It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, dont believe it!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Is it just me or am I outside looking in on bunch of guys going to church or a mosque or whatever else to pray in, and thinking these are all stupid.
I mean its just a way of controlling the masses a few laws got drew up like the ten commandments and if you disobeyed them you were going to the worst place imaginable, HELL! doesnt it seem a little bit controlling? not only that its perfect in every way, for example when the christian missionaries went to the deep jungles in Africa to convert the natives they came upon the locals placing offerings around carved trees. I imagine the priests must have been the best salesman within the church I mean they are telling these people to stop worshipping there carved trees and telling them to worship someone they cant see or touch although they are giving praise to something they can see, smell and touch.
Well after a while the christian church became very rich and as a matter of fact the vatican city per square mile is one of the richest cities in the world.
If they believe in being good on "Gods" behalf why dont they house the poor and feed the hungry with all that cash instead of sitting in it.
Well thats just my opinion.
Wake up people

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Know what, Jesus spoke against organized religion too.

It doesn't matter how good you are, without Jesus you won't get into heaven. Doesn't matter how many times you attend church or anything.

Don't get Christianity and religion confused, okay?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've written a bit on this very subject. Enjoy my friend.

The conspiricy that IS religion.

I suppose if I have but one thing to fear upon my deathbed it would be that eternal damnation is real, and I was about to experience it. I see myself passing to the other side and as I?m kicking and screaming and fighting to get away I'm slowly but surely dragged towards these two huge pearly gates, as they swing open there stands Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson and all the other self righteous maniacs I've come to detest in this lifetime. In a horror worse then all horrors ever known I?m thrown thru the gates and they close behind me for all time. For me, there could be no crueler fate.

Why do I detest them? Why do I consider them to be the very personification of all that is wrong with the world today? Why can I not be content walking my own path and allow them the right to walk their own? Please, sit back my friend, relax, and let me explain why I am a spiritual anarchist.

Mainstream religions, it doesn?t matter which one you pick, Have but one goal, to enslave the spirit of all they can convert. They will use threats of eternal damnation, guilt over your simple foils as a human being or the threat of the sword if need be to convert as many as possible to the wretched toil of the spiritual cotton fields. Those they cannot enslave they vilify or destroy.

Like the proverbial monster under the bed the religious fiends are there at the birth of every new child, so that the brainwashing can begin at the earliest possible moment. With pictures and home movies they record the baptism, dedication, the time in their nurseries and the first visit to Sunday school where the real indoctrination begins. Different religions have different rituals but all serve the same purpose, to enslave the soul and ensure the new crop of pew warmers are secure within the legions of the spiritually decapitated.

But slavery is not the true nature of man, and they know this. By the time the child is old enough to begin to explore spirituality, to have a truly spiritual experience, they have nothing to fall back upon accept the mindless garbage that has been drilled into them. The first spiritual experience they have reinforces the brainwashing that they have been subject too. The trap had been set from birth and as it was sprung on the unsuspecting and vulnerable child it delivered unto the masters of spiritual despotism another lifelong victim to be exploited.

I suppose there are those that would say any spiritual path is better than none at all. To them I would reply that a life spent in chains is not preferable to a life lived freely, especially when it?s the very slaves that hold the key to their freedom.

Freedom has never been the easy path. You must accept what challenges come your way, responsibility for both your victories and your failures, and understand that you are in the driver?s seat of your own life.

Religions don't allow that. They give you a convenient scapegoat any time something goes wrong. The devil did it, or the evil fairies did it or spirits from the dark side made you do it. That?s crap! The devil didn?t kill 230 million people in WWII, The devil never rode in the crusades and wasn?t onboard the airplanes that crashed in the world trade centers. Man did that and until we stop blaming dark forces and start accepting responsibility for our own actions then the killing will not stop.

Religions take away the very thing they promise, a true relationship with the divine. Forcing people to follow the dogma, not allowing any dissent, saying that 10% of your paycheck and an hour or so on Sunday morning is all you need to be saved from whatever terror they?ve somehow convinced you exists is ludicrous. The creator of all things is NOT a Sunday morning happy meal.

I am a Spiritual Anarchist.

There was a time when human beings were enslaved and a few brave souls stood up and cried out at the brutality and injustice of such a monstrosity being allowed to exist. Many died defending the idea of freedom for all against those that wished to keep people enslaved. In time those few became many and even though it took a war it still led to freedom for all.

I've no doubt there are those that would kill me for the heresy I proclaim. I will not be silenced. The religions and their leaders whose only goal is to keep humans in spiritual servitude and enslave the mind and soul of mankind must be overcome. It is wrong, it is unjust, and I shall cry out for all to hear that it must be over thrown.

