It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Check Never Cashed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So what are the rules regarding personal checks. I hold up my end of the deal and the person never cashed them. They expired and that takes 6 months.

Anyone know typical rules or laws regarding this? Seems the person not doing the cashing is the problem and not the one writing the check.

I could ask my Bank, but it's after hours and I'm just curious if anyone else has had this situation happen. I mean most people will cash a check unless they are insane.

Anyone???

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I had an old expense check from work..
almost a year old..My bank would not cash..
But I turned it in to accounting at work and they gave me a fresh new check.

Is it a person, or a company, to whom you wrote this check?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
A check to a friend whom is becoming less of one. He has a bank on the way to his office so he's had plenty of opportunity to cash it. I even offered to write a new one to an expired one before. It's a habit with him as he's just that lazy. Even the IRS sent him a new one because he never cashed last years...

I would of course never write a new one if the old was lost without asking for him to pay the cancellation fee of 35$ or whatever the current rate is these days.

I don't see how I could be obligated to write another one because he's had plenty of time to take care of this.

join