It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin invites Hamas to Moscow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Link

MADRID (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he would invite Hamas leaders to Moscow, opening a crack in a wall of U.S.-led opposition to dealing with the Palestinian election winner until it recognised Israel.
Ismail Haniyeh, a senior Hamas official said in Gaza that leaders of the group, whose charter calls for Israel's destruction, "would be delighted" to visit Russia if Putin tendered a formal invitation.
"Maintaining our contacts with Hamas, we are ready in the near future to invite the Hamas authorities to Moscow to hold talks," Putin told a news conference in the Spanish capital Madrid where he was on a visit.

That sounds interesting.

Looks like Russia want's to expand their influence in this Middle-East conflict.

Should Wester countries support this or should they put Russia on this so called Axis of evil?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Russia will march in unison with the muslim armies in an attempt to conquer europe.

Their reign will only last 2 years into the conflict before their armies is exuasted of supplies and parts for their machines of war

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Russia is going to cash out on whatever is left of the possible conflict against Iran and what has been going on in the middle east.

Russia is waiting and waiting patiently and letting the world know who side the favor the most.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think Putin is just flexing his muscles and saying to the U.S.,U.K. and rest of europe,look how big we are we can get publicity too.
I (Putin not me) was leader of the KGB you know George.

I can't see Russia going against the U.S.A and others if this time they have U.N. backing which I think they will get.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
In New York, Russia's U.N. ambassador Andrew Denisov told a news conference that a key item on any agenda for any talks with Hamas would be "prevention and the stopping of all terror activities" as well as the group regarding Israel as an independent state, neighbor and partner.

Denisov also said Moscow would push for the "rejection of radical views and positions which are inappropriate" and tell Hamas to keep up the "momentum of the peace process".

Artic le
Although i'm not sure if I can trust those statements. Russia can be alittle slimey.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Russia had conflicts with the islamic world in afganistan and checnia.
I dont think they would take sides with the islamic world.
They are just trying to look important i think that is it, let's not forger russia is part of europe and russia had terorist atacks on it's home land.
In the worse case scenario if war broke out they would side with the rest of europe.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sadly Hamas is now a legitimate political organization. If Russia could get Hamas to do something like atleast recognised Israel or help broker peace it would be a huge Public image win for Russia on a global scale.

Even if they cant do that they can atleast say they tried win or win huge for Russia either way. Smart move IMHO

[edit on 9-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Sadly Hamas is now a legitimate political organization. If Russia could get Hamas to do something like atleast recognised Israel or help broker peace it would be a huge Public image win for Russia on a global scale.

Even if they cant do that they can atleast say they tried win or win huge for Russia either way. Smart move IMHO

[edit on 9-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

Yes shadow i agree with you, the only thing they are trying to achive is importance.
I guess russia is not what is use to be, it has it's democratic ambitions,
They let some galery post the cartoons again i think to show to the world that free speach is important for them as well.

They are just looking at a posible new identity with a name in it so the world would see them has a power.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Good points!

V.26 Russian troop shall advance over high mountains.
La gent esclave par un heur martiel
Viendra en haut degre tant esleve
Changeront prince, naistra un provincial
Passer la mer, copie aux monts leve

The Russians through an military good fortune
Shall be elevated to a high degree
Shall change their prince, one born in a province
Shall pass sea, troop shall climb over high mountains

COMMENT: Russia's leadership shall belong to an outsider who shall appeal to the common population. Russian troops shall attack Western Europe or more specifically Italy via two routes: from the south near the Black Sea and from the north by crossing the Alps. IV.82 Through Russian hands, the old Destroyer shall destroy Romanie.

Amas s'approche venant d'Esclavonie
L'Olestant vieux cite ruinera
Fort desolee vera sa Romainie
Puis la grand flamme estaindre ne scaura

The mass shall approach coming from Russia
The ancient Destroyer shall ruin the city
Violently desolated Romanie shall see
Afterwards the great flame of war shall not be quenched

COMMENT: Russia shall start the WW III in Europe by invading its Western neighboring countries who shall recently join NATO. The war shall spread and cannot be contained.

X.32 Russian navy shall dominate only for two short years.
Le grand Empire chacun en devoit etre
Un sur les autres le viendra obtenir
Mais peu de temps sera son regne et etre
Deux ans aux naves se pourra soustenir

In the great Empire with everyone's existence hung in desperation
One over the others shall secure it
But little time shall last for his reign and existence
Two years the navy shall be rotten due to poor maintenance

COMMENT: Russia shall be in the state of desperation nationwide. Each person shall have to survive on his own without relying on his government (Verse 2). Russia's power and her very existence shall be threatened due to the European offences and later by the bloody hands of the neighboring China. Their navy shall dominate the war for the first two years then shall collapse due to the lack of spare parts and resources.

