It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Won't Believe This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
President Bush is spending the night at the Albuquerque Marriott just about 100 yards from my front door.

www.kobtv.com

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. Did you see him? I saw Air Force One once, that's the closest I've gotten.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Actually, I didn't, but apparently I just missed him as I was coming home from Garcia's Kitchen. As I was approaching Louisiana Blvd. on Indian School Rd., I saw a sea of blue lights. I thought it must be an accident and I was taking it easy to see if I needed to take a detour. By the time I got there, the police cars had moved on. It wasn't until when I turned on the ten o'clock news that I heard where he was staying. He'll be making a speech at Intel at 0900 tomorrow. I'd like to see him, but I won't be up that early, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ya that is a pretty cool experience even if you don't like the president at the time!

When Clinton was in office he visited Portland, Oregon and stayed at the Benson Hotel downtown, I was working right next door and had front row "seats" persay, the only problem was the secret service came over and told us not to look out the windows from the 6th floor we were working on, or there would be "consequences". Pretty cool otherwise to see the snipers on the rooftops and then when he was exiting the building they had 2 buses but I never saw which one he got on, I had viewpoints of both exits too.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I had a similar experience in New Orleans when Clinton came to town in about 1996 or so. His motorcade was to come down Camp St. where I worked and they cleared the street completely. At one point, I thought I would stand out in the alcove to catch a glimpse and smoke a cigarette and I mean to tell you, it didn't take ten seconds for someone to come over and shoo me back into the building.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I couldn't care less about the presidents. I just liked going on the planes. *laugh* I got to eat some of Reagan's jellybeans, and sit in his, Bush Sr, and Clintons chairs, and lots and lots of M&Ms with the Presidential Seal on them. Those are going for like $50+ in DC.

new topics

top topics

join