It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove threatens to blacklist any Republican who votes against the president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The house intelligence committee is actually going to be briefed on many elements of the NSA thing that have not been released to the public or even the whole of the house or senate. I don't have a link yet because I just heard it on the radio about 20 minutes ago driving home from work.

It will be interesting to see who changes their minds and what's leaked. As Congresswoman Wilson said, inaccuracies cannot be corrected by those in the know because it is classified material. However, in this format, much can be revealed that otherwise cannot, and much can be corrected or reinforced as well. She was troubled by Rove's lack of answers to some questions; maybe those questions can be answered for her and others that are concerned in this format.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
oh, I am entirely open to the idea that once some of this classified info comes to light, that all will be found to be hunky-dory and there might be a few democratic "traitors" voting to just drop the whole thing. I just ain't open to the idea that those who will make that deicision should be intimadated into making a decision before all the facts have even been presented for thier consideration......
If they are gonna have an investigation, I expect them to make their decisions on the facts....

as far as those other traitors who disarmed that "nuke" that was set to blow in congress and shut them down for months...
we are in a war....congress had better be on the ball and doing thier job, which means working together and maybe even a little compromising.....that's what these "traitors" did, ensured that congress would be able to function......in a time of war at that.....
so, where's the treason in that....
personally, I would rather be considered a traitor to my party, and a protector of my nation, thank you!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If the White House doesn't support every single Republican in November,
wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot?
I mean, the '06 race looks like it will be close and the Repubs are afraid of losing any seats. If the Repubs don't maintain a majority in the Senate/House that changes the picture for them.

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
ROVE IS A TURD!

Now that thats otta da way...

Can you blame the guy? He is trying to unite rats on a sinking ship.

And I thought I was preaching unity. Maybe I should take lessons from Rove?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid wrote at least four letters helpful to Indian tribes represented by Jack Abramoff, and the senator's staff regularly had contact with the disgraced lobbyist's team about legislation affecting other clients.

The activities _ detailed in billing records and correspondence obtained by The Associated Press _ are far more extensive than previously disclosed. They occurred over three years as Reid collected nearly $68,000 in donations from Abramoff's firm, lobbying partners and clients.

Hhmmmmmm......can't wait to hear the dems/libs excuse on this one......just goes to show how much the dems/libs can be hyprocrits.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Reid won't step down, and all of that is lies. After all, Howard Dean stated clearly that no Democrat ever took a single dime from Abramoff. Even if it's not a lie, it's not that big a deal. The problem with the Republicans is that theirs is a culture of corruption. Reid isn't part of that culture of corruption, so what he was paid was for the good of the American people.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
why, did dean threaten or blackmail Reid for votes???

really, what does this have to do with the topic at hand.....except of course to serve as a distraction......

I got a feeling that (on the assumtion that story is true, of course) any republicans who don't follow the party line will find another republican being set up to run against them, with full republican backing of course....

[edit on 9-2-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sounds like Facist Dictatorship Gestapo Tactics to me - Disgusting! But this is what I have come to expect from Bush & his Goon Cronies! I hope the Republicans out there that are still Free Thinking - still have a bit of Independence & Fight left in them will come to the Realization that they are AMERICANS first & Republicans second! I mean shouldn't we all be working for what is best for the ENTIRE COUNTRY & not just what Political Parties tell us to do (Hey Democrats - I am not letting you off the hook either - stop crying while pointing @ the Republicans & come up with some of your own solutions for a change - provide some REAL Alternatives... SHEESH!)? All of this Political bickering Non-sense going on right now - feels an awful lot like "Divide & Conquer" to me!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I got a feeling that (on the assumtion that story is true, of course) any republicans who don't follow the party line will find another republican being set up to run against them, with full republican backing of course....

I know McCain(R), just like Lieberman(D), is going to have a tough time in his next election. Private groups have set up fund raisers to support other Republican candidates in Arizona as a result of McCain going against the party so often.

Seraphim_Serpente, you believe it should be required that the White House give money and PR to people working against their policies because they tag an "R" after their name, or you're being as bad as the Nazis? I really suggest a history lesson for you. You could start here; it's a wikipedia article on the Gestapo. If you still believe not supporting a political opponent is the same as this:

The first five months of 1943 witnessed thousands of arrests and executions as the Gestapo exercised a severity hitherto unseen by the German public. Student leaders were executed in late February, and a major opposition organization, the Oster Circle, was destroyed in April 1943.

then that's your prerogative. I just think the comparison is grossly inaccurate and really trivializes the travesties of the Nazi party.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, maybe your rejects will join forces and come back in 08 and kick your arses!!!!

I'm sorry you feel that those representing us in congress are susposed to be representing the republican party, but, if they understand the US government well, they should know, they represent the districts that voted them into the office!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm sorry you feel that those representing us in congress are susposed to be representing the republican party, but, if they understand the US government well, they should know, they represent the districts that voted them into the office!!!

It is actually this I was talking about in Lieberman's case. As to them representing the districts that voted them into office, John McCain is a senator of Arizona, and it is parties in Arizona that are trying to oust him. Sure, many Republicans support this outside of his state, too, but does that mean the locals can't try to do so?

Or did you mean that GW should support McCain and others because they represent their districts well? If that's the case, then why would a little PR from the prez make any different? They're already doing a great job and their constituents would vote them back into office anyway.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
sure they can, and they should.....If McCain hasn't done a good job of representing their interests......not if McCain has defied what the party heads in washington has decided is the present "party line".....

in other words, if the powers that be in the republican party in washington had decided that all the republicans should just go along with bush's immigration plans, while the residents of arizona were demanding that these immigration not be supported by their representative because they don't serve their state's interest, well......why should that political machine in washington start spinning against McCain trying to destroy him as repayment for his disobedience to party pressure?

and remember, that's a pretty impressive political machine that has been built up by Delay and gang in recent years.....maybe through illegal means!!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

why should that political machine in washington start spinning against McCain trying to destroy him as repayment for his disobedience to party pressure?

Speaking of spin...

That's not what the article says Rove is doing. It wasn't that the White House would start spinning against those who go against this, just that the White House wouldn't spin anything for them, nor support them.

I think I now know how to feel about this issue.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
and like I said earlier in this post......

if the facts that are gonna be brought out in these hearings are such that Bush and buds are so worried about their own party members siding against him, ummmmm........maybe having Bush supporting them in reelection might not be such a good idea anyway.

all in all though, well, I do disagree with these types of tactics.....and, I expect those representing me in government to do what they bellieve is in the best interest of the country...not my best interest, or the best interest of their reelection campaign, or the best interest of their party, or the best interest of Bush and buds!!!

I will be carefully watching just who Bush is posing with for their reelction stunts, and who he isn't, and their behavior leading up to the election---as well as the republican party's involvement in the whole thing.....
and well, time will tell if Bush speaks for the entire party, if their was enough pressure put on representatives to to lay aside their loyalty to their country in exchange for party support. and well, what happens to those who dare to follow their own concious in matters....

but, I am sorry, a party that encourages businesses (lobbying groups) to descriminate (against democrats) if they want a voice in congress kind of gives me the impression that they will do just about anything to march on down the path they wish to travel!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Rove is just trying to portray a macho image as his ship sinks into political obscurity. With the Presidents poll numbers slipping even with all the cheerleading; I don't even think that many of the party faithful will want to be seen as siding with the corrupt neo-cons.

It seems that the old adage "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" becomes more true every day. And it seems evident that to the neo-cons, Patriotism is equated with total allegiance. No questions, Obey!!!

[edit on 9-2-2006 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join