The only true hold that religion has on any people is in convincing them that at death they will lose the most precious gift the divine has bestowed upon them, the gift of free will. If religions lose that power they lose their slaves.

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, it was a gift bestowed upon your very nature. You had it before you came here, you chose to come here and you have free will now. When you pass to the next world you will still have free will.

Free yourselves my brothers and sisters. Join me in spiritual anarchy and send the religions of this world to the abyss in which they belong. Only when they are overcome will mankind truly know the joy of a relationship with the divine.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Amethyst

Actually I agree with you, religion has become now a days a very profitable business.

While before that it was the way to make wars and win wars, actually is still the same in modern times.

But here in the west its all about money and mega Churches.

I don't believe in organized religion either.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Amethyst,

Christianity is a religion. Now, what it teach's might be off a little compared to another monothesistic religion, but in the end it's still a religion.

Can you prove you need to believe in jesus to get into your heaven? Can you prove your heaven even exist's? You can't, not a single one of you has ever. The usual answer is, having faith. Or you can't know and understand god's will. Etc. There's no clear cut evidence of anything your type claim's.

Religion is a form of control. A different version of law making. Religion teach's you to basicly, fear god. You do bad, god punish's you. Send's you to an eternal hell. Yet, to get you to believe in god, they preach about how good god is, how loving and all forgiven he is. And when asked how he can be all forgiving and yet send you off to the deepest's bowel's of hell for an eternity... the answer? We can't understand god's will.

Religion is full of contradiction's it's just disgusting anyone still believ's in such superstition. Do you really need to be spoon fed this junk just to feel better about death or to be a good person? Do you really need to keep believing some devine force created the universe without any such proof of it? Religion has been wrong about our world many time's. Flat earth. Sun revolve's around earth. Etc. Yet each time religion realize's it's wrong, it brush's this simple fact aside, tries to forget it and change it's story. Now, with the possibility of alien life, religion turn's and says god created aliens as well. It use's vauge refrence's which previously meant other thing's in religion.

We could also go into it's adoption of various pagan tradition's that have been bastardized by monotheistic religion. The original tradition's destroyed, to be replaced by this god form. Let's look at the flood tale. This flood has been written about centuries before monotheisim was ever practiced. As are alot of other stories in the bible. Yet not a single one of you will open your damn eye's and look. You don't want to. It's too scary for you. It destroy's your god! Fact destroy's your very founding belief's that make you who you are and you'll all defend it to the extreme as most monotheistic religion's have in the past!

Barbaric belief's and superstition's are NOT something we need to advance and better ourselve's.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I too believe religion is ruled by power hungry money thirsty bigots.
Without a doubt. Much of the religion today is about control, definately.

But...
Take a simple example. The average human being (that has a heart) would feel SIMPLE pleasure from helping a frail old person cross the street, right? That simple pleasure from helping others.

That is being a good person. That is all God and christianity expect, imo.
I do not attend any church, I find it filled with hypocrisy and control that is totally against my idea of what God would want from us.

That doesn't mean than any and every person on earth who believes in God - is stupid and blind to the religious bureaucracy that exists in the church. If we all stopped the religious crap in the world and got back to the basics of being KIND to eachother - heh, wouldn't it be great?!

Actual "religion" has a lot to answer for in history and no doubt in the future. I agree with that much!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
sanse_nz,

What do you think god wants? This si how the monotheistic religion has splintered into so many different sect's. All thanks to the, well I think it's this way and not your way. When the original bible was first penned, it's author's claimed it was directed by god and his will or whatnot. So who are you, or anyone for that matter to question that first bible of god?

What make's you or any other religion think they truley got it right, when that first bible says, this is how it is, has been, and forever will be. The average human being is out for his own. How many "average" human's do you see in the new's helping the old and innocent? How many "unaverage" do you see in the world stealing, cheating, lying to get ahead in life? I'll bet you my life, there are more "unaverage" people then there are of your "average" people.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think people want peace - regardless of whether they believe in God or not. That is what I THINK, not claim. As for the bible - pfffft, you ask "who am I to question that first bible of god?"......... do you have proof he wrote it? I doubt it. From what I've seen of the Bible I think most of it is a crock of crap written by Man, not God. (IN MY OPINION)

I don't claim to 'truly have it right' as you say. I did write "imo" meaning IN MY OPINION. I'm not being righteous or judgemental, just stating my opinion.

