It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Pratchett's "Hogfather" to be adapted for TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

He is the best-selling fantasy fiction author from the West whose mysterious tales are loved by millions of bookworms the world over. Now, for the first time, one of the stories from Wiltshire-based Terry Pratchett's hugely popular Discworld series is to be adapted into a TV film. And the £6million Sky One production will feature a host of familiar faces, including one of Britain's best-loved actors, Sir David Jason, in a starring role.

The first chapter in the Discworld series was published in 1983 and it has spawned an impressive 34 books since. Yesterday Pratchett, who lives in a luxury home near Salisbury, joked of Sir David's decision to play the role: "It's like all my Hogswatches have come at once." He admitted the success of Harry Potter and Lord Of The Rings had made fantasy fiction "the flavour of the moment".

Sir David was approached for the role when the producers discovered he was a fan of the books. He will play Death's manservant Albert, who dresses up as a grumpy pixie helper.

Apologies for all the quoting, I just thought David Jason's inclusion may get more folks interested. I personally think he'll make a great Albert. Id also like to see one of the usual thesps to voice Death, maybe Christopher Lee or Ian McKellen. I cant wait for this, its gonna be great!

join