It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skateboarding, and you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I've been a keen skateboarder for many years now and recent they've been cracking down on skateboarding in my local shopping center. Apparently shoppers and patrons are complaining to police that it is too dangerous to be in such a public area
In all my 7 years of skateing i've never seen a skateboard injure a passer-by.
When will society wake up see the only danger is too the skater?

what are your views?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i just got back from the hospital. i've broken my wrist skateboarding....

let this post be lesson to you about karma.

i only posted this thread 2 days ago and i complained about society.

bad karma

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
20 some years ago skating was my pastime. I was heavily involved from the age of like 5 years old until say 16 (got a car). I was on local skate shop team and was involved in exhibitions and competitions. I know the frustration of being kicked from all the decent skate areas..believe me. With that said there is a danger to other pedestrians. I remember skating in a strip mall under the walkway, fairly slow when a small rock immediately ground my board to a stop. I went forward and my leg flew backward propelling the board at some 25000 mph directly into the ankle of some older woman. Oh man that was so bad...and she was so hurt.

To the point, its hard to argue that accidents won't and don't happen. But dang I'm with ya 100% because I went through it myself.

EDIT: sorry to hear about the hospital visit. Take it easy Bud, hope you get well soon.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah. there is a danger. i once saw a friend come off a skaterboard and land on the bonnet of a small car.
HE MUST OF WEIGHED 320 POUNDS. He laid waste to the little butterbox. It was a write-off.:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Ummmm skateboarders damage property which is never THEIR OWN

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
no skateboarders utilize property that is not their own.

we could be out robbing old ladies or stalking our high school crushes.
because the environment doesn't provide us with a play ground, it shouldn't mean we can't use the one society built

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
no skateboarders utilize property that is not their own.

we could be out robbing old ladies or stalking our high school crushes.
because the environment doesn't provide us with a play ground, it shouldn't mean we can't use the one society built

How about getting a job and building your own skate park to
hide from the police and little old ladies

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There are pretty much two different kind of skate "gangs":

1. The ones who are bored stupid little punks who are disrespectful, rude, loud and destructive. They will yell at you passing by, try to skate around you, laugh at everything, and generally not give a damn.

2. The ones that skate purely to skate. Sort of a higher-class echelon of skaters. They want to do tricks, learn new moves, and just be free to experiment. They generally mean no harm; just want to have a good time.

Unfortunately, the way it goes is that bad skaters give the others a bad rap, and "all" skaters become the punks.

In the hey day of the 80's, I was a Sk8trGurl (although I would have never spelled it that way
), and all I wanted to do was learn some moves.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
put me in class 2.
i skate for life. the trill of risking blood and bone. the rush of flying high and then the euphoria of sticking a new move you've been workin on for weeks.

i don't go around making trouble. i don't bother anyone, well i try not.
as you said some little punks just give us all a bad name.

top topics

join