It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isle of Demons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is some very interesting stuff, but it's pretty much impossible to find any info on this. Could there have once been an island filled with demons and beasts ?

Link 1

MARGARET OF ANGOULÊME

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Souns like the basis of LOST to me...Either way sounds intersting

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
umm, way freeky. id be very worried..... but maybe it isnt tru..... nawwwww.....maybe its lost.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
cool find.

Perhaps sailors saw strange animals and such on the islands and thought that they were demons. Islands have much stranger and wilder animals than the mainland sometimes, such as the Galapagos Islands.

Great white sharks tend to stay near islands too, because of easy prey like seals. When they attack seals, they breach. Breaching is when they thrust their bodies upwards and completely leave the water for a second:

Plus, sailors and travelers back then were known to exagerate what they saw, so when a map maker heard of these horrible tales he could only find one word to fit these descriptions: demon

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Nice find

Perhaps this Isle was part of a volcanic land mass that just simply sank back under the ocean.

Below is a chart of Newfoundland done in 1775 by James Cook.

Here is a link to a much larger version of this map. You can see Belle Isle, but no Isle of Demons.

Larger map www.heritage.nf.ca...

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
According to this, the island today is known as Fogo Island, at least they have the same story has taking place in that island.

In this map you can see the location of Fogo Island.

If it is the same or not, I do not know.

Edit: this site show better where the island is. Also it show another smaler island called "Little Fogo".

[edit on 5/2/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Great whites only jump out of the water in South African water's by seal island in Cape Town.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Great whites only jump out of the water in South African water's by seal island in Cape Town.

actually i saw a documentary where they tested that theory. they went all over the world and got great whites to jump in almost any spot they went.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here's a bit about the island, it appeared on maps starting in the early 16th century, while exploration of the region was just beginning.

Although I haven't seen any later maps, as exploration in the area continued, the island is said to have moved bit by bit. Eventually the island was removed completely. It is just one of many islands that were rumored to have existed, but never actually seen.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by berglion]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Uhhh... it is now known as quirpoon island and is REAL ive seen it. no demons!!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Uhhh... it is now known as quirpoon island and is REAL ive seen it. no demons!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
i would have to agree wih blue soldier. There have been many other accounts of strange noises from islands. Most likely just noises from creatures that they had'nt discovered yet. Exaggerations im sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm just curious- I mean, most christian descrpitions have monstrous creatures with cloven feet and very little individuality, all in all.
Then again, humans have very little individuality, appearance wise anyway, so whatever.
But the appearances in Japan very widely. For instance, walking turtles with bowles on their head that loved cucumbers call Kuppa.
And then there are the Rakshasas. Ooooh, pretty tiger thingies from the middle east area I think. They act that way, anyways.
And then, in japanese comices, demons are generally depicted:
a) Giant animals with horns.
b) (and more frequently) totally human, with maybe oddly colored eyes.
But maybe I'm just fantasizing on that last bit. . .

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
awh this is SOOO interesting....

that bit on one of the links I read about the French woman abandoned on the island was soooo cool... well not for her

But if she managed to live for like 2 years on the island.... wouldn't she have been eaten or something? if there were deamons like.... ya know...

just a thought!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nothing quite out of the ordinary there. Perhaps it was absorbed by a volanic eruption or ran into a fault line? I doubt there were any demons there. As said, it was probably some folk lore from sailors or the like.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
WOW Ok, now this is intreseting cause I live in NS and never even once heard of a demon island...
how did u find this?

u got me interested in this island!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I also live in NS an I saw an episode on this island on the tv show Creepy Canada. There an island in Halifax harbor called Devil's Island, lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
wow freaky freaky stuff here or there.

top topics

join