You are more than likely right re the 'average people' thing......sad, but probably true. Perhaps its better to say Id LIKE TO THINK that the average person would feel some kind of pleasure from being kind to others.
That isn't about religion as such I guess, its just about being nice. But yes, I guess its a matter of personal perspective. hence why I wrote it was my opinion.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No, I don't have proof that he wrote it, but by the same reasoning, do you have proof he didn't write it, or influence the stories as it's told in the bible? Personally, I don't believe in god. It's a fancifull fairytale. Something for those who can't grasp the reality of thing's. Give's them a purpose they themselve's can't find within themselve's. Is there proof of a divine god creating everything in this universe? No, there isn't. So why do people continue to believe? Blind faith a false sense of security. If I lead a good life, when I die I'll be magically transported to the kingdom of heaven to bask in all of god's glory for eternity. What the hell were you created for in the first place if the end result was going to a magical kingdom? Right... Can't understand god's will. Can't understand his master plan.

Does anyone need the belief in a god to be good? No. Simple moral concept's the bible teach's are just, simple moral concept's. There's no need for a divine being to write them down as the ten commandment's for us to follow. It's just common sense concept's. Thou shalt not kill. No crap. Gee, didn't realize that till the almight divine power told me so. Yet, there's also some other thing's in those commandment's that go against how human's truely work. Adultry being one of them. Not all human's by nature are monogamous. Very few species of animal's are truely monogamous. And human's are not one of them. So where the hell is this adultry crap comming from? Obviously god is confusing us with one of his other creation's. I think swans are one of them, not sure... Anywho, if it's mate dies, it never mate's again for the rest of it's life. THAT is monagmy. Human's on the other hand will grieve for a certain ammount of time, find someone new to screw and move on with their live's, that's NOT monogamy.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

It doesn't matter how good you are, without Jesus you won't get into heaven. Doesn't matter how many times you attend church or anything.

Exactly what I woud expect someone who claims to be of Merovingian bloodline would say. And your avatar is Shakespear???..I wont touch that one...

Religion is distorted truth. Its been added to(translatoins), subtracted from (over 700 books held by holy city) I belive the bible to be a book of half truths, reversed truths, hidden truths, and false truths. Certainly plagiarized. If people did any research, they would find the same bible stories in cultures that existed thousands of years before "jesus" with very similiar, almost identical storylines.

The bible , and Religion are simply tools with which to divide and conquer. While the masses of religious minded humans feel right in their "belief"..The heads of these establishments hide books from them. WHATS IN THE OTHER BOOKS????Over 700 to be exact. If the bible and Quraan is all that we must know, then why are they holding in a vault, over 700 unreleased books, and scrolls???

It's becuase they feel we don't NEED to know. More was being told to us in the scriptures (bible, quraan),than we realize, and those at the Vatican know this. and I feel embarassed that fellow humans aren't as curious. They just follow what they are told without question. They support and legally defend child molesters. they stop cases from being heard, and sto them from getting to the media. These are all facts that can be proven. And as always..If asked I will post proof.I just like to give those who have seen the info. i'm refering to, a chance to respond.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by maathotep]

[edit on 9-2-2006 by maathotep]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm quite sure there are still a good number of people who haven't heard of Jesus or Christianity - appears a tad unfair that they can't enter heaven due to not being with someone they have not heard of.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mseven

I'm quite sure there are still a good number of people who haven't heard of Jesus or Christianity - appears a tad unfair that they can't enter heaven due to not being with someone they have not heard of.

This is but one of many reason's they go on missionaries. They try and knock the religous belief's another culture may hold. For instance, africa is prime ground for them. There still exist's plenty tribal societies untouched by the modern world or have very little contact with. They go to these places and knock down their belief of rain god's and such. They feel the need to tear down any religous belief that isn't of their own, or why else would they care if someone else believed in rain god's! Oh sure, they're saving they're souls and bringing jesus into their heart's etc etc etc. But with all due respect, how can you prove/show to primitive and civilized societies that rain god's, volcano god's and whatnot don't exist and that the christian god is the only true god? What undeniable evidence is there for this? There isn't any. They teach these primitive societies to fear god with the stories contained in the bible, they brainwash these societies into believing something that our fellow christians can't even prove is real.

To claim that no matter how good you are you'll never get into heaven untill you except jesus is just as barbaric and uncivilized as you can get.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It is really quite sad that humanity has not yet advanced to the level where we can disregard religion. Religion is a scapegoat for those who are not smart enough to form there own opinion using just common sense, they just follow the path that was made for them since birth.

I am ashamed that only myself and few others have come to realize the outright stupidity of religion. I used to be be a devote cathloc beleive it or not. However, I thought too much and was too open minded for religion. As soon as I started asking questions they were answered with endless vague references, sidesteps, and backtracking.

to all religious people out there, just take about thirty minutes out of your day and just open your mind, stop, and think. You will examine things you have never questioned before, just blindly followed, and you may say to yourself "wait this is stupid what am I doing" I know I did. And beleive being Atheist does not make you a minority, that is what I originaly thought, but there are a lot more Atheist out there than you think, Atheist just dont throw propaganda around like other religions.

