It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugs In Conspiracy Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I recently finished reading a book called "The New Conspiracy Reader", which I'm sure many of you have read already. I found it an interesting book, but that is not why I'm posting right now. Every time I would start reading the book, a tiny bug would crawl out of the pages; so I would kill it. I thought nothing of it at first, but it kept occurring (At least 5 times). I have not seen these bugs anywhere else in my house, and there was never more than one that popped out of the book. After this happening a few times, I decided to try to keep one, and look at under a microscope, but the next day it was gone. After trying to collect it, I went on the internet to look up if anyone had any similar experiences, and after that the next two times I read the book, the bugs were gone. Now, this could all be coincidental, but I have never had bugs coming out of my books before, but I have also never read a book quite so into conspiracy's before either. I was wondering what every ones thoughts on this are, and if anyone has had a similar experience???

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wasn't going to reply, but that's pretty funny. It's got to be concidence, unless the secret government agencies the book's about have pasted something inside every page that attracts bugs so that the reader will be preoccupied with discovering where the bugs come from and will ignore the context of the book. Or, maybe not.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Since this is Skunkworks, I'll posit the following:

Maybe "they" (and we all know who they are
) are implanting the pulp they make the pages from with eggs of a genetically engineered transmission insect.

Seriously though, that is a very strange thing to have happen but over all I'd say it was a not so unusual coincidence. There are several types of small insects that live in and off of paper.

Assuming the book was printed and constructed overseas (most are now a days due to cheap labor) it is very conceivable these little critters got in the paper and sailed across the sea or over the border as eggs in the bindings and hatched.

They wouldn't be able to exit the book until you opened I wouldn't think and thus you have a little "friend" with each reading.

Springer...

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeah, or perhaps that.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yes, it would make sense that the eggs were hatching from the bugs that eat paper; and I can accept that. But every single time there was only one bug, and after like the 3rd time I started looking through the whole book trying to find the source of them, and at the location the book was stored. Alas, I could not find the source of the bugs. It was also weird that when I killed them, they seemed to "disappear", now they are small bugs, so it is reasonable the got brushed off, or something...but I specifically placed one on a piece of white paper on my table so I could study it later, and it was gone when I checked on it later. Now I am a logical person, and I can accept that it was just coincidence, and that's all it probably was, but if anyone has had similar experiences, it could be more. My theory was that they could be some sort of transceiver sent by someone, that would appear to be organic bugs...completely harmless...but really recording what is going on. Of course this would be really advanced technology that I'm not aware exists right now, and I don't think I'm really that important that anyone would use this sort of technology on, but who knows...maybe these things are more than what they seem.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Where did you get the book? Was it new of used?
What did the bugs look like? Color? Lots of legs?
I have a theory so bear with me here

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If there was a bug like a microchip then yes its a conspiracy. Mabe you did not look properly maybe more than one came out how big are they and where from the book do they appear?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Those are not biological bugs!!!!

biorobotics
how flying spies will work
cockroach robot

They are nano-technology robots, fitted with tiny homing devices that give a fix on where you are staying before their tiny batteries run down. Imagine an RFID chip in a product you bought at walmart, but the tag has six little legs and a camera and follows you around, as well as having the insect version of "on-star", and it's giving a GPS location for your house.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
was it a used book? Could have been there from the previous owner.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
www.uaf.edu...

...prefer warm, moist, dark areas such as boiler rooms. They are active mostly at night, feeding on products that are rich in carbohydrates or protien. Stored foods, glues, book bindings, and paper products may be attacked.

Is this what the little buggies look like. I had them in books years ago that I had stored in a dark closet. I would think warmer climates would have more of these little guys.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The book was new, and purchased from Amazon.com. I do live in a warm climate, and that's not what the bugs looked like, although I have seen those type of bugs before...just not in the book. The bugs I saw were very small, a greenish color, and had 6 legs.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just a quick tip to catch a bug for examination. Keep some scotch tape handy.

Grab it with the scotch tape, then it can't escape and you don't have to crush it. I use this technique at work when something strange infests the office that I want the exterminator to see. (I live in florida and pest infestation/control just comes with the territory).

Also great for getting something off your plants that you need to bring to the nursery to find out what it is and what to use for it.

top topics

join