It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason books in the public domain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Some of the Freemason's main books are in the public domain and can be found freely online.

Morals & Dogma by Albert Pike: Famous and Massive book on Freemasonry by the legendary man who was a Scottish Freemason.

Duncan's Masonic Ritual and Monitor by Malcolm C. Duncan: Contains their ceremonies, secret handshakes, passwords, etc.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

Morals & Dogma by Albert Pike: Famous and Massive book on Freemasonry by the legendary man who was a Scottish Freemason.

Pike was born in Boston, and died in Washington, D.C.

He never went to Scotland in his life.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I never said Albert Pike went to Scotland. I did say he was a Scottish Freemason which is true:

He had in the interim joined a Masonic lodge and become extremely active in the affairs of the organization, being elected Sovereign Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite's Southern Jurisdiction in 1859, also that year having received an honorary Ph.D. from Harvard. He remained Sovereign Grand Commander for the remainder of his life (a total of 32 years), devoting a large amount of his time to perfection of the rituals of the order. (Source)

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
For those who are interested, masonic books including rituals come up on eBay all the time. Also, in the UK, lists of lodges with their full membership are available from their respective provincial offices - these too often come up on eBay.

TFHM55 - I think you are getting mixed up between Scottish and Scottish Rite. The first means 'of or from Scotland' and the second is a side (appendent) order of freemasonry which is extremely popular in the US, amongst other places.

To describe a member of the Scottish Rite as Scottish is inaccurate, although it is an understandable error if one doesn't know much about the subject.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just to set the record streight,

Any and all books that are printed,regardsless of their masonic content are "public" and anyone is welcome to read them.

Unless you are refering to lack of copyright.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
I never said Albert Pike went to Scotland. I did say he was a Scottish Freemason which is true:

A Scottish Freemason is a Freemason from Scotland, which Pike was not. He was, however, a member of the Scottish Rite of Masonry, which is an entirely different thing. I mention this just to avoid confusion.

top topics

join