It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dateline's Online Pedophile Sting Nets Big Results - Great Stuff!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I normally despise the MSM (mainstream media) because of their policies and politics. It seems like more and more they're filling viewers' heads with nonsense and detaching them from reality.

So when I saw this story, it was very refreshing. It's long, (10 pages) but well worth the read. Dateline did a great thing here (for the third time apparently), they were instrumental in keeping bad men away from innocent victims. It's often said that there are more officers in the underage chatrooms than there are teens, and it's probably true. Most likely there are a couple of offiers chatting each other up right now without even knowing it.

The sting is a great way to trap these predators and protect children. No entrapment ever takes place, if you look at the logs the predators are always the initiators and the 'children' never try to lead the conversation. The criminals in these instances don't need to be entrapped, because they're falling all over themselves trying to commit a crime.

What's so illuminating about this sting is the wide range of people that were netted. In total it was 50 people I think, including, get this, a rabbi, a federal agent, and a school teacher (at least 1 IIRC). Almost all were white males, but they ranged in age from 19 to mid-60's. Clearly this is a problem that cuts across the entire social spectrum, and effects every class and profession.

I support these stings, and I especially support the tireless volunteers who spend countless hours online identifying predators and liasoning with LEO's. They don't get a lot of monetary support (the vast majority are unpaid), and maybe that should change. Does anyone else think it's a good idea to create a non-profit charity fund to pay the expenses of online investigators engaging in these sorts of operations?

[edit on 4-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 4-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
They have shown the video on tv before and its sickening to watch these men from all walks of life, perverts, they deserve to be humiliated.

How about the nut that stripped off his clothes in the kitchen, and the next day was back on the internet trying to set up a date again???

I'd have more respect for these animals if they went out and bought a sheep or a goat for love.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Dateline with the help of Perverted Justice workers have nabbed over 100 Pedophiles, Perverted Justice workers as far as I'm concerned has done more to get these child-molesters off the streets and away from our children, than the police has ever done, because of the help that these workers do to protect the children from these animals, I decided to become a member of the Perverted Justice group and am willing to help out in anyway I can to get these people off the streets.

This was the 3rd dateline show on this topic, the one they did a few months ago where the guy stripped,lol, dateline was a bit surprised to find this guy coming out of a McDonalds and busted him again.

A reasonable person would think that being caught once would be enough but to be caught twice within a 24 hour period says a lot for how sick this pedophile really is and how desperate he was to get his hands on a child.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That is by far one of the greatest things I have seen from the media. Ever.

What struck me most was how these pedophiles were so intimidated by Chris Hansen. He's a reporter for goodness sake, and these guys are bowing just at the sight of him! Their reactions and looks are simply priceless.

I've decided to join Perverted Justice myself because it proves that we can do something about it and we must, as citizens, do something about it.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It was a great show and very frightening as a parent. If it did nothing else, it helped raise awarness to these things

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good stuff!

I now recommend Hansen turn around and start investigating the media industry itself (ie, TV, print etc). Any of these names ring a bell:

Matilda (do the research on this one - it's very sad - a child role was given for "services" rendered)
Brooke Shields (I remember in 79/80 there was a nude calendar of Brooke (she was approx 12) being sold in Playboy, Penthouse or Mayfair magazine...can't remember the mag exactly)
Tracy Lords (did underage xxx then starred in 90210)

I recall recently on David Lettermen how he was interviewing Precilla Presley and it was revealed how she was 14 when Elvis was 25...

Lettermen said "Oh, at least that doesn't happen in hollywood these days" and Precilla responded by saying "oh, yes it does".

The sooner the media stop peddling sex (ie advertisements etc) and using children to do this as well, then the better it will be for all.

Cheers

JS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is men going after both sexes. As long as they're young, they dont care!

Its very sickening. And they look like your average Joe. Nasty.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is men going after both sexes. As long as they're young, they dont care!

Its very sickening. And they look like your average Joe. Nasty.

The federal agent was the one that struck me the most. Goodness gracious...

The man interviewing him said it best; he gave every single police officer in the world a bad name.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It was the high school teacher that gave me the most fear. I think most of us females remember the very few pervy teachers in school. The internet just gives these people a steady outlet of victims

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
sweatmonicaido

That is by far one of the greatest things I have seen from the media. Ever.

Yeah, I agree. I was thinking the exact same thing when I posted this thread actually, just how cool it was to see the media doing something besides putting people to sleep.

What struck me most was how these pedophiles were so intimidated by Chris Hansen. He's a reporter for goodness sake, and these guys are bowing just at the sight of him! Their reactions and looks are simply priceless.

I think there's something to this..think about the psychological profile of the average child molester. Why do they pick children? Is it because they are intimidated by social interactions with adults? I think so. Could this be a possible avenue for treatment? Maybe improving their social abilities would reduce their longing for underage partners?

I'm not sure, but your comment got me thinking. I looked back at some other sickos in the news, and for the most part they were all timid and softspoken. It was like they were runts in the litter, and couldn't handle sexual relations (or any kind of relations for that matter) with people their own age.

