It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird thing on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Okay I saw this commercial on TV. Well actually I heard it. I can't remember the exact words but it said something like this,

"If your family ever experiences an emergency or disaster, make sure you have a plan."

Is this supposed to be some sort of subliminal thing? To tell us a disaster is going to happen? Or what? I was chilled at the thought.

I don't know. Just my observations. I definetely think the news is trying to tell us something. Everything from chemtrails to disasters. Subliminally. Some of the subliminal stuff they tell us is good. ex: chemtrails. But stuff about disasters I question.

PS: the reason I heard it not saw it, was because I went up to get a snack and I by the time I turned around it was on to the next commercial.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think the message is very clear - in the event of an unexpected emergeancy, it's good to have a plan. It is. It is very useful. If you live in an appartment, for example, and a fire were to break out - you and your family could get separated in the confusion. A plan would be where to go to exit the building, and where to meet afterwards.

Or if you live in Tornado Valley, having an emergeancy plan for a tornado strike is useful.

Or if you live out on the west coast, an earthquake plan.

Basically, there's nothing subliminal about it. People face horrible situations every day (such as theft). An emergeancy plan DOES help, and so the government/news tries to set up something that will reduce the costliness of these events, or to catch criminals, which is in turn good for the economy, and good for their public support.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I live in Alabama, which has a high number of tornados and military bases, and I can tell you that this type of commercial runs fairly regularly. Since we usually have a lot of damage during tornado season, severe weather planning goes on year-round.

Probably nothing sinister, but I can see why you'd think that.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
over here are also running similar campaigns. Mostly directed at smoke alarms and have an escape route in case of a domestic fire. They also put on demonstrations of how to cope with household blazes. As we tend not to have too many weather related emergencies I dont recal anything mentioned about that - but poossibly in low lying or flood prone areas it would not surprise me to see warning of this nature issued by the Environment Agency (responsible for river and flood management here in the UK).

With terror attacks etc the government did issue a leaflet to all residential addresses some time last year - though I don't recall ever reading my copy.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't know. That's good thinking, though! People were so unprepared for Hurricane Katrina, so it's probably a good thing to be prepared. I live in Hurricane country, so every year, I try to buy food, water, batteries, etc. I have so many candles, from several years of saving up, ha ha!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
In my town though, nothing bad can happen pretty much. I mean besides a fire. Usually if your house is on fire, you know what to do

I mean If you were trapped inside then maybe you should have a plan but besides that, you don't really need a plan.

Worst things that could happen in my city:

Earthquake: we have not had a big enough one to do damage in a while.

Fire: Usually doesn't get to houses, but in some cases it does.

Flood: this is pretty much impossible but there are a few chances. We get very little rainfall, so the creeks don't overflow enough to do too much damage either.

Just saying, its an odd commercial for where I live.

top topics

join