It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot unarmed man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Firstly, for all those who havent seen this vid on the news:

www.cnn.com...

The guy was unarmed, and sitting on the ground. Apparantly the cop told him to stand up, then shot the guy three times, and then told him not to get up. The guy videotaping can be heard saying "You just told him to get up."

Sickening...protecting and serving...

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The man's name is Elio Carrion. He is an Air Force security officer fresh back from Iraq. He was a passenger, rather than the driver during a brief high-speed chase. KTLA has the video. You can watch it yourself and come to your own conclusions. This is my opinion:

Elio Carrion is on his hands and knees and seems non-aggressive. He tells the deputy that he's in the military, that he hasn't done anything wrong, and that he means no harm. A voice tells him, "Get up! Get up!"
Elio responds, "I'm going to get up." As he moves to get to his feet, the deputy shoots him 3 times. The video I saw on the news yesterday showed him on the ground crying out, while the deputy screams at him to "shut the *bleep* up".

There were no weapons, drugs, or other illegal things found in the car. Neither Elio, nor the driver had anything illegal on their persons. Both men have Hispanic appearances.

I think the deputy assumed these young men were criminals, based on their looks. I think Elio Carrion was pumped full of adrenaline, and was in control of himself. The deputy, on the other hand; was not remotely in control of himself. I think he wasn't listening to anything he or Elio said. I think he thinks he's a big man with a gun, and that ethnic looking people are threatening.

I believe that deputy should be fired, arrested, tried for attempted manslaughter (or attempted murder), convicted, and finally sued.
It's outrageous.

*edited for typing errors

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Busymind]

*and again, because I can't proofread today

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Busymind]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey bro, help me link this thread around ATS. The mods moved it and no one will ever see it. I think this is a very important issue.

I also came to the conclusion that the cop was flying by the seat of his pants, and obviously not thinking cognitively. I understand adrenaline and emotions run high for an officer, but this guy was obviously not a threat to an armed officer.

I can only say it again...sickening

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think it's important too. But I'm a 'sis' not a 'bro'

Did you know, the news is trying to equate this shooting with a different high speed chase that happened in my home town? (sheesh)
The other chase involved a 20 minute chase through morning rush hour, with the driver repeatedly trying to run the cop cars off the road; and ended with the driver exiting the van and trying to run. 4 police officers punched and kicked the driver while he was laying on the ground.

I think there's a HUGE difference between punching/kicking and shooting an unarmed, non-aggressive passenger.

top topics

join