It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Hoax`s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members.

I just thought we might reflect on the past hoax`s that have appeared over the web for the past 6years.

Zeta talk:
Ahh yes,nancy.You were ontop of the world for a while.Until the great day of change turned out to be just another year.

John Titor:
The "so-called" time traveller from the year 2032.John I must say,you have certainly opened our imaginations.That is some story you told us about the coming war and the start of the end in 2005.
Wait A MINUTE! its 2006!.I see afew wars.But i dont see a world war.Hmm.... Maby i`ll just keep on waiting.

The large Astroid heading for earth:
Anybody remember that thread that just popped up one day.It was about that aussie bloke claiming there is an astroid heading for earth.
Yea im sure this one will come up in ur memories.Man.That aussie bloke.Certainly had one beer toomuch.

And ofcourse Serpo:
A tip-off claiming him and 11 others were chosen for an intersteller exchange programme.

Well there you have it folks.Hoaxs.All thats left now is 2012.Lets see what bozo attempts to pull off this one.

If theres any im missing.By all means add some.The more the merrier.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by blackSt33L]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Going back a bit...there is of course Ed Walters, George Adamski, and of course Billy Meier....
Not necessarily all web-based, but you get the drift...

You left out one of the biggest of all....Prophet Yahweh....

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm glad you brought this up, because it's a topic I'm interested in looking into. There are some long-lived hoaxers (Sollog comes to mind) but the ones with a doom date are the most interesting.

I'm still not sure why people buy into those scenarios.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33LWell there you have it folks.Hoaxs.All thats left now is 2012.Lets see what bozo attempts to pull off this one.

So basically its up to the Mayans?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by blackSt33LWell there you have it folks.Hoaxs.All thats left now is 2012.Lets see what bozo attempts to pull off this one.

So basically its up to the Mayans?

yep,it would appear to be so.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hey guys.Need us not forget Lazar.

But then again was he proven to be a hoaxer?.All I heard was his stories about working in area 51.I never heard of any hoax claims.

And by the way.. What happened to all those reptillians...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
dear forum

Nah, I don't think you could add billy meier on the list of hoaxers.
There is just too much overwhelming evidence to back his claim most people conveniently overlook and they rather contaminate their minds with con jobs and deception from the debunkers who perpetuate lies about billy in various website of theirs.
These people do a very good job of obscuring the truth indeed, you just have to listen to people's objections against billy and it's usually with some con job they've taken on board as the real evidence for a hoax when that evidence itself is the hoax.
When will people stop giving themselves nice neat little excuses and stop ranting to those that have figured out the truth, the proverbial garbage that they are taken in by a cult leader, to a cult and as a cultish loonies, spreading cultish nightmare to the unsuspecting when it is those against billy that bandy around in a cult like obsession the deceptive and cunningly prefabricated lies as the truthful evidence that billys case is hoaxed without clearly seeing the real evidence for themselves.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"cult leader, to a cult and as a cultish loonies, spreading cultish nightmare"

ah just like any organized religeon.

still no one has claimed the prize yet by actually prooving their psychicness to the skeptic society yet. that is proof enough for me.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33L
John Titor:
The "so-called" time traveller from the year 2032.John I must say,you have certainly opened our imaginations.That is some story you told us about the coming war and the start of the end in 2005.
Wait A MINUTE! its 2006!.I see afew wars.But i dont see a world war.Hmm.... Maby i`ll just keep on waiting.
[edit on 9-2-2006 by blackSt33L]

Just a note; John Titor predicted an American civil war to occur in 2005, and to become "apparent to everyone" by the end of 2006. His world war was not predicted until 2015.
I wouldn't yet TOTALLY consider him a hoax, though it can be assumed at this point.

That out of the way, I'd say Y2K could be a "hoax" on some level.

top topics

join