It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely cost effective solar cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hi All,
This is actually pretty cool. I am waiting for this stuff to show up in solar shingles (as the current ones are farily expensive). This could dramatically cut energy costs in the middle of the summer, and reduce our reliance on fossile fules (as is probably obvious to most).

-P

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) -- A major European chip maker said this week it had discovered new ways to produce solar cells which will generate electricity twenty times cheaper than today's solar panels.

STMicroelectronics, Europe's largest semiconductor maker, said that, by the end of next year, it expected to have made the first stable prototypes of the new cells, which could then be put into production.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by postings
Hi All,
This is actually pretty cool. I am waiting for this stuff to show up in solar shingles (as the current ones are farily expensive). This could dramatically cut energy costs in the middle of the summer, and reduce our reliance on fossile fules (as is probably obvious to most).

-P

Very cool concept.
I fear, though, that this may go the way of alternative-fuel cars. Despite the fact that we're depleting the natural resources we rely on, the companies are hellbound to drain every last drop and our $$ with it.

I wish I knew how to build houses.

-B.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You can learn how to build houses for free by being a volunteer for "Habitat for Humanity". It's all hands-on.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to getting solar power (or some sort of 'clean energy') added to our house. To date, none of it has looked very cost effective. I'd like to see some improvements on our current methods.

top topics

join