It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will dem leader Reid step down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid wrote at least four letters helpful to Indian tribes represented by Jack Abramoff, and the senator's staff regularly had contact with the disgraced lobbyist's team about legislation affecting other clients.

The activities _ detailed in billing records and correspondence obtained by The Associated Press _ are far more extensive than previously disclosed. They occurred over three years as Reid collected nearly $68,000 in donations from Abramoff's firm, lobbying partners and clients.

Hhmmmmmm......can't wait to hear the dems/libs excuse on this one......just goes to show how much the dems/libs can be hyprocrits.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Okay as a confirmed Dem and Liberal let me be the first to respond.

My reaction? He should step down if this is true. True being the keyword here.

See we actually want crooks punished, even if they are Dems. We don't elect them to say... Majority leader if we know they are crooked scum.

BTW: Need a basement apartment or a nice fat tobacco check? Just ask your new Majority leader.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Before commenting you should just think about Al Gore and his big tabacco farm.......

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Figures.........the hypocracy of the dems/libs is pathetic....one one to answer this charge?!?

I guess the dems/libs realize that their "leader" is guilty and have decided to move on.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If there is any evidence of a quid pro quo, then Reid should step down. Do you have any idea of where Harry Reid stands in the line-up of congressmen and senators who took money directly from Abramoff and clearly received a quid pro quo? Remember, the money Reid received came from the Indian tribes, not Abramoff, and the tribes were victims of Abramoff, too.

Now, I suppose that since a clear connection between Abramoff, Abramoff's money, and access to the president has been established, you will be calling for Bush to resign as well. If not, you need to take another look at the definition of the term "hypocrite". It's quite interesting, but not so nice when it applies to you, "Ferretman". Isn't a ferret a kind of weasel? Just asking...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I thought that McCain-Feingold was supposed to take care of this?

Btw, ferrets are members of the skunk family. But Ferretman is cool - not nice to call him a weasel or skunk. Ferrets make cool pets.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Figures.........the hypocracy of the dems/libs is pathetic....one one to answer this charge?!?

Hypocrisy at it's best indeed. Your entire party is guilty of something, and your defense is one dem did it too.

I've yet to see a single "answer to charges" from Republicans on anything other than trying to paint "Dems just as bad as us."

You're the pathetic one.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What we're seeing here is the Republican answer to the Congressional check kiting scandal. To imply that one party is inherently more honest than the other is silly. As a matter of fact, politicians are no more corrupt than the average guy; they just have more opportunities to steal and get away with it.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My entire point is that there is an aligation against the minority leader reid and that the hyprocracy from dems/libs show due to the fact that no one is paying any attention to it. It is not being reported or commented on.

Of course this will lead dems/libs to say 'well then it's not true, let yell about the President'

I just think that there is a very large inequality of reporting of the actions of both parties.

(Ferrets are great!)

top topics

join