It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What's your opinion about this creature ?

This unique felid is said to bear distinctly canine characteristics, and is notorious for its gluttonous carnivorous appetites.

Link 1

Link 2

[edit on 4-2-2006 by The Juvey]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In the second link they say that it could be an wolverine.

The fact that it looks like a dog and a cat at the same time may also show that it is a member of the mustelids, like the fossa.

Also, the fact that they used the fur to make caps may show that it was a wolverine, as its fur as the property of not letting the breath become ice.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yeah it probably was a wolverine.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't think wolverines have ever lived in scandinavia.

Its behaviours sound extremely strange. it would eat until nearly bursting, squeeze the food out and then gorge again? odd

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wolverines exit in America and Europe.

From the Wikipedia:

It is currently found primarily in arctic regions such as Alaska, northern Canada, Siberia and Scandinavia. Before the widespread European settlement of North America, however, it was found as far south as California. A small number remain in the Rocky Mountain states. The present worldwide wolverine population is unknown, although it appears that the animal has a very low population density throughout its range, possibly as a result of illegal hunting. Wolverines, especially males, require large home ranges. The wolverine is still trapped for its fur in some parts of its range.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have quite an old book here, titled "Strange Stories, Amazing Facts", and it says that the greedy gulo may have been based on the gluttonous wolverine.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looks like a lion to me?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I don't think wolverines have ever lived in scandinavia.

Its behaviours sound extremely strange. it would eat until nearly bursting, squeeze the food out and then gorge again? odd

Heh im pretty sure they do

In Sweden they go by the name Järv and are found in the nothern parts.
www.umealven.com...

top topics

join