It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sixth Sense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Imagine that you're part of company #1 having a meeting with company #2. So there may be around 10 people altogether at the meeting table to discuss the prospect of merging business alliances. In company #1, you are a regular employee on the surface but one person (a higher up) knows of your extra (six sense) abilities & wants you to utilize them in this meeting to determine whether or not company #2 makes a good alliance. No one else needs to know. It's just between you & the high up in company #1.

But halfway thru the meeting, someone from company #2 locks eye contact with you. You've just been busted by a fellow "six senser" from the other party. At this point, you want to do 1 of 2 things, break out in laughter or hide under the table.

I wonder how often this happens or is it becoming more prevalent? I think most six sensers who are part of the corporate world remain in the closet as much as possible.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Usually you simply acknowledge each other with a nod, and left it unsaid...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
No offense but I am confused about the term sixth sense. What does it refer to and how would you use it in daily interaction.

Your story is interesting and since the corporate world seems only a little less competitive than most militaries these days believable.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I equate it to enhanced intuition & being psychic.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Okay. Many people already have intuition I believe even if they don't.

Psychic is not so simple but means so many things.

So how do you know someone else is psychic? do you feel it? is it probing from them that you feel? just curious

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
what about the abilty to be a good judge of charictor when you meet somebody in person...

or the ability to suppress emotions...

open mindedness???

are these 6th sence abilitys?

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
BR,

I would call these qualities more in the line of intuition myself.

these should be qualities that most of us posess but are not developed because society encourages us to ignore them or denegrates them.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I believe it's possible to notice those around us with related abilities, but not to the extent where it seems almost MGM like.."People walking through the store connecting eyes and "knowing" that they both possess a certain psychic ability" I think it's strong like this when both people are connected, strongly or paying great attention to their instincts and seeking out those who are on that same level.

An example, a silly one, but nonetheless; I went to a psychic a few years ago and could no more sense that she was psychic then a hole in the wall. I felt nothing of the sort from her. Does it mean she wasn't/isn't psychic? No, there just wasn't a link between the two of us and she also had a very difficult time reading me. It was a waste of time and money.

I believe most people have a psychic blocking mechanism that they regularly adjust depending on the situation.

Questor, your situation seems fine, but could have moved into a danger zone..I would be a little more subdued with your abilities in the future. Use your abilities to strengthen your control on who can sense them and not. This can become beneficial in the long run and keep you out of trouble. Also this form of control is fun to work on, and even empowers what you already posess..

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
yes im phycic and yes one someone walks into the room that is also phycic you can feel it

it feels like somethings on your sholder's/back

i just made a thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i think it should be moved to paranormal can any mods do this for me please?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
yes im phycic and yes one someone walks into the room that is also phycic you can feel it
it feels like somethings on your sholder's/back
i just made a thread:

This really proves nothing of the sort. Someone who is intuitive or empathetic CAN sense things from others, this does not mean that the person you are sensing IS psychic..You have to/need to learn control over these abilities in order to differentiate between these sensations. In order for progression anyway..

If one is not in control of ones abilities, things can become misconstrued and thus dangers can evolve from the tiniest mistake..I highly recommend gaining control for these very reasons..but to each his/her own

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
ya... everyne can do theys things is just kinda like learning how to control a very unstable bike...

iv been looking for "help" but it seams like there all in it for *money*

its like having a "energyfeald" it feels like something is ticklying your back...

I have learnd that this ablity can be dangerus the hardway...

now its not *fun* becouse it saps the energy out of you..

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
now its not *fun* becouse it saps the energy out of you..

Exactly! But it isn't *it* that is sapping energy from you, it's those around you that you are willingly sending it to. This is what I meant by control, as this type of behavior can take a toll on you and your abilities..Basically you are an open door, letting your energy just flow out for those accepting, to just suck it from you. Think of a hot summer day and you are running the airconditioner, would you just leave the door wide open for all that energy to escape???

