It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry, opens mouth and inserts foot again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

When will dems/libs start to use facts instead of making things up?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
When?

This is John Kerry you are talking about. When will he start to
use facts instead of spin, lies, and just puking out garbage?

Answer - hasn't yet and probably won't.

He's also deluded ... he's basically announced that he's running
again and that he's 'the front runner' for the dems.

So perhaps some of his lies are things he really believes and
are thus delusions instead.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble but since the "No left behind" program what the schools are doing now to ensure incentives from the government they are just not counting drop outs anymore.

Like that they keep a pretty good stable quota on the students that do graduate.

Is better not to count the drop outs in high school years but they do keep a tags on elementary and junior high due to laws.

Perhaps if you do some researching in what actually is going on the numbers do not look good.

Spanish and Black populations are still the highest groups of drop outs in US and they are not getting any better the [not left behind ] program is actually leaving them very behind indeed.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No you obviously did not read the article.

Kerry's 53% claim conflicts with a recent press release from the U.S. Census Bureau: "High School Graduation Rates Reach All-Time High"

And the Census Bureau's own website states: 85.9 Percent Of Americans Aged 20-24 Are High School Graduates. (U.S. Census Bureau Website, www.census.gov , Accessed 2/1/06)

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
And the Census Bureau's own website states: 85.9 Percent Of Americans Aged 20-24 Are High School Graduates. (U.S. Census Bureau Website, www.census.gov , Accessed 2/1/06)

I see now the issue, I guess I read it wrong, funny that I will have to agree that if you are a drop out Teen age 16 by the time you are in your twenties you probably has not choice but getting a GED diploma to be able to work.

I Guess census Bereau is counting GEDs as high school diplomas but no necessarily they are actually high school Graduates.

That is very misleading.

You have to understand that if school counts Drops out as Whereabouts unknown they are not actually school drop outs but just missing.

So the rates of high schools graduates will stay high due to that.

Very misleading also.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by marg6043]

top topics

join