people ideas about the future?? I mean how do other planets and stars have to do with anything thats happening here on Earth, it doesn't make any sense to me

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
noobius0ne, you are looking to learn about Astrology?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Start at astrology.com and maybe they can steer you in the right direction.

I was going to give you a link to zodiac.com but when i tried it I ended up at a site for the Carlyle group that has an awesome opening sequence. I'm going to go check that site out a bit more.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So have people who use astorlogy ever been right about things?
oh yeah thank you for the links

[edit on 14-2-2006 by noobius0ne]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've known it to be right once. On the first date with a young lady I met we had made it back to my apartment and ended up very intimate. THAT alone should have been a warning, still, As we sat in the living room I checked out the horoscope in the daily paper. It said this:

"You are falling in love with one that is not meant for you. Run away, you can do allot better."

I laughed and showed her what it said. She didn't think it was funny.

It turned out to be totally on the mark though.

I've read my horoscope every day since then. Its not even come close to the accuracy of that day.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
From Dictionary.com

Astrology is The study of the positions and aspects of celestial bodies in the belief that they have an influence on the course of natural earthly occurrences and human affairs.

Astrology is associated with the Zodiac when determining a persons horoscope. The 12 signs of the Zodiac are Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpi, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. Depending on when you were born, you are classified into one of these groups, which supposedly accurately depicts your personality and can predict your future based on the current position of planets, the sun, etc.

Originally posted by noobius0ne
So have people who use astorlogy ever been right about things?

I personally don't believe in horoscopes or superstition, but that shouldn't stop you from believing. If you wanted to test it, buy tommorrow's paper but don't read the horoscopes. Go through your day as you normally would and then when its over read the horoscopes. Even then you might find some similarities as the horoscopes are generally vague so they get as many "hits" as possible. They remind me alot of John Edwards

Here are some links if you are interested in Astrology:
Astrology.com.au
Signs of the Zodiac

[edit on 14-2-2006 by The Zodiac]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
wow, maybe it was just a coincidence that happened, you did say it was never as accurate as that day so im guessing this stuff isnt legit. and thanks for the info zodiac

[edit on 14-2-2006 by noobius0ne]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Usually I find that they a generalised so much that there is bound to be something mentioned that seems to correspond to your experiences, but when you want any detail, they are usually pretty useless. I always find it interesting to see how throughout each sign of the zodiac just about every number from one to ten is both lucky and unlucky depending on your star sign. I don't take much notice of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
Usually I find that they a generalised so much that there is bound to be something mentioned that seems to correspond to your experiences, but when you want any detail, they are usually pretty useless. I always find it interesting to see how throughout each sign of the zodiac just about every number from one to ten is both lucky and unlucky depending on your star sign. I don't take much notice of them.

After some research and reading the horoscopes i think your right about them with your first sentence

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Horoscopes, from what I've seen, are a complete load of crap. I do, however, believe in the zodiac signs, and that they do have influence on people's personality. Read one of those birthday books, and you'll be amazed.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
First off, let me just say I don't know much about astrology. I agree that those daily horoscopes are crap and they use broad generalizations to try to appeal to a wide group of people. However, I think there may be some truth to astrology, but real astrology (assuming it works) involves a lot more detail than the daily horoscopes take into account.

There was a (financial) astrologer named W.D. Gann (1878-1955) who used astrology, among other things to trade the markets. Here is a quote from the website wdgann.com

So accurate are Mr. Gann's techniques that in the in the presence of representatives of a major financial publication, he made 286 trades in a period of 25 market days, on both the long and short sides of the market. Of these, 264 trades were profitable! . . . In 1933 Mr. Gann made 479 trades during the year. 422 were winners and 57 were losers. The return on his capital was a staggering 4000%.

Also, I've heard that JP Morgan employed an astrologer and he was quoted as saying, "Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do." Anyway, like I said I don't know much about astrology, but there is some evidence for it I suppose.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
In France, we love astrology too, we call it astrologie. A lot of people believe in psychic reading and astrology

edit on 10-4-2015 by secretpsychic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: secretpsychic

I like it too, why not, right? It is fun to play with. And the picture behind it is pretty, we are all part of the universe and even distant lights in the nightsky have an efect on our tiny lifes.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: noobius0ne
Can someone please give me a link or tell me how planets and stars give people ideas about the future?? I mean how do other planets and stars have to do with anything thats happening here on Earth, it doesn't make any sense to me

look at this links info.
www.cnet.com...=YHF65cbda0

our own moon and local Star (aka: Sun) will interface with the population of the USA in late 2017...

I might suggest that the closest to TOTALITY will be very close to the Mississippi River System and not so far from the Earthquake Zone called the New Madrid Fault.... I predict that rumors will arise between now & 2017 of how Disaster LOOMS on that eclipse day (which will technically have two nights in a 24 hour period)

you have just been given one example of Stars/Planets interfacing with human behavior-destiny-prophecy-fates
edit on th30142866289110482015 by St Udio because: 2 much typo going on

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Every Monday, I ask my astrology to a professionnal and I can tell you that it's very important to motivate me for a new week. I really think that it's true and that the psychologic effect is positive. I'm particularly interested in Voyance Amour as we call it in French, that's to say the love astrology.

top topics

join