It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing for Valentines? *Need Advice aswell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just would like to know if you're planning on doing some thing special and unique for your "love"?

Besides that I would like some advice from you older peeps....

Theirs this girl....and well we have been friends for the past year and a half and well I'm thinking about asking her out to prom...and valentines all in the same day... This is what I'm planning on doing...

I'm going to decorate her room,

first off i'm going to spread a crap load of rose petals across her floor, I'm going to have a crap load of helium ballons, some chocolates sent to her by mail, a huge teddy bear on her bed, some confetti on the floor with messages like "Be Mine" " Prom?" etc, and vases full of roses of course. I think I'll have either the bible or book of mormon opened up and a sweet scripture about love or friendship highlighted on her bed. And a card of course

And I think i'll have "Berlin -Take My Breath Away" on repeat on the back ground. (Know of any other 80's love songs, please state so, I was thinking about Sting-Every Breath you take" But I just don't know)

I already asked her mom for permission she said its okay. I just want to know if i'm missing anything, any new ideas "prefebally cheap" are welcomed, and thank you!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Whoa Poison, that sounds like a bit much for someone you're not together with; but heck, you know your situation better than I do, so don't bother listening to me discourage you if you know what you're doing.

I am eager to share what I have in store tho and see what opinions I might get or just lend some ideas to some folks around here.
We've been together for almost a year now (we got together after last year's V-day). My gf has never had another bf, never got flowers/roses and suspects that i'm up to something rather devious (I drop some hints and accidental blurbs here and there just for the tease).
Monday, i'm just going to go by her work with a bunch of roses for her. Yea....i'll have to endure walking around carrying a bunch of flowers (and possibly some comments and whatnot), but what the heck. I'm not out to impress anyone and nobody'll remember who the hell I am the next day anyways. She'll be the only one to remember.
The next day (which is V-day), we're gonna meet around 10am. I know of a giant park nearby with a lake and all, so I was gonna bring something to eat there, have lunch, prolly sleep a lil and just enjoy the quiet and hob-knob around a lil.
Afterwards, i'm gonna pick up two of our friends (also a couple) and we're all going to a Wine/Cigar club that we both like for some drinks, cards and whatnot. About 50 yards up the street is a movie theater where we all will catch a movie.
Once that's finished, i'm gonna leave our two friends off and head over to my house. I was gonna make a fire in the big fire urn, pull up a sleeping bag next to it and the pool, make sure the dogs are inside and the area is clean, and make some smores (hey, we aren't that old...yet). Then afterwards, we just enjoy and I leave her off at home.
It really sucks tho....she has to be home before 930pm. We're in college, but she lives with her folks and her pops is a real pain about her 10pm curfew. Like really really bad, we're not gonna chance her pop's fury again.

Yea well anyways, that's what I have in store. Lol, she has no idea what's coming.

PS: We bought each other gifts. She's gothic and i'm punk-ish, so i'm getting her tall boots and she's getting me a belt made to look like a belt of machine gun bullets. We both know what we're getting each other, so it's not really a suprise.....*shrugs* we both made sure we're getting each other exactly what we wanted.

Ciao.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's hard to celebrate VD Day when you're thousands of miles apart. My other half is in another country, so it's hard to celebrate. That's also my daughters bday (from the psycho ex). It's also the day I fly to DC for a job interview. Too much to do.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
First off, Zaphod, good luck with the job interview, man. Kick some arse.

I don't really like days such as, Valentine's Day. I don't need a day to remind me to show my girlfriend how much I love her or whatever, I do it everyday. Well, when I actually have a girlfriend that is.

It's just a day for the shop-owners to get rich. Anyway, I don't know what I'm doing for it... probably nothing. I'm a few days away from telling a good friend of mine how I feel about her so we'll have to see.

Good luck with your Valentine's Day, Poison.
There's nothing better than surprising your lady, I'm sure she'll love what you have planned for her.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
zaphod, sorry to know U won't be with your wife, but I'm sure you'll be more than making up for it soon enough
And good luck on the job again, it's yours!

well my baby's gonna be here on Friday so we'll be spending it together, and it's a first for me. I don't doubt it will be just as special as every other day we're together but I am pondering something extra nice to do

And no U haven't missed anything dear
I think that she will love that

[edit on 6-2-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm actually having the same issue--- My boyfriend's all excited about what he's planning on doing... But I have no clue!

Now normally I wouldn't worry about V-Day and just whatever... But his birthday is three days before!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I hope your plan works Poison, it sounds like your putting in plenty of effort. I just hope she's the type who'll appreciate it and not the type who'll get terrified and confused at the whole situation. I think you'll do just fine

As for my Valentines Day, I'm of the opinion that Valentines Day is for School Kids (and Card/Gift companys, of course). When your reaching the dating age, Valentines day is always good for "gauging your success", sending anonymous cards or asking out someone you've liked for ages. Thats all it's good for, Schoolkids being introduced to the world of Romance.

Once your an Adult I should think you've already learned how to show affection, and not just once a year. I can't remember the last day that went by where me and my SO (Not skeptic overlord) didn't say I Love You more than a dozen times (Romance haters feel free to stick fingers down throats), and gifts are much more romantic when they are random and spontaneous, not expected on a set "Romance" day. But each to their own

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I hate Valentines day... But I'm a cynical, lonely bastard.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I couldn't suggest anything different Poison, she'd be a fool to reject you - guys like us know how to treat a girl.

As for what I'm doing on valentines day, nothing - I only have to go to school and see the only girl I ever loved with her new
boyfriend!

Anyway good luck Poison - how could she say no?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
I hate Valentines day... But I'm a cynical, lonely bastard.

Join the club. Valentines day is a creation from card companys. Women fell for the marketing hook line and sinker leaving us men to come up with new ideas every year.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think its lovely what your planning on doing for this girl, and i think she will love every minute of it.

I personally think valentines day is a bit over rated but them little surprises are nice sometimes.

But as xeroxed88 said you dont need one day to show someone how much you like or love them.

I think what your planning will defiantly get you brownie points

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I love Valentines day. Go into any bar and hand one of those cheap, corny grade school style Valentines to any lady sitting alone with a witty "will you be my Valentine" and after a few Tequila sunrises; you may be on your way to a Romantic interlude. If you already have a Valentine; a simple sentiment like this is usually appreciated along with a very expensive trinket.

Sailor, give this technique a try and your cynicism and loneliness will be a thing of the past. No guarantees; but what's the worst that could happen?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Sailor, give this technique a try and your cynicism and loneliness will be a thing of the past. No guarantees; but what's the worst that could happen?

Already workin' on it my man... Except I dunno if I can do the "be my Valentine part." I'll just buy the lonely gal some shots. *wink*

If she's nice I'll buy her breakfast!!!

[edit on 12-2-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Poisen just a quick suggestion...

Instead of a bible passage how about some poetry? Shakespear or somthing like that.

As for my valentine's day, we have school but the next weekend were going to a flea market then to the beach.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Instead of a bible passage how about some poetry? Shakespear or somthing like that.

Here, if you're looking for a good quote, piece of poetry or whatnot on love, this might help.
www.1-love-quotes.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So how did it go Poison?

top topics

join