It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String of Major Gun Robberies In Toronto Casts Doubt on Registry (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
In the past week, three Toronto gun collectors have been the target of thieves. The most recent break-in puts the total amount of firearms stolen at 110. There are no links between the three collectors, save that they are all on the federal registry. The pro-gun lobby has leveled the accusation that the registry has been infiltrated, and police have yet to rule this possibility out.

www.pulse24.com
Peel Police say thieves broke into a Mississauga residence and made off with a large quantity of guns and ammunition a week after authorities in Durham revealed that 40 firearms were stolen from a home in Oshawa.

Police said at least 45 weapons, most of them handguns, were stolen. The victim was a registered gun collector.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Police are usually reluctant to announce information like this, and extremely reluctant to cast doubt on the billion-dollar registry. Many police chiefs have supported it, and if it has been infiltrated it would be a major embarassment.

It would mean that through the actions of an overzealous government, gun owners are being systematically targetted by criminals using information gleaned from a federal-level gun control initiative. The registry is already monstrously overbudget, and has met opposition in almost every province. However, it is my personal expectation that this will be spun against gun owners in general instead of the criminals or government that allowed this massive screw-up.

To me, once is a fluke. Twice, maybe a coincidence. But three collectors hit in one week?

DE

[EDIT] Plug to my podcast.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Related News Links:
www.pulse24.com
www.pulse24.com

[edit on 13-2-2006 by DeusEx]

new topics

join