It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Post Bar

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am still confused about the post bar. I know that it lengthens with the number of posts and reddens with the number of applauses, but there are some inconsistencies that I find puzzling. Some who have fewer posts than me have longer bars and sometimes my bar is longer than at other times. Does it respond to temperature changes? I have seen the subject addressed before, but I have never seen an official explanation. Is there one? Can someone provide one?

[edit on 2006/2/11 by GradyPhilpott]




posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not to interfere with your questions, as I await the response also. I wish to ask a question myself, Is their a way of knowing how many applauses you have?



posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Is their a way of knowing how many applauses you have?


I'm pretty sure the answer to that is, no. You could save your U2us, but it's probably too late for that or you wouldn't be asking.



posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
When you recieve an applause you are sent a u2u?



posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
When you recieve an applause you are sent a u2u?


Yes.



posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Some who have fewer posts than me have longer bars


Do you have an example of a person?

Never mind. There's one - Umbrax has fewer posts, longer bar... Wait, his bar isn't longer, it's because you have a black background!

But you know, Grady, size doesn't really matter...



and sometimes my bar is longer than at other times. Does it respond to temperature changes?


I don't think your bar length should change. Are you absolutely sure about this?



[edit on 11-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]



posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have been pondering this for awhile, but I haven't gathered any evidence, because, frankly, it's not that important, but since I decided to ask the question, I will get some screenshots. I am not crazy!

[edit on 2006/2/11 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You know, now that I look at it, I think maybe what I'm seeing is an optical illusion caused by my background color and the relative position of my own post bar and those of others that have the "ignore" and "way above" buttons below. I used my screen capture software to measure the lines and it seems that is the case. So, maybe I am crazy.




posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You know, now that I look at it, I think maybe what I'm seeing is an optical illusion caused by my background color



Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Wait, his bar isn't longer, it's because you have a black background!


You don't say!

How do I find out if I'm on someone's 'Ignore' list?



posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   


I see a WATS vote coming for BH.

I know I have the same problem, where my bar is bigger and smaller at other times. I can honestly say I have never compared with other members, and it normally stays one color.

I'll await the screen shots.




posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The bar gets longer as you make more posts... the bar gets redder as you get more applauses... Every time a staff member applauds you, you receive a u2u saying so... The only way to tell who has you on ignore is to try to say hi to them and see if they respond



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Okay! This is what I am speaking of and maybe I'm not crazy after all. These are screen shots of two of my "whatchamacallits" showing two different lengths for my post bar. The shorter one was taken a minute or so after the longer bar. The longer bar is from ATS and the shorter bar is from PTS. Perhaps, this is what accounts for the difference. It looks like the "whatchamacallit" in PTS might be wider than in ATS causing the bars to look like one is longer and the other is shorter. The actual lengths are the same, it is only in relation to the background width that one looks longer.





[edit on 2006/2/14 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Judging by the big fat 666 in the BTS points, it's obviously down to Satan.




posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
LOL grady they are the same size, look at the period


where it says Member is on ATS now. your post bar is even with it in both pictures.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Most likely the margins were widened by a non-compliant avatar.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
does this help




ha ha ha ha I don't know

[edit on 14/2/2006 by Sauron]



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Not to interfere with your questions, as I await the response also. I wish to ask a question myself, Is their a way of knowing how many applauses you have?


You can make a good guess. If you look at the image of the bar you get things like 1m.gif, 2m.gif, etc. When you get 1 applause it goes to 1m.gif, a slightly red version, and that lasts until (i THINK) you get 10, in which case it goes to 2m.gif, more red. So if you have 2m.gif, you're anywhere from 10-19 applauses. The rest should be easy to figure out.

I think this is how it works, it could be after 5 applauses even, not 100% sure.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
LOL grady they are the same size, look at the period


Of course, you're right, but when you don't have the two together, the relationship with the period is less noticeable. I used a piece of paper to measure the two and came to the same conclusion.


Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The actual lengths are the same, it is only in relation to the background width that one looks longer.



Originally posted by Umbrax
Most likely the margins were widened by a non-compliant avatar.


Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to check the file size on the Tabasco avatar. I'll have to fix that.

Edit: On closer inspection, there is nothing non-compliant about my Tabasco avatar.

[edit on 2006/2/14 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Judging by the big fat 666 in the BTS points, it's obviously down to Satan.


I always lean heavily toward the Satan scenario.



posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
You can make a good guess. If you look at the image of the bar you get things like 1m.gif, 2m.gif, etc. When you get 1 applause it goes to 1m.gif, a slightly red version, and that lasts until (i THINK) you get 10, in which case it goes to 2m.gif, more red. So if you have 2m.gif, you're anywhere from 10-19 applauses. The rest should be easy to figure out.

I think this is how it works, it could be after 5 applauses even, not 100% sure.


I feel like the little kid in the men's locker room, what with my short bar and all.
But I have more than 10 applauses and I'm a 1m.gif, I just looked down.


It would be interesting to hear from SkepticOverlord what the actual numbers are.


The only thing I can suggest to GradyPhilpott is to stay out of the swimming pool between posts, especially if the waters cold...............

Less shrinkage.




top topics



 
0

log in

join