Quatrains of Nostradamus - Interpretations

This is nostradamus' prediction for Russia's part in WWIII.
Sady i think Russia will be drawn into the conflict either way and through unforseeable events will be in the 'axis of evil'.

Not necassarily with the same views of the rest of the invasion but with goals of its own.....
Perhaps in a vain attempt to show its power or
for its own democratic ambitions.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Russia is (if they are smart) positioning itself to take advantage of the impending chaos set for the mideast.

Hamas is forwarding their resistance agenda.
Iran is looming over the horizon "like a 3 ton gorilla"
The Iraq mess... Over stretched, Over Extended US Forces
Europe is scared.
US is largely surrounded by its enemies and opportunist vultures (Venezeula, Cuba...and then Mexico)

As an aside...if large scale chaos erupts in the US who thinks the mexicans will attempt to capture parts of the southwest...They have already positioned thousands if not millions of expatriates there....

Just my two cents though

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by israelcd
As an aside...if large scale chaos erupts in the US who thinks the mexicans will attempt to capture parts of the southwest...They have already positioned thousands if not millions of expatriates there....

Mexico taking over parts of the US
Thats classic. Not even getting into the fact of US military vs Mexican with the millions of armed citizens in the US there would be a whole new meaning to the word insurgency

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Its all classical..
all classically insane I tell ya!!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Would you take up arms to go defend a border town in texas, a state with a sizable mexican population?

Or simply close ranks with members of like ethnicity to defend a majority territory, resources, etc...

Traditionally states/countries dissolve along ethnic lines...ie USSR...

Besides nothing last forever...including this union...

Keeping on topic though a Russia /China aliance will emerge as the next major super power... thus cozy up to Hamas

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by israelcd
Would you take up arms to go defend a border town in texas, a state with a sizable mexican population?

You bet I would along with alot of other people. Americans dont take to kindly to foriegn invaders. You mention texas having a sizable mexican population but guess what alot more are non mexican and theres alot of second amendment loving boys down there

Not like it would ever be needed the Mexican military is a joke. Theres not a whole lot that will make the US use nuclear weapons but invading american soil is on of them especially when the invader has no nuclear weapons of its own.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Russia might be having problems with Chechnya, but that will have little affect on what will come. Remember, We helped the Muslims take beat Milosawassisname in Serbia or wherever it was in that area where there were two or three states from one that was kept "peaceful" under the Soviet fist, as well as our help in Afghanistan, and they ripped at our throat at the first opportunity. No problem, though, they will accept our help the next time it is offered.
Go back further in time, past the Soviet-Afghan scene, and you will see that the Soviet Union was very influential in the Middle East. People always like to point out how the U.S. sells weapons to nations, but they seem to forget how we always sold them to countries after the Soviets armed another side to the hilt. I do not think the Soviets...er....theh Russians, have forgotten how to interact in the Middle East, and I do not believe she has lost all her contacts.
Come to think of it, former KGB boss Putin is in charge - we know that she still remembers, and still has her little book of contacts.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Russia had conflicts with the islamic world in afganistan and checnia.
I dont think they would take sides with the islamic world.

Really? Let's see if that is true.

Russia to take Syria's side if conflict with U.S. arises - Russian MPs
20:41 | 20/ 12/ 2005

MOSCOW, December 20 (RIA Novosti) - Russia will take Syria's side if charges against Syrian officials with involvement in the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri cause a conflict between the United States and Syria, two Russian parliamentary members said Tuesday.

"If Russia is to choose between its two strategic allies, it will undoubtedly take Syria's side," said Shamil Sultanov, a coordinator of an inter-faction association, Russia and the Islamic World: A Strategic Dialogue.

Excerpted from.
en.rian.ru...

Vladimir Putin claims Russia is the major support for the Islamic countries
Interfax quoted Putin saying: “Those who are fighting on the other side (Chechen militants – ed.) don't know that Russia has always been the most loyal, reliable and consistent defender of the Islamic interests. By destroying Russia they are destroying one of the major supports for the Islamic world.”

Excerpted from.
english.pravda.ru...

Originally posted by pepsi78
They are just trying to look important i think that is it, let's not forger russia is part of europe and russia had terorist atacks on it's home land.
In the worse case scenario if war broke out they would side with the rest of europe.

You still think Russia will side with the west?

I think not, according to the statements of Russian officials.

BTW, I wouldn't mind if Russia was siding with the moderate Islamic countries, but they are siding with the extremist Islamic countries.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by Muaddib]

join