It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress wants Iraq to repay $29b

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
we bomb them........... then we bill them.

yeah that makes sense

The Bush administration fears its ability to win international funds for rebuilding Iraq will be damaged by a strong Congressional push to require Iraq to repay some of Washington's proposed $US20 billion ($29 billion) grant to the country.

no kidding!!!!!!!

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Is there any depth that my government won't sink to?

*sigh*

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Is there any depth that people will go to NOT read what an article says?! People will continually only read and interpret that which they only want to.
I don't agree with 'most' of this Iraq issue but people...please....the use of word games has got to stop.

Quote:
"The Bush administration fears its ability to win international funds for rebuilding Iraq will be damaged by a strong Congressional push to require Iraq to repay some of Washington's proposed $US20 billion ($29 billion) grant to the country...........
The target for Iraq's rebuilding costs is about $US60 billion. Signs are emerging in Congress that a deal will need to be struck to require Baghdad to repay some of the proposed $US20billion in US funding, using Iraq's vast oil reserves"

Is anyone here doubting that Iraq can't pay this once their oil flow really starts cranking? "While the Iraqi oil would produce about $US2.5 billion in revenue this year, by 2005 it could be generating $US20 billion, he said."
These numbers are conservative estiamtes also...I have seen and read numbers in the 30-40 billion a year.'

In respect to this topic, I guess its a matter of unjust or just.....that was the whole reason for bringing this topic to light, right? In such a case, one could have come up with a far better 'example' to use.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The real issue here is that in a competitive environment there would not be a humongously overvalued budget to rebuild infrastructure that cderives from the Bush admin's cronies charging ridiculous sums for projects that they won without bidding.

Iraq will not be paying any of the cronies' bills, I'm confident of that. Those will be met by American taxpayers for the next 30 years or so.

new topics

top topics

join