I can't imagine any reason to sleep with a child with the exception of control. That's gotta be the draw, right? These pervs want someone they can control, and someone they have nothing to fear from. It would seem to fit with their reactions, when confronted.

I've decided to join Perverted Justice myself because it proves that we can do something about it and we must, as citizens, do something about it.

Am I the only one who thinks they could have chosen a better name for their organization?
Seriously though, good for you.
You'll have to let us know if you ever 'sting' someone.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Perverted Justice is a funny way of naming this organization.

That Homeland Security guy was just too much. I wonder what kind of background check was performed on him to qualify for that job??
This wasnt the first time this guy did this.

"Honest, i lost my head, i never done this kind of thing before"

Remember the song, "Low rent Romance, Low rent rendezvous?????"

Its an oldie.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think Datelines response to this sort of perversion is just what it takes to get these sick sob's where they need to be: Either whacked or in jail. Its a true shame that children are vunerable these sick (I would not even call them people) animals. By the exposure given by Dateline to the general public, I sure hope it forces the parents of young children to focus on their online experience's in a positive manner. I'm glad my two boys are grown becasue I'd go postal if they were younger and subjected to online preditors. I also think that if the parents are going to allow their children online they should severly limit their access to only well known clean websites.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

By the exposure given by Dateline to the general public, I sure hope it forces the parents of young children to focus on their online experience's in a positive manner.

I'll second that hope.

I also think that if the parents are going to allow their children online they should severly limit their access to only well known clean websites.

The MySpace connection is important also, and shouldn't be overlooked. Apparently kids/teens are posting all kinds of personal information and pictures. It's probably like window shopping for pedophiles, these kids are putting pictures, adresses, schedules, info on activities and likes/dislikes that may aid in abducting them or starting a friendship. Parents should ensure their children don't compromise their own safety by posting too much information on their blogs or MySpace or wherever.

The less random strangers know about you, the better, I would think.

In general watchful, caring, intelligent parents make all the difference. People have to seriously look after their kids. If everyone did, there would be very little oppurtunity for predators like these guys.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I think there's something to this..think about the psychological profile of the average child molester. Why do they pick children? Is it because they are intimidated by social interactions with adults? I think so. Could this be a possible avenue for treatment? Maybe improving their social abilities would reduce their longing for underage partners?

I'm not sure, but your comment got me thinking. I looked back at some other sickos in the news, and for the most part they were all timid and softspoken. It was like they were runts in the litter, and couldn't handle sexual relations (or any kind of relations for that matter) with people their own age.

I can't imagine any reason to sleep with a child with the exception of control. That's gotta be the draw, right? These pervs want someone they can control, and someone they have nothing to fear from. It would seem to fit with their reactions, when confronted.

That's a good point you bring up. However, remember that a large portion of these men are actually married with children. Therefore, its tough to say for sure whether inability to interact with people their age is the reason for their actions. I do see your point, I had trouble interacting with people my age at one point so I resorted to younger people, but that doesn't really fit the case of most of these men, who, as I said, have families.

Am I the only one who thinks they could have chosen a better name for their organization?
Seriously though, good for you.
You'll have to let us know if you ever 'sting' someone.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

Perverted Justice is perfect, I think. Very catchy.

I won't be stinging anybody for a long time, though. They're very selective about it and I'm gonna have to participate on their forums for a long time before I even get an opportunity to participate.

I suggest everyone else join as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

I suggest everyone else join as well.

That is an excellent suggestion ! Another suggestion is to go online pretending to be a 12-14 yr old and just sit and wait for something to happen in the chatrooms for kids as some of us do just to see if a pervert tries to hit on ya so ya can see "first hand" what really goes on. It's an experience you'll never forget

We just had a murder trial end here in Iowa 1 1/2 weeks ago. The animal got "life", but deserved the "death penalty" IMHO,... he kidnapped a 10 yr old girl just 5 blocks from where I live, took her out to an old abanded trailor-house, brutially sexually assualted her and killed her, the law found him in the trailor and found her stuffed under the bathroom sink. This animal's brother is going to trial here real soon for molesting this same little girl since she was 6 or 7 yrs old before his murderer brother killed her.
It's rumored that the killer did what he did to the child because of the child's mother turning his brother in for molesting the child and getting the guy arrested. I'm looking for the law and county atty to connect the killer's deed to his brother and nail the brother for conspiring to end the child's life so she could not testify against him in court. Both those animals need put to death for what they did to her.

We need harsher laws for these type of people that prey on innocent children not just one time but all the time.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
WHY WOULD A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR DO IT?????????????

WHAT THE?

I think something is up. Why do all these men do this? I mean I wouldn't want to do this. (I'm a guy) Why would a HOMELAND SECURITY man want to do this? He knows its wrong!

I think after wathing some of these disgusting men attempt to do have it with a 13 or 12 year old boy/girl that there must be some sort of mind control. I mean there has to be. Some of these people are freakin MARRIED! Just really really really strange to me. If they really want to do this, why don't they just do it with their wife? Its like :S ?

top topics

join