It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the edit button gone ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I noticed the edit button is missing. Is this a new development? Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just on holidays, or has it "left the building" ? Just wondering. Thanks.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by fingapointa]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
But, then again.. I just edited my original post.
However, when I go to one of my posts in a different thread, the edit button is missing.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
After a while the edit button times out, you only have a certain amount of time after the time of posting to edit your post.Hope this helps

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
I noticed the edit button is missing.

It only does the vanishing act after 2 hours.

Basically, if you've just posted something and you realize you made some bad typos, or worded something poorly, you can go back and change it after proofreading. The edit button is great for that.

Unfortunately, sometimes you posted something and a week later you want to go back and change something. By that time 30 people have replied to you and editing would kinda botch things up and confuse everyone wouldn't it?

Having a time limit on there allows us all to fix out silly unavoidable mistakes without ruing the flow of the threads.

Hope that helps!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Cool. thanks for the speedy replies dude's. I neva thunk of it that way
Yeah it prevents "time travel" too. It could be a WMD in the predictions and prophecies forum.

new topics

top topics

join