It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people feel about the rioting muslims?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I will agree with you Big O, i doubt any of this would of happend if it wasnt for the war in iraq. Through the past 3 years both sides have been pumping up the propaganda, pro-west and anti-west. This is what has caused the crisis today.
Also the cartoon someone produced which was agaisnt christianity, it was not a cartoon saying jesus was a pedo, but more about the pedofilia problem we have in our christian priest community.
Also if a muslim country was producing cartoons depicting jesus with a bomb in his head, i think we would see backlash from the christian community. No it wouldnt be riots like the muslims are doing, it would be shot down in the christian owned media, and warped into a pro-west story.

All in all i understand the frustration of islam, but i dont condon their actions.

Also i think this thread shows the propaganda machine. We are talking about how muslims are upset over a cartoon depicting their phophet in a bad manner, they are upset and are demostrating and rioting in multiple countries. And it is the war on terroism? Please move this thread to another topic.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
I will agree with you Big O, i doubt any of this would of happend if it wasnt for the war in iraq.

I don't know if it wouldn't have happened at all, but I think the backlash would be different.

It just bugs me sometimes, because there is such neat stuff in the middle east and in the south east that I'd really really like to check out.

However, I'd be scared crapless to travel there, being American and obviously white.

I'd love to go there, add to their economy, meet the people, observe their rituals, learn, share... but I fear that I'll never be able to do this in my life time and I think that is a shame.

I mean, gosh, how awesome would it be to go and see Mecca? I mean, it's Mecca? THE MECCA. That'd be sooo cool to check out. Or to travel and see where the hanging gardens of Babalyon used to be?

I don't know... this is just not a good trend, all this violence and anger in the world. There has to be something more that is just "pissing" off the Muslims so much, and so quickly?

There has to be some underlying current that is giving such power to this fanaticism that sweeps across the muslim world from time to time. I can't see it, since I'm on the outside, but I'd love to get a legit response on why, why people are so angy that they'd kill someone over a picture.

-O

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's definatly about the socio-economic levels about the people we are seeing riot. As has already been stated, a lack of literacy and education is the fundamental cause for this kind of behavour.

I think it would be fair to say that living conditions in places like Palistine and Lebanon are a long way from what you see in your average Western country.....In terms of literacy levels and education, some of these countries are close to 200 years behind what we take for granted...

...please remember 200-300 years ago,Christianity was flouted with the same extremist fervour

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The Big O, go to Mecca. Dont let the media scare you aware.

Yes there are islamic extremists who might want to chop your head off, should a african man not go to america because the KKK exists?

Most muslims are peace loving people, of course there are a few bad eggs. If you live your life in fear you will never experience anything.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
All i have to say is they are most definitely over reacting to the cartoon. They need to chill out and get jobs or find something other to do then spend their time burning flags, protesting, and blaming the jew and the infadel for everything bad that happens. And if they cant get jobs because there are none then they should protesting against their government instead of other countrues for all their problems.

Not to mention how hypocritical this is based on the amount of racist and especially anti-symetic material in arab newspapers and television.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
hey need to chill out and get jobs...

What if there are no jobs to get?

I don't think currently there is a large amount of invetment going on in the middle east.

I bet if there was good work, many of these people would take it, and do quite well at it.

-O

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The Big O, go to Mecca. Dont let the media scare you aware.

He wont be allowed to go to Mecca as non-muslims are forbidden to enter Mecca.

He would have to lie about being a muslim and hope that no one finds out.

Regarding the topic, it was the riots in France that really angered me about muslims and these recent demonstration just strengthened my dislike of muslims. I really would like to have them all expelled from Europe.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well I'm a "non Muslim." Here is how I feel about the "rioting Muslims."

They are hate filled and ignorant.
I want to clarify that when I say "they" I am referring to the rioters. That is to say I feel differently about the protesters. If a group wants to protest a cartoon, that is their prerogative. Burning buildings and calling for the death of a country is an entirely different thing. People who are doing that need to be dealt with accordingly.

As a citizen of a free country I think a right to peacefully protest should be protected as much as free speech. After all, they go hand and hand.

Rioting is wrong and self destructive. What I don’t like is the attitudes I'm seeing towards all Muslims because of rioters. Were all Afro-Americans blamed for the acts of rioters in L.A.? Was the local police blamed for being unable to stop them?

Imagine if those who were rioting in L.A. were trained killers. Can you imagine how much worse it would have been? The rioters in Syria and Lebanon where embassies were burnt down were trained killers. In those countries it is compulsory to serve in the military. I would think the local police were overpowered by a mob of angry, ignorant, trained killers.

I’m I going to hold these acts against the billion plus world population of Muslims?
No.
Am I going to live in fear that my next door neighbor is going burn down my house because he is Muslim?
No.
Do I have to worry that my daughter’s Muslim class mates are going to bring bombs to school? Again,
No.

When we start blaming all Muslims for the actions of those rioting Muslims, then we will be just like those rioting Muslims… hate filled and ignorant.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
I fear a backlash from normal people soon it seems things are happening hourly rather than daily with riots bombings protests etc.

A reasonable fear to have. After all, I think I know what would happen if the muslims started rioting and destroying the property of innocent people near where I live. Especially if it was over something totally stupid like a few cartoons.

