It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing's Airborne Laser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Has anyone heard when the airborne laser will enter service?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
check out boeings web site. also boeing is putting a smaller one on a C130 for attacking ground targets

Boeing's Laser Gunship

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
From every article that I've ever read on the ABL, 2010 is the most likely date.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
IIRC they've fired the laser, and they've flown the plane, but not both together. They were putting the laser on the plane late last year I think, and were going to test fly it with it on board this year, and start shooting next year. I think that was the timetable for it.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Wasn't this already done by Val Kilmer ("Real Genius") ?

Man, this technology has been thought of so long ago...and it's only now coming into fruition...
Will this make wars less bloody, or will it bring a new term for fighting, other than war?

I'm not sure I agree with the implications this 'weapon' is capable of wielding...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You can worrey about the C-130 version if you like, the 747 version is for shooting down ballistic missiles.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travellar
You can worrey about the C-130 version if you like, the 747 version is for shooting down ballistic missiles.

the 747 version can shoot ground targets also. it's just that everyone talks about using against balistic missiles

new topics

top topics

join