But just give it a moments thought instead of tossing it out as heresy immediately. what Robert Ingersoll said was true, as soon as you become convinced the universe is natural you have an overwhelming sense of freedom.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
People accuse Christianity of making non believes go to hell.
Its not like that really. Yes if you are a Christian you will be judged on your merits and if you are not you can still go to heaven for your righteousness.
That means Hitler and your atheist good willed grandma will have logical judgments. Its not as black and white as you think. But accepting Christ has more automatic VIP pass to be sure. There will be 3 locations where man will be in the 1000 years of peace. 1: ON EARTH it self the people who did not believe but have to wait and have normal death and procreation. 2: the new Jerusalem over Isreal. 3: in Heaven and thoughts who died at the tribulation will be the saints and the ones who had faith will resurrect first. There are few brownie points yes and God will be as fair as possible he's not in mans image of how society sees him.

Some will be like Christ impossible to sine some is like Angels there will be different grades.

I think we are all connected to God but are too selfish and proud or occupied with self to open up to him. YES if you are alone and quiet you are bound to see God. 1: its because being in solitude makes you crazy. or 2: being in solitude will take away the worldly confusion and deepen ones thoughts and experience the missing relationship with God. We are basically doing it now on the Internet trying to know all things find the answers in a in way which you feel God would be as he is all knowing. We have his traits we just need to wake up to it and maybe feel resposible of who we are. Its the next step of thought people have had many beyound explanation experiences and this is not a backwards step for man kind. If you do not believe it could be the next step of evolusion and awareness beyound this reality.

Its going beyond this realm as science does also. Science wants to find God that is what its subconciously doing. Is their life out there?

People of a spiritual nature or prophets see beyound our bounderies and go beyond time and even see the future. People can tap into these things why deny it as being backwards in thought. Its about reaching the next level.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Religion is the reason for every law that we have. Laws are the only thing that keeps man from reverting back to being animals and living by the law of the jungle. With that said why would you want to get rid of religion, because however flawed it is and yes it is flawed it stops me from shooting ignorant people.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well Time lord, there lies another problem of religion. Who's right? You say that yes, I'll still goto heaven, but amethyst says I don't have a chance in hell without a belief in christ. So who's right here? I've also got to take into consideration the many other religous beside's christianity, are any of those the correct religions? What evidence do those religions have beyond the unquestioning blind faith doctrine that would lead me to determine which religion is the right one?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Everything has law in the universe no matter what it is. Did we make it up? Did the universe make it up? Is law in our heads because we are the only ones in the universe talking about it. Can law make it self? Its almost a scientist and spiritual question.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I would guess it's more of a common sense issue. It's obvious killing someone is bad. Although some people's brain's are wired wrong, have mental issues, hormone imbalances, that they don't view it the way average society would. Do I need religion to tell me killing is bad? Do I need a written law to tell me killing is bad? My answer would truthfully be, no.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes you are right which religion does the right one?

Look at the logical aguments.

1:Historical records, Christianty and jewdasim boasts a large amout of archaeology its a specialist subject it backs things up.

2:Original manuscipts no other books are closer to date of events.

3:Question the God in Mind is he nuts or logical?

4:The history in the book the events or if the future is predicted look to the future for signs.

5:Fairness of law and logic. Some laws changed as man kind got worse and God as in the Bible as Jesus did payed for our sins so new laws were made.

6: Nature look at the order of things and how man kind is replicating the same ideas found in nature. As God did we do.

7: Science in that religion could it be this way or is that mans interpretation of science.

8: Deeper meanings of context like hidden mathamatical sytems in how things add up. Like the herbrew translation or words in Genesis all divide in 7s or have 7s in their calculated forms.

Question everything, but at the end of the day there is basic law be good or be evil thats a choice.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
if you are alone and quiet you are bound to see God. 1: its because being in solitude makes you crazy.

Yes, solitude does make you crazy, crazy enough to beleive in the concept of a god. The same is true for people who are not so well off or have had a rough life. They beleive in god because they have to beleive there is more to life than just the physical world, because the physical world isn't going so well for them. I understand why they need to think this, if your standard of living is extremely low than who wants to beleive, "well, this is it, my life sucks and it will suck until it ends". No one wants to beleive that, they want to beleive "all I need to do is suffer here a little longer and I will have eternal happiness."

God is a means of control and mans way of dealing with death, nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join