The muslims that are against these sort of insane actions need to stop being silent, or stop whispering in protest and make themselves heard louder than the rioters.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

IAlso the cartoon someone produced which was agaisnt christianity, it was not a cartoon saying jesus was a pedo, but more about the pedofilia problem we have in our christian priest community.
Also if a muslim country was producing cartoons depicting jesus with a bomb in his head, i think we would see backlash from the christian community. No it wouldnt be riots like the muslims are doing, it would be shot down in the christian owned media, and warped into a pro-west story.

So, exactly how many people would be killed, injured or have their property destroyed after this so-called "pro-west story"?

That's right. Exactly zero.

Also interesting how you as a muslim (or muslim apologist) can so easily explain away the "meaning" of an anti-Christian cartoon, while people in the muslim world seem willing to do anything but listen to explanations. Ever hear the term "level playing field"?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
How do non-muslims feel? Simple- we feel Islam is showing itself to be a religion of violence, hypocrisy, and that Muslims are probably lying about their true intentions. If that's what Islam is about is not what was asked, just saying how most people feel.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
How do I feel about rioting muslin, well they are expressing their rights given to them by the countries that they live in.

If the governments in these countries are not doing anything about their behavior then. . . why we in the west should care about it. Right?

As long as in not in my nice neck of the woods I am just fine.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have nothing against Muslims--I just don't like Islam.

Now that being said, I think someone PURPOSELY stirred up a huge hornet's next. Remember--our government is yapping non-stop about wanting to attack Iran. They need an excuse.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
I think it would be fair to say that living conditions in places like Palistine and Lebanon are a long way from what you see in your average Western country.....In terms of literacy levels and education, some of these countries are close to 200 years behind what we take for granted...

...please remember 200-300 years ago,Christianity was flouted with the same extremist fervour

Could the difference be that people in western countries generally work hard to better themselves and their living conditions, doing whatever it takes within their society? All we seem to see in the middle east is people killing each other and destroying things, so that people are constantly having to start over. No wonder.

And please. Your argument about Christianity in the past being extremist is so weak. That's right, it was the past, and it was more like 800 to 1,000 years ago. But you know what? The middle east didn't just appear yesterday. It was here all along. It's civilization was even considered ahead of the west during the dark ages. So, I don't think the middle east deserves some sort of pass for being backwards and uncivilized. Looks to me like you've done it to yourselves based on your religious beliefs and now you seem to want to drag the rest of the world down there with you.

Not having any of that.

[edit on 2/7/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How do I feel about rioting muslin, well they are expressing their rights given to them by the countries that they live in.

marg,

No government gives anyone - citizen or non-citizen - the "right" to riot (kill, injure and destroy property). Where did you come up with that load of crap. Should I ask for a link, or am I supposed to believe it's factual based merely on the fact that you wrote it?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My point of view,

You know, in all seriousness, and no matter how backwards they may be, how extreme, it is a mortal sin to see Mohammed desacrated (sp) never mind in a cartoon. I know its ridiculous, but this is how that religion feels.

Dont get me wrong, i am not a sympathizer of terrorists (surprise) but to religious fanatics, this is worse than exploding a nuclear bomb in their air space.

These people are being instigated to revolt yet more and more on a daily basis- It is also an open invitation for more terrorism in my point of view.

I say cut the crap, dont publish any more "cartoons" that are offensive to the Muslim faith.

WE, the western world, the most civilized, the most powerful of nations, the ones who should set and establish an example dont do that. Instead we INSTIGATE THE HELL out of these cavemen, the sorry bastards, and sink to their standards. *By my comments i mean the "terrorists" and not all Muslims*

You can throw stones at me- I'll be waiting right here

[edit on 7-2-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
marg,

No government gives anyone - citizen or non-citizen - the "right" to riot (kill, injure and destroy property). Where did you come up with that load of crap. Should I ask for a link, or am I supposed to believe it's factual based merely on the fact that you wrote it?

From the same crap that obviously the countries where the riotings are occurring are bathing themselves while allowing the BS from the rioters take over their countries.

Don't you think is a lot of crap.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
From the same crap that obviously the countries where the riotings are occurring are bathing themselves while allowing the BS from the rioters take over their countries.

Don't you think is a lot of crap.

To be honest, when you get worked up over a subject, it is sometimes very difficult to understand what you are trying to say. This seems to be one of those times for me. I didn't understand any of what you just posted.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
...please remember 200-300 years ago,Christianity
was flouted with the same extremist fervour

The Crusades were more like 7-800 years ago.
It was wrong then as well.
Just because it happened 700 years ago isn't
an excuse to allow it now.
Supposedly we are better educated and
further along than those of 700 years past.

[edit on 2/7/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Very simple centurion the reason that is riotings in some of European countries is because the governments in those countries are not doing anything to stop the rioters.

You want me to be honest, I will but my honesty will seem harsh this time.

I said take the darn rioters pack them in boxes and mail them to the countries the came from.

Let them have it in their own lands, there they can burn, destroy any property they want because it will be in their own lands.

How about that.

I am so sick and tire of the " We most be sensitive and we should not do nothing to offend Them that is making me gag every time I see the news on tv.

How about overy time one of them kill he or herself while killing anybody around because they are in mission.

Can somebody give me a frickin break.

OK, I feel much better now, did I offended anybody yet?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join