It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Saddam went free?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What if Saddam Hussian goes free no one can or will convict him or wins his defence?

Its just a scenario probably will not happen but we thought that with Michael Jackson and O J Simpson.

What if America had not attacked Iraq would the new situation with Iran's nuclear programme cause Iraq to declair war with Iran? Or would Saddam thought okay I will have the same energy too and build some reactors. Which in a way would have caused another war with America.

I know this is just fantasy talk but what do you think was it all worked out or has destiny chosen this route of no escape?

[edit on 10-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
He wont walk away. Even if the court falls apart, the Iraqis will simply kill him themselvs. Maybe then the Iraqis can truly feel free.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
He could come to the UK to escape execustion as Abu Hamzad (not sure of spelling) did.

Imagine though how the world would react if he is free its proven politically correct and that Bush had no right for war and he goes down.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
One bullet from a special forces gun is all that is needed, although he will probably go in to hiding.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
One bullet from a special forces gun is all that is needed, although he will probably go in to hiding.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Imagine though how the world would react if he is free its proven politically correct and that Bush had no right for war and he goes down.

The world would probably rejoice if that happened!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well If Saddam gose free from the farce that we hear about two things could happen.
1 He is killed by a rival political faction or by some one seeking justice.
2 He leaves Iraq with the aid of his supporters for this to happen there would have to be a civil war or Iraq no longer exits as a country.
Cheers Xpert11.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think that if Saddam went free, America had better prepare for severe backlash.
From the way he is refusing to cooperate with the courts, I can't imagine him just going back into a hole in the ground- never to be seen again.

I'm sure he'd yet again have his own army of followers waiting on his doorstep

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I actually feared he WOULD go free, why? if he really WAS a friend of the Bush Family, and he is just kept as a sock puppet if the US needs to invade Iraq again, he could be set free and another war can be fought?

But in all reality, he more than likely will get killed one way or the other, the same way his statue went down, he'll be drug through Baghdad with a rop on his foot for as long as the truck has fuel, if he still lives they will just stone him to death

If he did get free and became the dictator again he would probably retribute against America some how don't you think?

It's fun to speculate, but more than likely he will get his head chopped off by a very sharp scimitar
or how ever they execute their criminals there.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It seems a bit odd how many judges or winesses have left the court what is going on maybe I not read too much about it but it seems as if there is a conspiracy to prelong the process and what for? Im not sure something sounds fishy to me.

I know that all his collegues from within the government dissappeared, maybe to escape him without being killed for leaving. Or maybe something else is going on, illuminati within the old Iraq government the whole thing was a show with a set up a hidden world agenda...

[edit on 11-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How bout you put Saddam in the middle of the streets in Tehran and you let the Iranian people themselves decide on the sentence of his guilt

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It seems a bit odd how many judges or winesses have left the court what is going on maybe I not read too much about it but it seems as if there is a conspiracy to prelong the process and what for? Im not sure something sounds fishy to me.

Under Iraqi law, I believe they cant kill anyone over 70. Isnt Saddam 68 or something?

I just dont understand why he is not already dead. He used chemical weapons on his own people and Iran. You dont need a trial for justice to be served in this case.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If you are a dictator you run the show so that no laws not even his own hyprocy can judged him. This is exactly the way the Koran and the prophet Mohammad got off the ground may way is not Yawah. You do not have middle ground its do or die. This way or persecution and Im beggining to think its in their genes to do so after years of selecting these personlity types over centries of breeding.

does contain some sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The issue the US has is finding offences they can cite which don't relate to their involvement ie arms supply, the CIA etc etc.

That's why they're trying to hang this village assasination on him rather than his many other offences.

If the case fails the US is a lot of deep trouble. I predict he'll end up in exile somwhere or fall down some stairs.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Saddam and Bush should share a jail cell

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The main news headlines from this week in novemeber 25 2009, so what if Saddam did go free now, no point in this inquiry after Bush and Saddam are no longer in power is there really? Just means they can talk about it more openly now. Obviously Saudi Arabia had nothing to do with 9/11 and the Americans are building Islands and skyscrapers there like a second New York.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Inquiry told Iraq could not 'use' chemical weapons

Sir William Ehrman speaking at the inquiry
The UK received intelligence days before invading Iraq that Saddam Hussein may not have been able use chemical weapons, an adviser has said.

Foreign Office official Sir William Ehrman told the war inquiry that a report suggested that such weapons may have been "disassembled".

A separate report suggested Iraq might also "lack" warheads capable of spreading chemical agents, he added.

But Sir William defended the invasion, saying Iraq had flouted UN resolutions.

'WMD surprise'

Sir William, the Foreign Office's director general for defence and intelligence between 2002 and 2004, insisted that the role of intelligence in the decision to go to war was "limited".

He also said it was a "surprise" no weapons of mass destruction (WMD) were ever found in Iraq.

"It was not what we had expected," he added.

The reasons for going to war in Iraq - including the now discredited claim that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction which could be used within 45 minutes of an order being given - remain a long-standing source of controversy.

In its second day of public hearings, the inquiry looked into Iraq's weapons capability and its influence on the decision to go to war.

Text

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Hmmm... not exactly sure the reason for this but a few comments may be useful nonetheless...

Saddam did die and at last report, was firmly in hell.

Beyond that, he was a paper tiger who fooled his neighbors and at least one super power into believing his abilities were far greater than they were.

But unless you can see the middle east like a chess board, then none of it makes sense. The invasion appears to be a waste of time, lives and effort.

The question here is not what if he should have lived... but what the regional, geopolitical chessboard would look like today had he been left alone.

That's the question that nobody asks.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Maybe Iran and Iraq would have been friends again or maybe once Ahmajinedad started to hate Saddam he could have nuked Iraq with the help with Russian technology. Maybe they would have got together with to plot the wipeout of Israel and the war would have happened anyway.
Eitherway Iraq was going down hill, here come democracy.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Maybe Iran and Iraq would have been friends again or maybe once Ahmajinedad started to hate Saddam he could have nuked Iraq with the help with Russian technology. Maybe they would have got together with to plot the wipeout of Israel and the war would have happened anyway.
Eitherway Iraq was going down hill, here come democracy.

Perhaps but... again, think of the chessboard. Everything is about strategy for the next move or the one after that. You may not agree with that strategy or the political motivations but... it was well considered. What's more, it looks like Obama has taken up the chair and will continue the basic formula.

Knowing that, it is almost easy to predict what could come next... which is why I think Iran is playing (and so far winning) the nuke game.

It will be the next few moves that determine the end game.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Bible prophecy predicted Iran will battle with endtime Israel, but that is stage one, the Gog and Magog war, then you have Armageddon which is even bigger, but no doubt and the destruction of Babylon Iraq, so expect the Middle East to have 2/3 of the population gone, including Jews.
Then even with that you have the supernatural beings pulling off more deception right at the end. Anyway that is a totally different argument.

top topics

join