It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liberals are scuppered...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They now got Sir "Ming" Menzie leading them after the other two were exposed for being gays. Not that it should matter, but if they were honest, they might have had a chance. No wonder Charlie drank. :/ The Liberal Party is a bloody joke.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Maybe not quite so scuppered afterall, bit 'out of touch' on this one, eh MacDonagh?

The Liberal Democrats have delivered a blow to the government by winning the Dunfermline and West Fife by-election.

BY-ELECTION RESULT
Willie Rennie (Lib Dem) 12,391
Catherine Stihler (Lab) 10,591
Douglas Chapman (SNP) 7,261
Carrie Ruxton (Cons) 2,702
John McAllion (SSP) 537
James Hargreaves (SCP) 411
Thomas Minogue (AFBTP) 374
Ian Borland (UKIP) 208
Dick Rodgers (CG) 103

news.bbc.co.uk...

- That's some surprising - and bad - result for Labour, maybe the Scots are still extremely pis*ed off about Iraq?

Even more disappointment for Camerons tories (but I imagine that is to be expected) and the SNP did worse than I expected.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Heh, I watched the Politics Now programme on Thursday, and spluttered into my tea. That was indeed a big shock. But that's what Labour deserved. The reason they lost that seat was because of massive job losses that happened in that area. When a party that is supposed to be protecting the workers isn't. Then things will get difficult.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think the Liberals will always be the Party of choice for 'The Protest Vote' whether it be disillusioned Tories or Labour voters because people know that their vote will not get the Liberals into government under our voting system, so its a safe protest.

They must be realing under the all the recent turmoil concerning the Party whether they admit it or not.

new topics

top topics

join