It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So called ghosts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok i have put a few questions together about ghosts that me and a few friends thought of. Anyone who has a so called knowledge on ghosts should try and answer them.

Why isnt there ghosts of Dinosaurs?

Why are some people ghosts and others not?

How are ghosts able to stay on Earth when we are rotating and travelling around the sun? wouldnt they get left behind?

How does gravity apply to ghosts?

Why is there no ghosts of prehistoric man? Most seem to be fairly recent (AD)

Is there ghosts of Animals?

Ok id be thankfull if someone could give me some SO called answers to these questions. Especially the one in bold.

Thankyou

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think the answers to your questions are: there are none... just a lot of theories.
Why no Dinosaur ghosts: People would argue that dinosaurs were not sentient and or didnt have a soul, or maybe there are and we havent found them.

Why are some people ghosts: there are a few viewpoints on this. It could be that they have unfinshed business or that some event compelled them to stay. This links in with the idea that emotions and strong energy can leave an imprint on a physical area and this is replayed some how.

Earth spinning/Gravity: Well, people say that when ghosts appear they follow what they did when they were alive... they cant just float through walls unless there was a doorway there when they were alive. So its reasonable to assume that if they were subject to the laws of physics when they were alive they would be in spirit form... OR they are just imprints... see above

Prehistoric Man, Maybe ghosts fade with time... Though i have heard of ghosts of prehistory... think of ancestors in tribal cultures. They seem recent as they were recorded then... man has only had a system of writing for the last 4000 years (to the best scientific thinking anyway!)

Animals: People claim that animals can become ghosts and or leave an imprint on physical surroundings.

OR
They just dont exist

The long and short of it is, we have no proof either way for any of these questions... whilst we see compelling evidence in the form of photorgraphic evidence, it remains often unrepeatable in a scientific environment. I for one have an open mind about all of this... I believe something happens but what it is and more importantly why: are questions that will not be answered for a long time. I hope I have been able to give you an overview of the theories surrounding ghosts and hauntings and it has helped!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Here is a possible SO called Dino Ghost caught on film.
www.ghostpix.com...

[edit on 3-2-2006 by librasleep]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
dino ghost hanging out in the graveyard. hmmmmm

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Where as many would like to think that if you were to paint someone white.
They might look what they would look like if they were a ghost. In many casesd this can and cannot be true.

There are many factors when it comes to the death of creatures/animals/humans aswell as the birth of the spectre,shade,ghost,litch,chasm.whatever

Also there are many factors which effect many different aspects of the forementioned things.As time goes by depending on the concentration of the energy amassed and why it is there,a ghosts apperance,behaviour and location can change.A fetter is what attracts a ghost.Or what the ghost attracts this can be anyrthing from an object to the behaviour or mental state of a person.

As far as the gravity thing.It would take alot of time right now for me to go into what you really are thinking about.Although it is a really good topic.
I might touch on that later
Scarecrow

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Based on my experience (which I'll explain below) I think some ghosts might be echos. Others seem to be aware of humans.

I grew up seeing them. A white ghost every morning. Once a native American woman in a bright patch-work quilt who was looking at me (red arrows for eyes - weird!) Then there was a cat ghost, so yeah I think animals can be ghosts too (it was aware of me so I'd rule out an ethereal echo).

Seems to me, ghosts are fairly recent, not going back a few hundred years, so I'm of the opinion that the echos and ghosts either fade or move on.

Due to my nature, I'd normally be quite skeptical of this subject, but I know what I saw as a child. It wasn't like fleeting glimpses either. Once I told my parents at the age of 5, the sightings stopped. :/ I suppose I could've been hallucinating all of it though, which is also something I haven't ruled out.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
That was a great recount thankyou friend.I would like to direct your attention to my power of children thread.I am currently disscussing how we lose our insights that we have as children.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ferretmaster

I don't think that there are ghosts. I think that there are good spirits and bad spirits. If you think about it there is good and bad, but where does it come from? If you believe there is a God you can look at it in this aspect (Which I believe to be very true), that the so called ghosts, are are spirits of good and evil or angels and demons. If you think about it there have really never been ghostly animals. Animals cannot speak, and we really don't communicate with them. What would be the importance of seeing a spiritual animal? Spirits have an agenda, and they are seen for reasons. They need to be able to communicate, and animals can't communicate. You may see an apparition of an animal, but all it really does is scare you, or taunt you. So I feel that wether good or bad spirits are here for reasons. They may be here to help, or they may be here to hurt and destroy. To chase after a spirit just to see one, would leave you open, and bad things may happen. Sometimes it is better to not know certain things. There are many people that have special abilities to communicate with the other side. I suggest that you should not wonder and not provoke anything , becasue you may invite something you don't want in. You don't know what you are asking for. I have seen many things, and I continue to see things, and sometimes it can be scary. I don't have all the answers but what I do know is that there is good on my side, and I am glad that there is no evil. There are very many things out there that are pure evil. I try not to associate myself with.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdanprice

For some people, they do not belive in the paranormal. I do, I know for a fact that there is a great deal of activity in the spirtual world. Now I feel that there are not many answers for the activity. I think that you should not be so negative towards people that do chase after these types of things. There are many wonderful people that have the ability to help in these types of situations. You may not want to chase after these types of things yourself, but you should face the fact that these things are real, and sometimes you cannot run from them.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by toraylin

I do agree with you. I think that as children we are connected to a greater power. I think that they can see things that others cannot. My sister and I as children had two friends that I remeber to be so real, and everyone thought that we had imaginary friends. I assumed that they were real. They had strange names Chache and Began. They were homeless, and we would feed them and build them tents when it was cold. We played for years, and one day they were hit by a car, and died and we never saw them again. i know this sounds crazy, but as I grew older I always felt attached to another world. I now can see things that happen before they do. I can feel things that are not there, and I hear things that no one else can hear. I sometimes feel really lost, and many people think that I am crazy. I know I am rambling, but you are right children are connected to something else.

top topics

join