It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams and paranormal... just trying to tie a few things together...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ok, this is the 2nd thread I've started. The 1st was to do with some strange sleep paralysis/evil experiences. This one here is about the nightmares i had as a child.

I've never really thought about this until recently, but when I was young I used to get terrifying nightmares on a regular basis. There were a few differnent ones that got repeated, but they all followed the same theme (being chased by father/family being evil). being a child, I considered this normal. Don'tg et me wrong, I'm a fairly normal person who had a happy childhood, and no instances occurred in my life that seem to warrent the nightmares.

What I don't get is why the same few nightmares occurred over and over again, spanning most of my juvenile life? Maybe my mind is failr unispired why it comes to coming up with nightmares to scare me with, maybe I'm looking to deeply into it. The funny thing is I have a niggling feeling that there is something significant about all this.

All thoughts welcome, and if u need any more info in order to shed some light on the matter, just ask.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I too, as most children do, had my share of nightmares. The majority of which involved one particular man trying to cause me harm. This man was someone that was often seen lurking around my primary school, but as far as I am aware was never involved in any suspicious events. I used to have a certain side I had to face when going to sleep to ensure I didn't have nightmares. These sides existed in every bed that I ever slept in, and I think it usually faced the side easiest to flee the room from.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am often fascinated by my dreams. It is strange. Like yourself, as a child I had reoccurring nightmares. I dont have an answer as to why, but it is a subject I like to discuss. When I was a child I would often dream of being locked in a department store after dark. The mannequins would really flip me out, but what really scared me was the silence. It would be unearthly quiet and for some reason that was the scariest thing in the world. Like yourself, I cant offer any explanation why I had these dreams.

A very interesting feature of some dreams is how I will have dream memories. When I am dreaming, I will remember a particular place or person, who I had no memory of while I was awake. It is really strange. I have spoken with people on this board who have said they could practically draw maps of places (towns, cities) they visit in their dreams.

I am sorry if I am going a little off topic here, but it is a subject I am fascinated by.

As I have grown older my nightmares have matured as well. I will often have nightmares about everything from zombies to car accidents. Also sometimes people will be chasing me, people who really scare me. Again, I have no idea why. I have seen zombie movies, and car crashes, but the dreams are very intense. Do you remember any details from the nightmares you have now?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
I've never really thought about this until recently, but when I was young I used to get terrifying nightmares on a regular basis. There were a few differnent ones that got repeated, but they all followed the same theme (being chased by father/family being evil). being a child, I considered this normal. Don'tg et me wrong, I'm a fairly normal person who had a happy childhood, and no instances occurred in my life that seem to warrent the nightmares.

Dreams are the paths to your inner and outer world. I think that maybe you feel like you didn't live up to your parent’s standards. You were in constant conflict with their expectations of you. I think that dreams are symbolic because our minds can’t grasp the true nature of the sprit. We are mini universes existing with a greater universe.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I no longer have any nightmares whatsoever, mainly due to the fact that fear seems to be one of the triggers that alert me to the fact that I'm dreaming, thus I am untouchable.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I had a weird dream once, but it was something that could have been made into a game. But I couldn't remember it much after. It was like I was in a game and had to keep passing level after level and doing things it was weird.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think nightmares are just dreams that you don’t understand. Your reaction to the dream is what is causing you to label it as a nightmare. Dreams can also be a connection to the sprit world. A lot of times things like TV’s computers and phones are really physic links to other people or people who have passed. It is the only way your mind/sprit can interpret what it is experiencing.

I used to have dreams that some would label as a nightmares until I stopped being scared. You will be surprised at the feeling of empowerment you get when you face what some call fear. However it is important to not become to overconfident and conceded. Respect every entity that you come in contact with when you are in the dream state.

It’s hard to tell if you are having an inner or outer experience within your dream. Most nightmares stem from inner experiences. I believe that the dream plane and the astral are more tied together than what most think. Our classification of a living being is totally wrong. We are very symbiotic and sometimes we interact with the earth through our dreams. In fact the very universe that we live in is alive.

This is all just my perspective but from the experiences that I have had with dreams, OBE’s and astral encounters it is the only way I can explain it.

top topics

join