It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Wikipedia is Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just wanted to let ya'll know that Wikipedia is working perfect for me now.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Their DNS server failed, according to Wikinews.

Wikipedia, the well-known free-to-edit encyclopedia, suffered a period of extended downtime as of approximately 10:00 UTC, following a failure of the primary DNS/NFS server, which caused numerous cascading failures on other servers within the Wikimedia cluster.

en.wikinews.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I dont know if this has anything to do with this topic. 2 mintues ago i went to www.wikepedia.com on IE, when the page loaded the file toolbar would constantly open not allowing me to do anything else. So i closed all of my IE windows, then the file tool bar still didnt stop. Then all of a sudden the "Standby, Shutdown, Restart" window popped up. I pressed canceal and then again the file tool bar keeped continuoesly popping up. So pretty much wiki just forced me to restart my comp.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
not to be cryptic but heh a couple wiki entries changed.... dun bother u2u'ing me asking which ones cybersleuth yourself... and hey if you didn't save pages you didn't deserve the info

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hehehe virtual freedom is just about over.
It will be just like the media, one view, one way.
Hang on all this is just the begining, first comes restrictions, this is the first simtom of the super nova of the internet.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Sites DO to go down from time to time. Hell, I've seen ATS experience technical problems.

Now step away from the computer and take a couple of deep breaths... IN... and OUT... IN.... and OUT...

Now, click your heels and repeat after me "there's no place like Wikipedia"..

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
not to be cryptic but heh a couple wiki entries changed.... dun bother u2u'ing me asking which ones cybersleuth yourself... and hey if you didn't save pages you didn't deserve the info

Trying to keep the conspiracy alive, eh?

Wikipedia articles changed? Really? How could that have happened?!

Oh, right, anyone can add to or remove info on Wikipedia. I've changed or added to a few articles myself over the past year. Several other members have done so as well. Now, today, you're going through wiki with a fine-toothed comb to see if, while they did scheduled maintenance, they also changed information. When was the last time you compared and contrasted your saved information compared to the current? Wikipedia gets updated often. That's why it's one of the best information sites out there -- people are adding to it constantly.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah, there's no conspiracy here. Wikipedia is a massive site with an incredible number of visitors daily. Problems happen. Plus there is downtime for maintainence sometimes. No conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey wasnt there recently an article around here about Wikipedia banning the CIA or the U.S. government from the page because they were changing information? i guess they decided to just hack into it anyways.hahaha

top topics

<< 1   >>

join