It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US News & World Report alleges Venezuelan terrorist ties.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
U.S. News and World Report published a report alleging Venezuelan terrorism ties.

U.S. News & World Report article

An editorial rebuttal that takes on the claims:

www.vheadline.com...

President Hugo Chavez Frias himself has addressed the report's allegations and has even invited U.S. News and World Report to come to Venezeula to find even a shred of evidence.

www.vheadline.com...

Basically the U.S. News article is nothing but a propoganda piece. Nobody making the allegations is named in it, but a lot of mud is slung. I guess this is the first media volley being shot to downplay the reality of the situation in Venezuela.

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
OH jeez... doesn't venezuela produce oil? How long can GW use that excuse just for another country to plunder and pilage from?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The Bush administration has been doing everything in their power to bring Chavez down. The CIA was behind the recent attempted coup. Chavez has also claimed that his intel service has solid proof linking the CIA to an attempt to sabatoge his airplane. (He was supposed to come to a meeting at the UN recently, but canceled when the plan was discovered.)

Chavez is his own man and will not be cowed by Washington and the IMF thugs. It's about the oil and the Euro, pure and simple.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Search functions ROCK....no, really!!

"Chavez Plans for Terrorist Regime'
Link:
www.insightmag.com...

"Castro, left, and Chavez meet two to three times a week for strategy sessions."

From Venezuela's own:
"Resistance Movement for Freedom and Democracy'
Link:
militaresdemocraticos.surebase.com...

Financed the Taliban...one of Saddam's best friends...admires Fidel Castro...supports terrorism...collaborates with Libya.....

"Chavez Bombshell?"
Link:
www.nationalreview.com...

"Chavez financed Al Qaeda, details of $1M donation emerge"
Link:
www.militaresdemocraticos.com...

"More Facts Uncovered in Chavez - Al Qaeda Collaboration"
Link:
www.militaresdemocraticos.com...

"U.S., Europe work toward cooperation on Latin crises"
Link:
www.miami.com...

"The Gathering Storm"
Link:
www.frontpagemag.com...

"Venezuela 2003: more violent deaths than in Iraq..."
Link:
www.vheadline.com...

Many more where these came from.........................!!
Same ole' people continuing to do the same ole' spouting and not bothering to "research" fact from fiction themselves!!!

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
THe anti-Chavez rhetoric is not a surprise at all... after all, he is the driving force in Venezuela to support the OPEC push to swap the Euro for the dollar...

I wouldnt be surprised if he does end up assassinated sometime rather soon...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Correct Dragonrider. The world establishment is against Chavez. So, of course the establishment media will do their level best to paint him as a ter'rist supporter/ financer.
I could easily shoot off plenty of links, tho, to confirm our thinking.
www.whatreallyhappened.com is one of the absolute best news sites on the web. Check it out for all your REAL news pertaining to these issues.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Whats even more of ashame concerning the "anti-Chavez" rheotoric...is that many of his own people support it.....and back it up. (while you guys back your stuff up from www.whatreallyhappened.com....see the ones I brought forth done by those who live in Chavez's "same yard"....)

OPEC..and the Euro issue..may be a possible hypothosis, but the truth is Chavez stinks........
And I wouldn't be surpirised by an attempted assassination or successful one either. The man has an army of body guards.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sounds very much like a continuation of this thread, doesnt it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Follow the money. Always follow the money. The euro/oil currency issue is at the heart of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yeah, follow the money indeed.

Seekerof, the fact that he is in cahoots with Castro should tell you something.

Anti Americanism, period. They are joining the increasing body of nations hellbent on our demise. The currency switch would be one form of such a demise.

Enemies who are getting closer and closer to home.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There are many forms of warfare. Economic is every bit as deadly as military action. Watch the euro switch debate closely. The only thing keeping our economy afloat is the interest we earn from trading in Petro dollars.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The Euro.......

Europe trying once more to regain its old colonial might? The fight against its former colony, to attempt to retake the world they once woned but pissed away?

Youre right tho, warfare isnt just bullets and bombs, theres alot more behind the scenes. Money, control of the flow of money, this vital energy that fuels everything.

OPEC, niether European nor American....desires to pull away from American control, to shatter the US with a change, so it will turn back to its former Colonial oppressors out of basic advantage, switching to the Euro to weaken and demolish its big fat enemy...once that enemy is demolished....

Will OPEC then try and become a power of its own? Like, its own major economic bloc? Its own rise as another world power, sort of a south american mid eastern Nato?

So many facets of this gem.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think there would be a awful lot of those bullets and bombs flying before it got to that point. I can't imagine the U.S. would even let the switch to Euro happen without taking on SA or maybe Iran.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
I think there would be a awful lot of those bullets and bombs flying before it got to that point. I can't imagine the U.S. would even let the switch to Euro happen without taking on SA or maybe Iran.

Exactly... see what happened in Iraq? Notice that we have been ramping up rhetoric against Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and now Venezuela?

Anyone taking bets???

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
if I wasnt so poor and worthless, id smack 100 bucks on the table that says saudi Arabia is gonna get it next, with a coup or revolution in Venezuala to follow.

That is, once we discover that venezuala is shipping nukes or chemical weapons to Cuba.

But since Im broke.....Ill have to paqss DR.

Unless of course, u wanna bet for ciggarettes or nudie pictures?

new topics

top topics

join