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
the latest thing that happend to me that almost made me cry,

a kid at school that was often absent from school, but on monday last week when i went to school and i could just "feel" something was wrong

the next day he came to school, i was handing him a book when his hand tuched mine and i saw his dad saying

"im here"

the kid looked at me like he saw a ghost,

he hasnt come to school since then i was standing and talking to my friend when a "populer" nice guy walked up and we got to talken

i said what happend to "the kid" he said "man, his dad died"

i was SHOCKED

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Dmsoldier~ your example proves what I'm trying to convey to you..that may seem harmless in nature, to you but look at the outcome.

Also, you may have a different form of psychic ability, as there are many waves, shapes and forms. There are just so many ways these abilities can present themselves within someone. I suggest you do some research, find out all you can whether they contradict or not..as sometimes both sides are right to a certain extent..good luck!

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
ahh i seam to be a jack of all trades

iv experince almost every typ of ablity, but i have no controle

but its not like im a wreckless trail lol cuss most of the time the train isnt even moven

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
the original meme reminds me of the film 'SCANNERS'

underlying premis....all those 'involved' with this sixth sense ability, specifically using it for corporate/military purposes...
...makes that person a (nefarious- sp?) person.
Their whole life is a constant rage, coverup, & scheme of pretense...having to 'look over your shoulder', plot, and consume your life in (subtrifuge-sp?)

my take on empath/impath= [a puppy or kitten or fawn,
with 'doeful eyes'...is an 'illusion' created by & for yourself...just another example of many 'tranference' events]

there is actually, however, a 'universal conscious' that we all may tap into...some tap-in frequently, others' can tap-in only rarely->
that, i think, is a case for a 'sixth sense' phenomenia.

U want Proof?? where were all these psychics prior to 9-11??? I have heard of only 1 person, in Phoenix, during the 1st Gulf War (1991) tell of a future OK City bombing(mistook as Kansas City), & the 10 years out WTC/Pentagon/WashMonument attacks on 9-11

hey, maybe all of youse that posted are being scanned right now...

HAVE A NICE DAY....

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Is a reward for faith and being alert,nothing more.
A kind of divine protective alarm system,if you don't have it you may be doing something wrong.
Scientific study does nothing to describe it's existence,and if it does the results are suppressed.
Trust in science is lack of faith,the problem here is that too many people forget that science is not what came first,intelligence did.
Science is used to explain the unexplainable,in an effort to get credit for something the scientists did not create,and cannot explain.
In the worst of situations,scientific knowledge will not help anyone,it comes down to the will to persevere and the motivation to take control of a situation,there is a lot of technology developed through scientific experimentation,but we were here before that technology existed.
Science will not guarantee the survival of anyone,but there are always those who will use it to control others.
Sixth Sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i pick up good and bad, or no nuetral as i think they are vibes from people, and places quite alot....

places generally that seam to have good vibes are the sea... the forrest.. or any large open green area...

places where i pick up bad vibes ussually old buildings, churches.. hospitals.. schools...sometimes old streets.. ocassionally things like wells... or caves give good and bad vibes...

i dunno what that means i just think its normal..

ussually aswell within a small time talking to somebody i can pick up vibes from them.. ussually good judge of people...

sometimes i only have to look a person in the eyes.. and bam.. i feel funny... other times i feel relaxed when i look in peoples eyes...

when i talk to people though they relate and understand what im saying... yet they dont seam to be as good judge of charictor and seamed to be easily convinced by a bad vibe person, that the bad vibe person is nice ect ect...

is this pyshic..? i never think of it as... but i do get mixed feelings from looking different people in the eyes...

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
another thing is... this doesnt work at all on the phone or over the internet.. i have to be directly face to face with the person for it to work....

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
well, the thing is you cant try to pic up stuff that is half a world away

i can only pic up stuff that is usly with in seeing range,

think of it as a radeowave kinda like

how is it pets know when there owners are coming home?

how do they know when a earthqueke is gonen to
happen? "but they proubly could here the sound wave generated by a earthquke"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join