It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush has foiled ten terrorist attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Not only have the American authorities foiled a planned attack on the US Bank tower
ATSNN News Submission
but according to CNN they have foiled 10 (internationally):

1. West Coast airliner plot:

2. East Coast airliner plot:

3. The Jose Padilla plot:

4. 2004 British urban targets plot:

5. 2003 Karachi plot:

6. Heathrow Airport plot:

7. 2004 Britain plot:

8. 2002 Arabian Gulf shipping plot

9. 2002 Strait of Hormuz plot:

10. 2003 tourist site plot:

Check out the details here on CNN

Do we have a right to know about attacks as they are foiled?
What if they were unable to stop them, would we have been warned?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
Not only have the American authorities foiled a planned attack on the US Bank tower
ATSNN News Submission
but according to CNN they have foiled 10 (internationally):

1. West Coast airliner plot:

2. East Coast airliner plot:

3. The Jose Padilla plot:

4. 2004 British urban targets plot:

5. 2003 Karachi plot:

6. Heathrow Airport plot:

7. 2004 Britain plot:

8. 2002 Arabian Gulf shipping plot

9. 2002 Strait of Hormuz plot:

10. 2003 tourist site plot:

Check out the details here on CNN

Do we have a right to know about attacks as they are foiled?
What if they were unable to stop them, would we have been warned?

well they where allegedly going to carry them out.

for example Jose Padilla he wasnt actually caught with anything it was just a talk he had with al-qeda infact theres actually no poof he was even going to carry out the atatcks.
news.bbc.co.uk...

if you read this it says that he was not actaully charged for the dirty bomb attack becuase there is actually no evidence for it.

"Instead Mr Padilla, 35, is charged with aiding terrorists and conspiracy to murder US nationals overseas. "

and even those are questionable on how he helped them.

this is just government spin to make bush look like the good guy. he hasnt helped fight terrorism but infact everywhere he is involved torrism has increased. this is just spin and mis-information just like iraq having WMD.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I agree, perhaps i should have taken a more unbaised stance in my original post... I meant to infer that he was spinnig this up to make himself look good.

It does raise the question about wether the public should be warned of impending attacks wether the Govt can stop them or not. I realise that no one wants to spread panic... but you dont want people to die...

Its a tough call how should governments handle it...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
seems like CNN has been touting the same message for the administration since 2003

More Than 100 Terror Attacks Foiled Worldwide
(Tues, March 4, 2003, 6:39 PM EST)

Somehow i suspect that the recent "10 Foiled Terror Plots"
is in a similar vein as the Downing Street Memo fiasco
where sexed up data is used to influence geopolitical strategy

i figgure the voters 'Wanna Believe" but there's the sane voice in the background whispering....'Hey, you've been burnt twice already..."

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What's the difference in divulging this now or actually when it happened?

They don't have to give up big secrets about how they found out or even any details about it. But instead they've 'saved them all up' to report and release at one time. And now, they release the info AGAIN at a time that happens to be when the President's wiretapping program is under fire?

I don't even believe this.

And would they tell us? Not if it wasn't in their interest to do so. If it was in their interest, then you bet they would.

It's not about us or what's best for us or what's the right thing to do, it's all about the gov't having the advantage and how it benefits them.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Benevolent Heretic:

Did i ever tell you you're one of my favorites??? Its true.

I would need some water to go along with this story. Hmmm....

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What advantage does the government gain from releasing this information other than letting people know that there is still a threat, but they are taking care of it. There was nothing stated that said"Al-qeada is coming for you, here is the proof" now run scared.

So I guess what people want is them to raise the terror alert level each time there is a threat. If that occured, everyone would be complaining about false alarms. They are using the terror alerts for fear mongering.

Bush has not foiled 10 attacks, and he did not take credit for it, he explained that there have been prevented attacks with the cooperation of foriegn agencies and intelligence.

Do you really think that the US is safe? That there are not elements out there who want nothing more than to see the west suffer? I do not live each day in fear, I live each day to the fullest and stay aware, not afraid. For once we live in fear, terrorism has won.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Esdad, I like and respect you. I like an intellectual since i am lacking in that area. But sometimes, you sound like you're trying to convince yourself that this is all true.

Have you ever looked at things from another angle? I love to play this game. I listen to Rush, Hannity, watch Fox, and a variety of shows who do not share my point of view. For me, it reinforces what i beleive to be true.

I am just saying this because i cannot beleive that in your eyes there is never anything suspicious at the very least. I am up for grabs. I have voted Republican and Democrat. Who's fit for the presidency is what i ask myself. Sorry about the rant but i wondered if you ever gave the opposite view a second thought.

You dont think there is something strange in the air?? (Besides Liberals)?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I wonder how many more he will make up to try get some poll numbers

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
L.A. Mayor knows nothing about these supposed events. I kinda think he should have been told. But that's just me.

www.crooksandliars.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I ltry to look at and listne too both sides, i am far from a war monger righty and not a liberal lefty, and if you look at it, and it is fun to read what all sides say. I am very open minded, more than i am sure some of my posts state.

THis press release is not needed for poll numbers, as I am sure the president gave up on those although they are rising 'prior' to this release. Also, this is nothing new. If you followed these types of issues closely, you would have been waiting the past 5 or so months for the release of the actual events like many of us who knew about it.

Also realize, that for all of these expressed, they are not including existing operations that are bieng followed or monitored. If fear mongering was needed, all the government need do is release information on 'intel on future attacks,', not on something that has already occured. I fail to see how this information could be used to promote fear, or to validate a budget. When you have a 3 trillion dollar budget, I agree more should go to education, but that is why i write my congressman.

The NWO exists, but in the form of banks, industry and commercial interests around the world. You could take it back to the Templars I am sure if you trace all the money and strong families that exist now back. It is not controlled by the US, or Britan, and any other governing body. It rules itself. I am not a slave to the fear of a terror attack, but I am a slave to the fear of not paying my bills on time so I can keep my credit score up so I can refinance my house and buy more things I cannot afford. This is the American way.

Cheney defended Bush yesterday and made a good point....

www.cnsnews.com...

The vice president noted that the terrorist surveillance program was highly classified -- yet information about it was leaked to the news media.

"It's easy to imagine America's enemies shaking their heads in amazement that anyone would disclose this information, thereby giving notice to those enemies, undermining national security and putting our citizens at risk," Cheney said.

"It seems more than obvious to say that our nation is still at risk of attack, yet as we get farther away from Sept. 11, some in Washington are yielding to the temptation to downplay the threat and back away from the business at hand," Cheney said. "That mindset may be comforting, but it is dangerous.

Our nation needs to stay vigilant, so our citiznes do not have to worry. By stating that there are wiretaps, maybe they are trying to scare people away from using disposable non-tracable cells and making them use the cyber world, which can always be tracked down. I am glad to know that these incidents were averted and that 1000's of lives were saved, and I that I have not lost any rights that I had pre 9/11.

top topics

join