It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This could happen in America???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A polish woman has taken her government to the European Court for failing to protect her rights.

Alicja Tysiac, now nearly blind, was refused an abortion after she was told by three separate doctors that carrying the baby full term would be a danger to her eyesight. Although doctors admitted that their was a definate danger to her eyesight, they refused to give her an abortion certificate....a necessity in poland where abortion is only permitted when the health or life of the mother is at risk. By what I heard on the radio about this, many doctors see this as a big headache in the making. so, they really don't want to hand out these certificates.

well, to make a long story short, she is now considered disabled and can't work, although it is up to her to raise her children by herself...

today .reuters.com/news

as far as I am concerned these doctors, and the laws of poland not only didn't protect this mother's rights, but also endangered the lives of her already born children in the process.

this is for the ones who would proclaim so vehemantly that the mother's health, and her life, is never, ever at risk when abortion is withheld!!!

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 10-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can see where the mother would have a case against the doctors. As for the gov't, the law seems to cover their butts:

(3) A criminal act as referred to in subsection 1 is not committed by a physician who undertakes this procedure in a health care establishment in the public sector, in cases in which:

1. the pregnancy is endangering the mother's life or seriously jeopardizing her health, according to the diagnosis of two physicians other than the physician carrying out the procedure referred to in subsection 1, such diagnosis being unnecessary if the threat to the mother's life has to be eliminated immediately;

2. the death of the unborn child is due to measures taken to save the mother's life or prevent serious injury to her health, this risk having been diagnosed by two other physicians;
annualreview.law.harvard.edu...

this is for the ones who would proclaim so vehemantly that the mother's health, and her life, is never, ever at risk when abortion is withheld!!!

Dawnstar, your experiences may be different than mine, but I have never heard anybody claim what you say here. I also don't think your thread title is appropriate since there is no evidence to suggest it's even a possibility here.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
really, ya think???

one women was arrested, a mentally handicapped women at that, for refusing a c-section that the doctors thought was necessary for the baby's health....(or maybe it was necessary for their pocketbooks, I get these things confused sometimes), another refused to have a c-section and walked out of the emergency room for find another healthcare p rovider, they hospital staff immediately went to the courts to get a court order, of course, by the time they got it, well, she had given birth to a healthy baby!!

and there's been several laws contested in the courts of late, deemed unconstitutional because they leave out that one little stipulation about the mother's health and well being.

and yes, I have had some on these boards say that there's never any medical necissity for an abortion.....
well, I just wanted to post this here, and tell them, well, they appear to be wrong on that one!!

and ask them......what gives them, or this government for that matter the right to tell a mother to be that she should sacrifice her life, that that of her baby....sacrifices should be freely given, not forced!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

another refused to have a c-section and walked out of the emergency room for find another healthcare p rovider, they hospital staff immediately went to the courts to get a court order, of course, by the time they got it, well, she had given birth to a healthy baby!!

Good for her and the baby!

and there's been several laws contested in the courts of late, deemed unconstitutional because they leave out that one little stipulation about the mother's health and well being.

Well at least the courts worked in those instances.

and yes, I have had some on these boards say that there's never any medical necissity for an abortion.....

Well, you have to just write those type of close-minded people off as being too ignorant to understand the real situation. They're not worth the time or effort.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
another law in progress to being challenged in the courts.....

if this actually passed through and was allowed, well, yes, the abortion would be denied this lady if she was living South Dakota under this law....

SD House Approves Abortion Ban
www.keloland.com...,45916

the only thing protecting the life of the mother is this tiny little loophole......

loopholes are for taxevaders, and criminals to get out of being sent to prison.....they have no place when it comes to the healthcare of women, men, or children!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
SD House Approves Abortion Ban
www.keloland.com...,45916

Is SD so far behind the times that they have not read nor heard about Roe V Wade? Or may be they know something that we do not and that would be that Roe v Wade will soon be overturned????

new topics

top topics

join