It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Country/society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I was reading around here today, and I kinda came up with an idea, but it is incomplete. It's about creating an entirely new country/society, knowing what we know now about human nature (the fact that we are inherently selfish etc. etc.) Without getting too much into it, the idea I was thinking was to get everyone to brainstorm ways to make a society/country, where the economic system, social, and civil rules turn selfish into selfless-ness, if that makes any sense whatsoever. For instance, what if there were a society where people don't steal, because there is some aspect of that society that inherrantly keeps that individual honest. Some possible rules:

1. People acquire stuff only in (a certain) proportion to how much of it they give back to the community.
2. People are accepted as part of their community if they contribute to it in some way.

Perhaps new citizens, or younger folk start at the bottom, taking jobs they don't necessarily want or need. But as they begin to realize that giving back is the way to get anywhere in society (a job they like, respect from others etc.) they start moving closer and closer into the kind of work they want to do, and being more a part of society. Put another way, there is a filesharing service called Bit-Torrent. The whole thing about Bit Torrent is that the more of your bandwidth you can share, the faster you are allowed to download stuff. So basically, the more you give, the more you receive in return. Your selfishness can be rewarded, but first you must be selfless. Wouldn't it be great to live in a country where everyone helped everyone else?
Does that make sense at all?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
They've been around forever...if thats where your going

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Kinda, I suppose I was going in that direction. I guess the whole idea is to create a place where to better oneself, on has to first find a way to help others better themselves. Basically you ahve to give before you get kinda thing. In the USA I wonder if capitolism is keeping people away from each other, and actually polarizing them, rather than bringing them together. How much time do you spend with your neightbors? How well do you know them? How well do they know you? When you were a kid, how well did you know the neighborhood kids and vice versa?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea, but there will always be one asshole who is greedy and corrupt. I wish there could be a perfect country tho.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
if you cant make good with what you have what good is more to make with?...

new topics

top topics

join